Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Rules & FAQ's (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tul-Bak-Ra in a Hole. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=25505)

GromBloodboy June 13th, 2009 09:27 PM

Tul-Bak-Ra in a Hole.

Okay, don't know if this has been thought of yet. And yes, I went and read the card, so don't tell me to read it.

Okay, say there is a castle that surrounds a 7-hex piece, leaving only one thing in the middle. Now if you put a 4/3 castle piece on it, it covers the top. So if Tul-Bak-Ra teleports into that open hole that is covered on the top, since he doesn't need LOS, can he just sit there and mindblast the crud out of anything that comes near, and be permanetly invunerable?

Mooseman June 13th, 2009 09:30 PM

Re: Tul-Bak-Ra in a Hole.

No, because you go over to whoever is doing that and kick them in the junk. ;)

GromBloodboy June 13th, 2009 09:32 PM

Its legit, but cheesy as heck.

oracle92 June 13th, 2009 09:38 PM

^Indeed...though maps will just have to be designed keeping TBR in mind I guess.

guido June 13th, 2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracle92 (Post 848125)
^Indeed...though maps will just have to be designed keeping TBR in mind I guess.

That's a very clever pun... +rep

kpotassiumk19 June 13th, 2009 10:32 PM

The AE can probably be dropped in there to. But then they can't attack so it is pointless.

CheddarLimbo June 13th, 2009 10:35 PM

Seems pretty cheesy, but legit.

I guess you just have to hope you've got more than 130 points of guys that can get more than three spaces away from the middle of the tower.

Or just don't make buildings like that. I usually put a column in the middle anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 (Post 848150)
The AE can probably be dropped in there to. But then they can't attack so it is pointless.

Nope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Book of Airborne Elite
-Rulings and Clarifications-

- THE DROP : Landing Under Overhangs
Can you use The Drop to drop the Airborne Elite into an area below an overhang?
No. (Hasbro FAQ)

Elf_Archer June 14th, 2009 01:08 AM

How many BoV maps have hollow hills to preserve hexes? A lot...

This will be major imbalance...

kafkaesque June 14th, 2009 01:18 AM

But then you'd have to take the map apart to see if he can fit.

I think most people will not be jerks like that, but we may have to contact WotC about whether or not all open hexes are legal places to stand.

Bahde June 14th, 2009 01:33 AM

Am I missing something here? Do you mean to remove the tiles to put him there? I would assume that nobody allows you to move tiles on the board to fit figures anywhere.....so if its open access to place the figure he is not invulnerable to attack.

rdhight June 14th, 2009 03:43 AM

1. I'm not sure if you're technically allowed to move terrain to place a figure. Personally, I've been letting it happen in my house games. Sometimes, a figure can fit neatly under a bridge if you pull up the bridge tiles themselves, slide him under to fit in the concavity, and replace them. I allow that.

2. Pulling up tiles in a BOV map and finding a sealed TBR hidey-hole underneath would be awesome. I'm not sure that any of the hollows are really big enough to fit those blades on his back, but I hope such a thing is found to exist.

3. You can't move your opponent's figures to place your own, so if there's one standing on a tile you need to tear up and replace, I don't think it would work.

4. Any minute now, someone is probably going to get offended and reprimand us that we even thought of such a thing. Map designers never intended such spaces to enter into play, it's rules lawyering, it's an exploit, and wah, wah, wah, boo hoo hoo.

5. Even if TBN can't get into sealed spaces, he's still going to be able to evade forever against some melee figures on some maps. I'm sure tournament directors will never allow hiding your TBR in a cave. He's still going to be a great staller any way you slice it. Bring range!

Kobu June 14th, 2009 07:26 AM

No, it's not legit. The space you describe is not part of the map. Overhangs are allowed, but nothing completely inaccessible by regular movement.