Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of King Kong (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56831)

quozl April 7th, 2020 05:09 PM

The Book of King Kong

The Book of King Kong

C3G BOOM STUDIOS PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 23
CREATURES AND CRIME FIGHTERS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Kong_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...gKong_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Playmates Toys figure from the Kong: Skull Island set.
Its model name and size are Kong / 6.5"

Alternate Cards:

Character Bio - He's a big, bad ape. But he's not as bad as Leroy Brown.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: King Kong is a double-spaced figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

quozl April 7th, 2020 05:10 PM

Re: The Book of King Kong

NAME = KING KONG

SPECIES = SIMIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 18

LIFE =8
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 400

PRIMAL RAGE
At the start of the game, choose an opponent to choose a Unique Hero you control. If the chosen Hero receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, you must immediately move all of your Order Markers to this card and move King Kong up to 6 spaces. For the rest of the game, if King Kong is on the battlefield, you must place all of your Order Markers on this card.

SIMIAN CLIMBING 20
When moving normally up levels of height to move onto a space with King Kong, you may count up to 20 levels of height as one space. You may ignore King Kong's height when climbing.

GRAB AND CARRY
After moving, you may choose one small or medium figure that was adjacent to King Kong during his movement. Place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to King Kong. If the chosen figure is engaged when it is moved by Grab and Carry, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

TWO-HANDED ATTACK
If King Kong did not use Grab And Carry this turn, he may attack one additional time.

SUPER STRENGTH
Spoiler Alert!

quozl April 7th, 2020 05:10 PM

Comic Art

https://wallpaperstock.net/jungle-ri...71_640x960.jpg

japes April 7th, 2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2366372)
NAME = KING KONG

SPECIES = Simian
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Protector
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE/HEIGHT = Huge 15

LIFE =10
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 300

ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
At the start of the game, choose an opponent to choose a Unique Hero you control. If the chosen Hero receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, immediately move King Kong up to 6 spaces, and you must place all of your Order Markers on this card until King Kong is destroyed.

SIMIAN CLIMBING
When moving normally up levels of height to move onto a space with King Kong, you may count up to 10 levels of height as one space. You may ignore King Kong's height of 15 when climbing.

GRAB AND CARRY
After moving, you may choose one small or medium figure that was adjacent to King Kong during his movement. Place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to King Kong. If the chosen figure is engaged when it is moved by Grab and Carry, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

TWO-HANDED ATTACK
If King Kong did not use Grab And Carry this turn, he may attack one additional time.

SUPER STRENGTH

SIMIAN CLIMBING 10
When moving normally up levels of height to move onto a space with King Kong, you may count up to 10 levels of height as one space. You may ignore King Kong's height of 15 when climbing.

Is calling out his height number needed. Seem like this could be reusable and leaving out his number allows flexibility.I

I like the carry and two attack conflict.

Yodaking April 7th, 2020 05:32 PM

I'd be okay with a stat bump up here. 6 base att. seems a little weak for King Kong when Grodd/Gorilla-Man/etc. all have a base att. of 6 already. Def. can stay at 5, I like how he is fairly easy to hit but hard to take down via the high life. Move I would be okay with 7 or 8, Apes are pretty quick and he's got a large gait.

Is the intent for him to bond with the GCW then? If not, Event Hero would do the trick.

Any consequence from not having a UH in your army other than Kong? Might run him with GCWx4 for an 800 point build and dodge that first power. Or is the intent that Kong can be chosen so him taking one wound of damage shuts down the GCW bonding for the rest of the game?

Agree with Japes approach to re-use ability for Simian Climbing on smaller Apes.

In general I kind of feel his theme level puts him closer to the 400 point units we've made then the 300 point ones.

quozl April 7th, 2020 05:40 PM

Agreed on the Climbing change.

I think he should be a Unique Hero because he can be controlled but it's not a necessity.

If there is no other Unique hero, the opponent has to choose Kong.

Ronin April 7th, 2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2366371)
He's a big. bad ape.

Not as bad as Leroy Brown.

I have the figure and can provide pics - tried to take some a week or two ago, but they came out crappy, so I'd have to take another shot at it.

On the climbing change - it's not necessary to drop the "of 15" from "height of 15" - a lot of climbing powers include that and we just change it to whatever the unit's height is. (See Bud and Lou vs Catwoman II). That said, I don't see what good it's doing us either, so I'm cool with dropping it.

Yodaking April 7th, 2020 06:05 PM

Mind Control is a good reason to keep him Unique. The all OM's required on his card keeps the GCW from being too good an option as well.

johnny139 April 7th, 2020 07:30 PM

I could probably quibble with the exact names, wording, implementation and all that, but I like where he's at. It's Kong-esque, certainly.

Not in love with Protector for his class, but I suppose he's also the "Protector" of that tribe on Skull Island, so it works. I do prefer him as Unique, if only because I think Kong with an army of GCWs sounds like a lot of fun. :lol:

IAmBatman April 7th, 2020 08:09 PM

Yodaking covered my questions about the Event Hero vs. Unique Hero decision and the language in Ultimate Sacrifice, and I'm happy with the answers. :up:

Dr. Jekyll April 7th, 2020 10:42 PM

Ultimate Sacrifice sounds like a power where your opponent should be allowed to pick any unique figure other than Kong. If he's a Protector, wouldn't it be more of a protecting power? I agree with Yodaking on the Stat boost for attack and points as well.

quozl April 7th, 2020 11:28 PM

You don't want Ultimate Sacrifice to get triggered if you control Kong. Your opponent should choose your weakest Unique Hero.