Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Heroes of Star Wars Scape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   HoSS Points & Rewards Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48892)

Balantai July 5th, 2013 03:52 PM

HoSS Points & Rewards Thread

HoSS POINTS & REWARDS THREAD

Note: Balantai is currently MIA (as of March 2014). Please PM @Porkins for any questions related to this thread.

Any time Heroscapers do any form of playtesting for HoSS, they will receive HOSS Reward Points (HoSSRP), and are encouraged to keep a record of their HoSSRP in this thread. HoSSRP is used as a general rewards program for HoSS.

Heroscapers may receive HoSSRP by completing and sending in a playtesting sheet for HoSS that consists of at least 2 games with the test unit. When a report sheet is sent in, it will be reviewed by HoSS to ensure quality of playtest is up to HoSS standards. Once approved, that HeroScaper will be notified and he/she receives 1 HoSSRP. Once you have some HoSSRP, you are responsible to create a post in this thread in the following format:

Quote:

Current Points: 2
Lifetime Points: 8
Spoiler Alert!

DO NOT create more than one post in this form. Instead you should edit your reward post each time you receive or spend HoSSRP. When you first create a post like the above, please PM Balantai Porkins so that he may add your name and post in a link below.

HoSSRP can be used for the following:

1) You can spend your HoSSRP on designing an official HoSS figure in the public HoSS forum. The cost per figure will vary depending on the figure being created. Check this thread for figure list and cost. Please note that the creation process will be a collabrative effort from current HoSS members and other public participants, but you will be in the driver's seat. HoSS members reserve the right to veto design suggestions submitted by the designer. This is to ensure that the figure being designed remains in line with other figures that may or may not have been released. In addition, there cannot be more than one public design active at any one time. To initiate a public design, first PM Balantai Porkins about your request. The Jedi Council must approve your choice before you begin.

2) Get a private sneak peek at an upcoming unit. COSTS 2 HoSSRP. To do this, post in this thread stating that you are "buying" a sneak peek (and update your points), then PM Balantai Porkins about your request.

3) Get a peek at the Inner Sanctum as a Padawan. COSTS 5 HoSSRP. This will give you a 2 week-long pass into the Inner Sanctum, where you can see upcoming designs and help in the design process.

4) To be eligible to become a Jedi Knight and be a permanent member of the project you will need to have earned a lifetime amount of points at least equal to 15 HoSSRP. When an opening occurs in the HoSS Inner Sanctum, we will look at all eligible scapers and invite one candidate. If accepted, this will make you a member of HoSS and have access to the Inner Sanctum. You will be able to contribute to all discussions that take place there.

5) More options will be added in the future.

PLAYTESTER TRACKING SHEETS
Crixus33
faure
orgsbane
Sir Yeshua
Tornado
Heroscaper Guy
Ninja Status
El T
DanieLoche
Hogg
CrazyTankster
Koolster25
Tai-Pan
TREX
CJtheMighty
billybob5060
Black Charos

Balantai July 5th, 2013 03:53 PM

Re: HoSS Points & Rewards Thread

Draft-able Figures:

You may choose any figure from "A New Hope" or "Empire Strikes Back" (subject to approval by the HoSS Jedi Council) - 3 points
This is not an all inclusive list, but some examples are:
X-Wing pilot(s)
Death Star Gunners
TIE Fighter Pilot(s)
General Dodonna
Admiral Piett
Luke on Tauntaun
Rebel on Tauntaun
Imperial Engineer
Lots of alien races and scum in the Mos Eisley Cantina
Ugnaughts
General Rieeken
Luke Skywalker (Hoth Pilot)
Leia Hoth Commander
Mynock
Wedge

orgsbane July 8th, 2013 01:53 PM

Lifetime Points: 2

Spoiler Alert!

I did some test for the Master Set. Is it at all possible to count those?

Balantai July 8th, 2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orgsbane (Post 1841137)
Current Points: ?
Lifetime Points: ?

