Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Hogun (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=40639)

tcglkn April 19th, 2012 07:57 AM

Re: The Book of Hogun - Designing

Sounds good. I'd definitely want these guys to be Asgardian's for synergy reasons.

IAmBatman April 19th, 2012 10:17 AM

Works for me!

mmmm ... fudge ....

tcglkn April 19th, 2012 10:21 AM

I want these guys to work well with my latest draft. Only makes sense.

IAmBatman April 19th, 2012 10:27 AM

That Heaven and Hell wave is starting to look really nice ... speaking of, time for an early draft myself (you guys have managed to pull me away from Friday!).

Griffin April 20th, 2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Hogun

Ah, I used to watch Hogun's Heroes as a kid. "I know nothing!" Hee. Oh, sorry. Wrong Hogan. :grin:

Bludgeoning Strike

Sometimes you fall one wound short, and this is really handy for that. I also like the option to apply the additional wound to an adjacent figure. This could apply to a destructible object such as an Evergreen Tree. That would be hilarious! :grin:

If you strike a figure with Magical Defense with no other adjacent figure, would the additional wound be discarded since it's part of the same attack, or would you be able to inflict the additional wound similar to the way some splash damage works?

The additional wound would be discarded, I believe. I think that is how we have ruled on this before. Seems right anyways.
Quote:

Warriors Three
Since this occurs at the start of turn, perhaps this should be listed first. This is a nice bonding ability.
Good idea, and thanks.
Quote:

Final Thoughts
Fantastic design! Bring on the Warriors Three!
Yeepee! :cheer: :cough: :oops: :cough: I mean... Yarh! :mad:

Griffin April 20th, 2012 07:38 AM

I decided that since the WARRIORS THREE power was going to be the common power among them, it should stay at the bottom of the card.

IAmBatman April 20th, 2012 11:17 AM

Makes sense to me. I figured that was your logic to start with. :-)

Griffin April 20th, 2012 04:05 PM

Thanks a lot. This guy does have a bit of a Valhalla feel to him. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Looks good. I feel like I'm just saying that a lot recently. But, honestly, I don't see anything to pick at. You may edit the wording slightly as you go forward, but I think this is solid--and fun!

I like seeing powers that rift off of old powers, but perfectly match a new figure (like this rift off of Cleave and off of the MM power). Nice work. I'm excited to see these 3 come out.

Best, V :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin
Thanks for all ERB help. :smile:

HOGUN

ASGARDIAN
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
GRIM
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6
BLUDGEONING STRIKE

When a defending figure receives one or more wounds from Hogun's normal attack, you may inflict one additional wound on it or any figure adjacent to it.

WARRIORS THREE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Hogun, you may either move up to 3 figures you control that have this special power, or you may attack with up to 3 figures you control that have this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

Griffin April 20th, 2012 04:07 PM

Nice comments. I will pass all that on. Thanks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins
I wondered how you would bond these 3. I think the power may be a bit unclear though. Is the figure who revealed the OM (in this case Hogun) eligible to be moved or attack when using Warriors Three? It is obviously pretty safe to assume yes, since there are three Warriors Three, and since the power says you can move or attack with three figures, but I think it would be a bit better if you clarified that.

One more nit-pick: on Bludgeoning Strike, I think it would be a bit clearer if the text didn't have so many repetitions of the word 'it'. (Ohhhh, I've said it again!) By the last 'it' I was a little unsure whether the second figure that gets a wound is adjacent to the defending figure or Hogun. Again, I think it is pretty safe to assume that 'it' refers to the defending figure, but FWIW.

Cost looks about 260-280, I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin
Thanks for all ERB help. :smile:

HOGUN

ASGARDIAN
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
GRIM
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6
BLUDGEONING STRIKE
When a defending figure receives one or more wounds from Hogun's normal attack, you may inflict one additional wound on it or any figure adjacent to it.

WARRIORS THREE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Hogun, you may either move up to 3 figures you control that have this special power, or you may attack with up to 3 figures you control that have this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

IAmBatman April 20th, 2012 04:55 PM

The word "it" is only used twice in that power, and refers to the same thing in both cases (the defending figure) so I'm not seeing much room for confusion there, personally.

Griffin April 20th, 2012 05:23 PM

Thanks Bats.

Griffin April 24th, 2012 01:18 AM

I am gonna give some more time for the sanctum to review Fandral and Volstagg, then I will start testing these 3 together.