Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Manipulating the Wal-Mart system (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10356)

Tai-Pan July 28th, 2007 09:47 PM

Manipulating the Wal-Mart system

I was wondering if it would be possible to buy all the wave five that's been sitting at my Wal-Mart for ages, take it out of town, and return all of it to a different Wal-Mart so that mine will order new expansions. Any ideas?

Chimpy July 28th, 2007 09:51 PM

:rofl:

STAROCEAN980 July 28th, 2007 09:58 PM

I'm not sure if you should spend all your money on all the remaning wave five, it might not work. I know because my Wal-Mart was selling wave 5 for like a dollar or even 38 cents a few months ago.( Ofcourse I had already bought one of each expantion last year.) But they have still somehow managed to have just wave 5. :( So I got 6 off the internet. :headbang: So just wait it out or give up like I did. :cry:

STAROCEAN980 July 28th, 2007 10:01 PM

Hey thats not nice Chimpy. His idea wasn't perfect but it was still an idea. :idea:

Chimpy July 28th, 2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
Hey thats not nice Chimpy. His idea wasn't perfect but it was still an idea. :idea:

I wasn't laughing at his idea. I think it is rather clever actually. I was laughing at the thought of someone coming to the local Walmart with 200 dollars worth of Wave 5 to exchange. Just a funny image.

Tai-Pan July 28th, 2007 10:05 PM

Call me old fashioned, but I don't like ordering online. It's just to convienent. I like hunting for my heroscape, or like I suggested at the top, manipulating the system. The ironic thing about the wave five on my shelves is that I travelled out of town to get the dang things and now there's no end to them. Family vacations are kind of interesting when you stop at every ToysRUs along the way.

Grungebob July 28th, 2007 10:08 PM

Re: Manipulating the Wal-Mart system

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai-Pan
I was wondering if it would be possible to buy all the wave five that's been sitting at my Wal-Mart for ages, take it out of town, and return all of it to a different Wal-Mart so that mine will order new expansions. Any ideas?

This has been done by one of our shifty members here. Basically, you are putting an unfair burden upon Walmart, and taking advantage of their system for your own benefit. The way Walmart loses and the part that makes those actions unethical, is that Walmart loses money by paying an employee an hourly wage to process your selfish redistribution of their product. Do I care? Ultimately, no! I am a big Walmart hater, but you would never find me doing something like that or anything similar. Why not just order the product online. The money you would spend in gas and tax perpetrating your scheme would cover shipping costs.

STAROCEAN980 July 28th, 2007 10:09 PM

I agree Tai-Pan I just use it as a last resort really when I can't find anything around here.

GoBigorGoHome July 28th, 2007 10:15 PM

I do not understand how Wal Mart would be losing money. Wal Mart already has employees to return goods so it isn't like he is causing them to do work that they usally do not do. He also is making another trip into their store which they would see as a positive since often times people end up purchasing items when they visit a store even if they did not intend to.

Tai-Pan July 28th, 2007 10:15 PM

I don't know Grungebob, if I can find little expansions at WalMart then they cost ten bucks, a base price that I've been unable to find online yet. Most of the stuff online is either TRU prices ($13) or higher. And gas doesn't really count because we generally go out of town once a month to hit a Sams Club. So it's really cheaper to buy them locally (I use this term loosely, I'm in Wyoming) than to order online.

mrbistro July 28th, 2007 10:54 PM

Re: Manipulating the Wal-Mart system

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grungebob
Basically, you are putting an unfair burden upon Walmart, and taking advantage of their system for your own benefit.

Not to mention you are unfairly impacting other 'Scapers at those WalMarts.

ares834 July 28th, 2007 10:58 PM

Thay probably would just buy more wave fives. :roll: Those wallmarts.