Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

dfonse July 15th, 2010 04:53 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1145239)
The problem I see with a special attack that affects all figures but is especially bad for undead is why would a non-undead figure receive wounds from having water thrown on them? If he has a special attack that has negative affect for undead the attack itself should affect only undead. But then you begin to lose the all-around quality that jcmcminis is going for.

That is why I think any special attack should be completely general with no specific affect against undead and any power that is specifically against undead should be an ability based power and not an attack.

You have a point. We need to find something general for every yet deadly to undead what about like blessed whip. Attack 5 range 3 undead figures roll 2 less defense against blessed whip.

Lamaclown July 15th, 2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfonse (Post 1145327)
You have a point. We need to find something general for every yet deadly to undead what about like blessed whip. Attack 5 range 3 undead figures roll 2 less defense against blessed whip.

I could go along with that one. I've never personally been hit with a whip, but, boy, I bet it would hurt (and I'm not even Undead).

Depending on Simon's base stats I might lower the attack to 3. You wouldn't inflict as much damage on non-undead but an undead with a base defense of 4 that is dropped to 2 defending against an attack of 3- pretty good odds against the undead.

mac122 July 15th, 2010 04:59 PM

That kind of special would work much better and let Simon be useful in more armies.

dfonse July 15th, 2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1145341)
That kind of special would work much better and let Simon be useful in more armies.

Now we are all happy:D or at least me and Mac122

Lamaclown July 15th, 2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfonse (Post 1145347)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1145341)

Now we are all happy:D or at least me and Mac122

Hey, this... :D... is me smiling ;)

JC McMinis July 15th, 2010 05:34 PM

Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant

Health: 5
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Size: Medium 5

Reach
If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of Simon Belmont and its base is no more than 3 levels above his height or 3 levels below his base, you may add 1 to Simon's Range when attacking that figure.

Vampire Killer Whip
When Simon attacks a figure that is Undead with a normal attack, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

Axe Special Attack
Range 4. Lob 12 Attack 3
No line of sight is required.

I did some reading on the Castlevania wiki the reason the whip is so lethal to undead is one of Simon's decendants lovers was turned into a vampire and her soul was infused into the whip. I went with his axe for special attack rather than holy water to make him more draftable even if your opponenent does not have undead.

Balantai July 15th, 2010 05:35 PM

The template is added to the first post.

Balantai July 15th, 2010 05:47 PM

I like your first draft, JC. Here are my suggestions/critiques:

Reach and Vampire Killer Whip seem like they would make more sense if they were rolled into one Special Attack.

Whip Special Attack
Range 2 + Special. Attack 3
When attacking Whip Special Attack, the defending figure's base may not be more than 3 levels above Simon Belmont's height or 3 levels below his base. If the defending figure is Undead, all skulls rolled count as 1 additional hit.

I would then roll your axe Special Attack into his base stats by giving him a range of 4. This would make room for another ability on his card, also. Perhaps a sense undead ability?

machinekng July 15th, 2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1145410)
I like your first draft, JC. Here are my suggestions/critiques:

Reach and Vampire Killer Whip seem like they would make more sense if they were rolled into one Special Attack.

Whip Special Attack
Range 2 + Special. Attack 3
When attacking Whip Special Attack, the defending figure's base may not be more than 3 levels above Simon Belmont's height or 3 levels below his base. If the defending figure is Undead, all skulls rolled count as 1 additional hit.

I would then roll your axe Special Attack into his base stats by giving him a range of 4. This would make room for another ability on his card, also. Perhaps a sense undead ability?

If that's the case, I would also bump his base attack up to 4.

JC McMinis July 15th, 2010 06:23 PM

The more I think about it, I would rather his whip be his primary attack, so maybe instead of a special attack we can do this.

Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant

Health: 5

Reach
If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of Simon Belmont and its base is no more than 3 levels above his height or 3 levels below his base, you may add 1 to Simon's Range when attacking that figure.

Vampire Killer Whip
When Simon attacks a figure that is Undead, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

Sense Undead
When rolling initive, you may add 1 to your roll for each of your opponent's order markers that are on an undead army card.

Taeblewalker July 15th, 2010 06:35 PM

In a game vs. Undead, Simon more than justifies his points, but in any other match-up, he is like a Sir Denrick with a range boost but without bonding, +2 attack vs. Huge or Coward's Reward. His survivability is identical. I would put him at 90 points. He is highly draftable in a vs. Undead army, but he can be taken down easily enough by Zombie Horde, and is still vulnerable to Chilling Touch.

Hidicul July 15th, 2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1145477)
The more I think about it, I would rather his whip be his primary attack, so maybe instead of a special attack we can do this.

Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant

Life: 5

Reach

Vampire Killer Whip
When Simon attacks a figure that is Undead, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

Sense Undead
When rolling initive, you may add 1 to your roll for each of your opponent's order markers that are on an undead army card.

Added Sir G's changes to the form.