Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   game mat question (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53883)

9BelowMadness March 20th, 2017 01:40 PM

game mat question

Has anyone used the game mats made by gamematz.com? They have a few ocean/water based mats of various sizes (3'x3', 3'x4', etc.), and have an option to include a hex pattern. I think the HS hex size is 1.75 inches, please correct me if this is wrong.

I'm looking to get some feedback to see how well they work with HS terrain. I searched through some of the other forums but didn't see anything about these mats.

Thanks!

kolakoski March 21st, 2017 02:39 PM

Re: game mat question

Well met!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness (Post 2140716)
Has anyone used the game mats made by gamematz.com? They have a few ocean/water based mats of various sizes (3'x3', 3'x4', etc.), and have an option to include a hex pattern. I think the HS hex size is 1.75 inches, please correct me if this is wrong.

I'm looking to get some feedback to see how well they work with HS terrain. I searched through some of the other forums but didn't see anything about these mats.

Thanks!

I don't know the 'Scape hex size off hand, but my Sky Mat is 1.75", and works fine, so I'd go with that. A lot of great terrain choices. Definitely getting one of these. gamematz.com - nice find!

TIM0THY April 19th, 2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness (Post 2140716)

Thanks!

I've had the same thing on my mind. Except I think I'll get an earth tone mat, not a water one. I think it will save a lot of time on setup and cleanup. Are you going to get a vinyl one or a pro felt one?

9BelowMadness April 25th, 2017 01:15 PM

I got a vinyl mat but really haven't done much with it yet. I'll try to post photos later.

9BelowMadness April 30th, 2017 06:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Okay. Here are some pics of the mat with some random terrain. Matches very well (I order the 1.75" hexes). The mat is 3x4 feet, which is larger than the folding table I have, but we don't play Scape on it anyway. The corners do bend from being rolled up in the cardboard tube it was shipped in. This is the only vinyl mat I've ever ordered for a game so I can't make a comparison to others. I can say that I like it and would get another.

TIM0THY May 2nd, 2017 02:00 PM

Cool. Makes for a nice archipelago effect.