Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of The Top (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55060)

Scapemage August 9th, 2018 09:39 PM

The Book of The Top

The Book of The Top

C3G DC WAVE 31
YEAR OF THE VILLAIN

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...eTop_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...heTop_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Arkham Asylum set.
Its model number and name are #053 / The Top.

Character Bio - Originally a villain of Barry Allen, the second Flash, Roscoe Dillon was a man who taught himself to spin so fast that he could deflect bullets. In love with the idea of fame and fortune, he soon donned a green and yellow stripped costume and assumed the identity of The Top! Over time, The Top fell in love with Captain Cold's sister, Lisa Snart (aka the Golden Glider) and worked to use his spinning skills to help her be a better skater and Rogue. Through continued use of his powers, Roscoe developed psionic abilities enough to control the minds of others in his proximity. Roscoe Dillon scrambed his own brain cells when he spun, causing him to grow in power but go increasingly insane. His augmented brain cells deteriorated as he came into contact with Barry Allen, the Flash, and specifically wielders of the Speed Force. This deterioration slowly pushed him away from life, until his body was destroyed. However, after Barry Allen's death, he recovered his sanity and his body, and returned more competent and powerful, though still somewhat insane. Since then, he has grown in power and continued facing the Flashes (Barry Allen, Wally West, and Bart Allen) walking the fine line between being at his most powerful and returning to insanity.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
Outgoing Synergy:
  • The Top weakens opponents defending against attacks from friendly Rogues near him with his Making The World Spin special power.

Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Scapemage August 9th, 2018 09:41 PM

Re: The Book of The Top (Design Phase)

NAME = THE TOP
SECRET IDENTITY = ROSCOE DILLON

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = OBSESSIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 185

MAKING THE WORLD SPIN
When a Rogue you control attacks a figure that is within 6 clear sight spaces of The Top, the defending figure cannot move this turn and must roll 1 fewer defense die for each blank rolled by the attacking figure. Androids and destructible objects are not affected by Making the World Spin.

SPINNING TOP SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Instead of moving and attacking, you may move The Top up to 3 spaces and then roll 4 attack dice once against all figures adjacent to him. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. If The Top inflicts at least one wound with this special attack, you may move him up to 3 spaces and attack with this special attack one additional time. The Top will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special attack.

EXPLOSIVE TOP SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
Choose a space within 6 spaces of The Top. All figures on or within one space of the chosen space that are within clear sight of The Top are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Scapemage August 9th, 2018 09:46 PM

Comic Art:

Background:

Scapemage August 9th, 2018 09:47 PM

@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1

Want to get your guys' early thoughts here since this guy was workshopped a fair bit previously.

Don't have synergies up yet, but he has Rogue synergy as well as Insane synergy.

Yodaking August 9th, 2018 10:26 PM

Is Insane really important to you here? I only ask because the current Insane synergy is better than the current Rogue synergy and I'd hate to see the card priced higher because of HQ bonding. The Rogues really need some quality allies.

Scapemage August 9th, 2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2209466)
Is Insane really important to you here? I only ask because the current Insane synergy is better than the current Rogue synergy and I'd hate to see the card priced higher because of HQ bonding. The Rogues really need some quality allies.

I'm definitely not married to Insane, but it's a perfect fit. Any other suggestions? This guy is quite literally nuts.

Yodaking August 9th, 2018 11:07 PM

We could go with Psychopath instead.

japes August 9th, 2018 11:07 PM

Interesting...I didn't recall him being insane. I mean not seriously...they liked to go against flash so I guess they were all a touch crazy, but not insane. I think we need a spidey signal for this one.

Ronin August 10th, 2018 12:12 AM

Psychopath is a class, not a personality.

I think we usually use Unstable when we want to avoid Insane synergies.

Spidey'tilIDie August 10th, 2018 03:54 AM

I'd lower each special attack by one. Currently Spinnng Top SA is better than Fist Fusillade and no speedster should be better than the Flash, IMO. It also creates more tension with his normal attack. Why would you ever use his normal attack currently? Maybe if he had height and was boosted by both Cap and Starlord, but even then it's less total dice than a second attack.

Margloth August 10th, 2018 08:18 AM

I’d echo Spidey’s sentiments on the special attacks. This guy’s stats already make him a top-tier (GET IT?!?!) member of the Rogues. I get that they’re a faction that needs help, but I’d hate to see too much power creep on a minor character.

How about “Batty” as a substitute for Insane? Insane, but without the psycho connotation. Could be a good substitute for these “goofy” insane characters.

IAmBatman August 10th, 2018 08:33 AM

I could see Obsessive as a personality due to his obsession with tops.