Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Alpha Flight Workshop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48563)

IAmBatman May 31st, 2013 09:52 AM

Re: C3G Alpha Flight Workshop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 1821704)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1821533)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1821260)
I chose Puck as Operative for class so that you could feasibly make all of Alpha Flight Operatives and create synergies using that class.

Nope. Aurora's not an Operative. We gave you Outer Sanctum access so you'd know these things, gees. :-P

I think this means to ease back on the Operative powers. :)

You guys can go wherever you want to with those, just know that Aurora won't be included. :shrug:

Tornado May 31st, 2013 09:56 AM

Power for Shaman from wiki

Shaman is a magic-wielder who carries a medicine bag which contains a pocket dimension known as the Void. He can summon all manner of mystical objects and potions from the bag.

Following his vision quest, Shaman gained the power to beseech spirits to fulfill his requests. He could not force the spirits to obey. In this incarnation, Shaman carried a "spirit staff," which would glow when he summoned the spirits. He wore an "eagle helm," which could transform into an eagle which served as his familiar spirit.

Shaman could levitate (but not fly) by manipulating ambient mystical energy.

On the Marvel site all his abilities of durability, energy, fighting, intelligence, speed, strength have the lowest rating possible.

So no Magical Defense may be right on.

Yeah, I guess that is what I meant about Operative powers. You said it better.
The designs/powers may need a tweak when the drafted figures are released.
Thanks Bats. :)

weebaer May 31st, 2013 10:23 AM

Marvel comic database seems to have a few additions to what you listed:
Spoiler Alert!

The power ratings are all based on a max of 7. So he has above average intellegence, speed is slow (2), but he teleports which puts it at 7. His energy projection is quite high.

I am not sure where you got your sources T-spinny ;)

Tornado May 31st, 2013 10:30 AM

Strange that Marvel would have his power grid as all ones on one page and not on another.
Did he become more powerful at some point?
I know he acquires various mystical items through his career.

weebaer May 31st, 2013 10:35 AM

Im not sure, I just always use Marvel Comic database for all my custom supers. That allows me to have a good picture of what they are capable of. Some of the marvel comics database has 2 sets of power grids (one is based on fan's opinions) I use the official rating obviously.

Tornado May 31st, 2013 10:46 AM

Ahh, maybe that is it. Thank-you.
Do you have a link?

weebaer May 31st, 2013 10:55 AM

here
There are also different earths, depending on which one you were looking at makes a difference as well. Earth 616 is the most common (the one we all know).

dok May 31st, 2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weebaer (Post 1821706)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman
surprised to see he's a Human, not a Mutant! I thought Alpha Flight was mostly Mutant?

Only the twins are mutants actually.

Vindicator has a super sophisticated suit more streamlined and less bulky than Iron Man's. He is a human to begin with, then he becomes a cyborg later.

Sasquatch starts almost exactly like his close friend and fellow scientist Bruce Banner except he has his full knowledge and control when in Sasquatch form. (later we learn he is actually a legend called Tanaraq)

Puck is also a Mutate being mutated and torcherd by magic/mystical powers.

Shaman is a human mystic.

Snowbird is a demigoddess

Merrina is part of an alien race known as the Plodex.

Well, Madison Jeffries (and his brother Lionel, who could be an interesting villain to make) are Mutants.

DocGlock May 31st, 2013 11:48 AM

Just out of curiosity has anyone decided what direction they want to take with Snowbird? Her powerset pretty much falls directly in line with Beast boy except she generally has to revert to her human form first. Unless someone knows where to find some artic animal figures though I'm not sure how we would be able to pull that one off. Also she has transformed into Wendigo and a Tanaraq before but I don't know if we could incorporate those transformations into her design without giving her an absurdly high point cost.

darkraptor5413 May 31st, 2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 1821690)
Cool Shaman darkraptor.

He will need a defender with no Magical Defense, interesting take.

I like the static nature of his powers.
Magical Defense comes with a built in Wong for humans.
Is that why you do not want him to have it or because he is wise, or another reason?
He would be the first design immune to Sorcerer Supreme.

For Puck I could go either way on the wounding power. I liked the idea of him moving figures about a little better and that is why he only wounded figures on a shield roll in my design. I could see even dropping it down to a blank. I think he will function nicely in that role, moving enemies to low ground and (just thought of this)friendlies to high ground. (Hmm I may have to restrict that to enemy figures.)
Anyway that will be up to the preference of the LD and the voters. :)

I would want to take Sasquatch out first, he will get scary. Fun design.

Tornado May 31st, 2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1821184)
I'd design Snowbird using the same template as Vixen.

Sounds like a good start. :)

Still having computer issues darkraptor?

TrollBrute May 31st, 2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocGlock (Post 1821773)
Just out of curiosity has anyone decided what direction they want to take with Snowbird? Her powerset pretty much falls directly in line with Beast boy except she generally has to revert to her human form first. Unless someone knows where to find some artic animal figures though I'm not sure how we would be able to pull that one off. Also she has transformed into Wendigo and a Tanaraq before but I don't know if we could incorporate those transformations into her design without giving her an absurdly high point cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 1821792)
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1821184)
I'd design Snowbird using the same template as Vixen.

Sounds like a good start. :)

Like I said in the Public Design Post, ZJ has a solid write-up for Snowbird, following similar mechanics as Vixen. I'll see if he'd be willing to post it here, in the interest of working out a direction for the rest of Alpha Flight.