I did some test for the Master Set. Is it at all possible to count those?

We will be starting from scratch for all of point calculations. This is primarily to ensure that each of the tests being submitted meet our playtesting standard. Also, it allows us to start everyone at a level playing field.

Crixus33 July 20th, 2013 01:38 PM

Current points: 10
Lifetime points: 10
Spoiler Alert!

Balantai August 7th, 2013 01:19 PM

Stay tuned!

We will be updating the first post with purchasable designs soon. We are finalizing our processes in the Inner Sanctum and will be able to offer you some goodies shortly.

faure August 15th, 2013 04:53 PM

Current Points: 10
Lifetime Points: 10

Spoiler Alert!

Balantai September 6th, 2013 03:49 PM

Just added the first list of draftable figures. :D

See the second post for the list.

Balantai September 6th, 2013 03:54 PM

We have more figures to playtest coming soon!

faure September 6th, 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

We have more figures to playtest coming soon!
Looking forward to it!

Sir Yeshua October 2nd, 2013 07:32 PM

Spoiler Alert!

Tornado December 24th, 2013 08:32 AM

Spoiler Alert!

Heroscaper Guy February 22nd, 2014 04:29 PM

Lifetime Points: 13
Spoiler Alert!

Heroscaper Guy March 1st, 2014 03:30 PM

Okay, I assume this is how it's done. I'm starting the design for 2-1B. Updating points accordingly.

Porkins March 1st, 2014 03:43 PM

Our first public design! We haven't totally thought out how this will work yet since it hasn't happened before :oops:

Go ahead and create a thread titled "The Holocron of 2-1B - Brainstorming Phase".

Copy the format of one of the existing Holocrons by quoting it, then copy/pasting it into your new thread. Also reserve the 2nd post. Then go to town updating the bio, figure, etc.

Finally, kick off the brainstorming session in the third post!

Once you want to move from brainstorming to Design Phase (after a 48 hour minimum of brainstorming), you start the Design Phase by posting a first draft. When it comes time for Playtesting, a vote by the Jedi Council will be required to move to that phase.

After Playtesting is Finalization phase and Released. Jedi Council votes are also required for those steps.

Porkins March 28th, 2014 03:51 PM

Added Garindan to the list for available public designs. If you are not sure who that is, he is the informer in Episode IV who lets the Stormtroopers know about the whereabouts of Luke and Obi-Wan as they prepare to leave Mos Eisley.

Ninja Status April 21st, 2014 05:31 PM

Current Points: 4
Lifetime Points: 4
Spoiler Alert!

El T May 7th, 2014 10:55 AM

Current Points: 3
Lifetime Points: 3
Spoiler Alert!

DanieLoche May 7th, 2014 04:10 PM

Current Points: 1
Lifetime Points: 1
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for the example El T. :mrgreen:

Hogg June 12th, 2014 04:02 PM

Current Points: 1
Lifetime Points: 1

Spoiler Alert!

Porkins said to give myself a point for the Hoth release pictures I took. Did I do it right?

Arch-vile June 12th, 2014 04:28 PM

Looks good, Hogg. Very cool Hoth pics by the way! 8)

Porkins July 2nd, 2014 02:50 PM

Added several more choices to the design-able figures and lowered the cost on a couple figures. It now looks like:

Han on Tauntaun - 5 points
Hoth Leia - 5 points
Luke on Tauntaun - 5 points
Garindan - 3 points
Admiral Piett - 4
Admiral Ozzel - 4
Hoth Han - 5
Hoth Luke - 5

CrazyTankster August 27th, 2014 05:26 PM

Current Points: 7
Lifetime Points: 7

Spoiler Alert!

Koolster25 January 3rd, 2015 01:37 PM

Current Points: 17
Lifetime Points: 17

Spoiler Alert!

Are points awarded for designing maps and scenarios?

Porkins January 5th, 2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolster25 (Post 1993774)

Yes, we have awarded points to the winners of our map/scenario design competitions in the past. The reward system is always up for revision if someone convinces us it needs a change.

Koolster25 January 7th, 2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 1994085)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolster25 (Post 1993774)

Yes, we have awarded points to the winners of our map/scenario design competitions in the past. The reward system is always up for revision if someone convinces us it needs a change.

Is there a map/scenario contest going on right now? Where are these contests posted?

Porkins January 7th, 2015 05:56 PM

Not currently, but we are working on rebooting our Battlefields of Star Wars Scape (BoSS) effort, which will be a public group of people working on maps and scenarios. You are welcome to help out there if you are interested. Keep an eye on the HoloNet News Thread. We'll announce it there.

Koolster25 January 8th, 2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 1994819)
Not currently, but we are working on rebooting our Battlefields of Star Wars Scape (BoSS) effort, which will be a public group of people working on maps and scenarios. You are welcome to help out there if you are interested. Keep an eye on the HoloNet News Thread. We'll announce it there.

Ok. Thanks!

Tai-Pan January 12th, 2015 04:50 PM

Lifetime Points: 14
Spoiler Alert!

Koolster25 January 16th, 2015 03:04 PM

Have you guys considered a list for the OP with all the playtesters names and HoSSRP, like C3V has?

Koolster25 January 18th, 2015 01:27 PM

I've compiled one for ya. If you want it you can put it in the OP.
Spoiler Alert!

Porkins January 20th, 2015 09:28 AM

It's a good idea, but it's not something I want to maintain, since I'd have to update each time someone completes a test.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolster25 (Post 1997189)
Spoiler Alert!

Koolster25 January 20th, 2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 1997572)
It's a good idea, but it's not something I want to maintain, since I'd have to update each time someone completes a test.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolster25 (Post 1997189)
Spoiler Alert!

Good point.

El T January 20th, 2015 08:34 PM

A good alternative might be to simply link to each user's post, which would obviate the need for manual updating.

Porkins January 21st, 2015 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El T (Post 1997738)
A good alternative might be to simply link to each user's post, which would obviate the need for manual updating.

You mean like what is already in the OP or are you talking about something else?

El T January 21st, 2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 1997788)
Quote:

Originally Posted by El T (Post 1997738)

You mean like what is already in the OP or are you talking about something else?

Wow, I'm an idiot. That's what I get for hitting quick reply before actually checking the OP. :oops:

Porkins January 21st, 2015 10:26 PM

OK, I didn't mean it that way (ie - I wasn't calling you an idiot) just wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly. Sorry if it came across wrong.

El T January 21st, 2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 1997986)
OK, I didn't mean it that way (ie - I wasn't calling you an idiot) just wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly. Sorry if it came across wrong.

Oh, certainly not! I wasn't getting any negative vibes from you, I just really thought I was being stupid. :D No worries!

TREX January 31st, 2015 01:54 PM

Current points-20
Lifetime points-20

Spoiler Alert!

{spoiler}
Stuff you want to hide
{/spoiler}
Except you use [ instead of { and ] instead of }

Tai-Pan February 10th, 2015 10:06 AM

Turned in Yoda. Working on Vader.

TREX February 17th, 2015 12:43 AM

Yoda's done. On to Vader and the Ewok Glider

Tai-Pan February 18th, 2015 08:26 AM

Finished up Vader

Porkins February 18th, 2015 10:20 AM

No need to post completions here, only in the Playtesting thread so mac or I can update the OP of that thread. For this thread, just go ahead and quietly edit your points count.

TREX May 8th, 2015 07:59 PM

@Porkins , can we get this thread stickied, that way I don't have to look for it, it'd be on the OP of threads.

CJofCourse April 19th, 2016 06:12 PM

Current Points = 1
Lifetime Points = 1

Spoiler Alert!

Yodaking April 21st, 2016 02:45 PM

Great work CJ!

billybob5060 May 4th, 2016 03:15 PM

Current Points: 4
Lifetime Points: 4