Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Sightings and Sales (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Collection for Sale (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=42295)

KnobleSavage October 16th, 2012 07:33 PM

Re: Collection for Sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1696612)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1696609)
Quote:

Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone (Post 1696575)
If you want any respect at all KnobleSavage, then you don't post real names of members, especially first and last, without their permission.

Shoulda known that somehow in this, I would be the bad guy....

sigh...

My name is Perry Clayton

You're not the bad guy. ;) But you did post someone's name on the internet in a public place without their permission. Posting your own name (which implies you have your own permission) is not the same thing. :)

Its fine to share your bad experience with Onacara, there's nothing prohibiting you from doing that in the appropriate place, but that doesn't give you license to post his name on the internet in a public place without his permission.

I have edited the offending messages....

Sorry... but I'm really kind of pissed right now.

capsocrates October 16th, 2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1696613)
Sorry... but I'm really kind of pissed right now.

That's understandable. Onacara made a mistake and you did not get everything you paid for. I am sure that he will fix it once he is aware of the situation.

Garenex October 16th, 2012 08:28 PM

I was kinda nervous from the beginning regarding buying stuff privately via this thread. Especially because right after I paid for my stuff here, I read the whole thread regarding another transaction which had gone seriously awry. Thankfully, mine has turned out well except for the misplaced rule book. I'm sure it shall all be sorted out with time and patience.

KnobleSavage: Your feelings are definitely understandable, especially in regards to the large sums of money and figures involved. Just gotta keep it under control.

OEAO October 17th, 2012 04:11 PM

I understand KnobleSavage, and its ok to post your feelings, and I'm glad you removed his name. It's just not right to post someone's name without their permission.

Jim October 17th, 2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman Davies (Post 1681734)
Here's a little factoid which should reassure you. See Onacara's rep bar? His rep used to be higher than that, but the admins let him reset it back to zero once, and he built his rep back to where it is now. You can rest easy, Onacara's a damn straight shooter - for a Republican. :twisted:

Just to clear up this... The admins didn't let him reset his rep to zero... They reset it without him asking for it. Big difference.

Also, Onacara is one of the two people producing The Cardboard Jungle, and he has made this publicly known. On that podcast, he repeatedly gives his first and last name, so I don't think it is necessarily out of line to have simply repeated the already publicly available, self-advertised information.

Garenex October 17th, 2012 10:33 PM

My issues with the rulebook have been resolved. Thanks Onacara for the quick response. For anyone else who needs to get a hold of him, use his email, instead of PMing, you'll get a much faster response.

Joseph Sweeney October 19th, 2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Onacara
Has been ban
Wha--?! :shock:

Didn't see that coming! :jawdrop:

capsocrates October 19th, 2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1698352)
Quote:

Onacara
Has been ban

Wow! Where did that come from! Is it temporary?

KnobleSavage October 19th, 2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1698378)

For the record, I was just as surprised. In fact, I see it as making it even more unlikely that I'll ever get my figures.

Jim October 19th, 2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1698424)
Quote:

For the record, I was just as surprised. In fact, I see it as making it even more unlikely that I'll ever get my figures.

Aside from the email address that he had posted, the Admins have his contact information. PM us if you need anything.

MegaSilver October 19th, 2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1698352)
Quote:

Onacara
Has been banned

:word:

He's also the second Site Supporter to ever be banned...

(Ironically, the first one became a Site Supporter just to neg rep people, and signed each neg rep as Onacara. :shock: )

Is this temporary? Was it actually due to this situation? Why was be banned for it in the first place?

KnobleSavage October 19th, 2012 12:17 PM

I should probably clarify what I meant when I said that this latest development would make it more unlikely that I'd get my minis. I have contact information for him... though it's doing me very little good. My thought was that, by being banned here, he has little to loose by not sending me my minis.

For my part, I'd like things to be resolved in a way that there could be mutual reconciliation all around. I have nothing against the guy personally, since I don't know him. I just want the miniatures I paid for.

The impression I get is that my particular issue with him was kind of the straw that broke the camels back... that, apparently, there were issues going on with Onacara before I had ever even heard of heroscape, or heroscapers.com. But that's just my impression. What do I know?

Also, I really hope this doesn't negatively color my future here with anyone else. I've received a great deal of positive support on this site. I've even had people send me private messages saying that, if I never get the figures I'm due from Onacara, that they would be willing to scavenge through their collections and send me their spares for free. I haven't asked anyone do do this or even accepted such offers, but I think it's really really cool, and is a very positive reflection on the general population of this site.

Mostly I'd like to just move on, put all this in the past, and get on to playing some heroscape. As I say, I have nothing against Onacara personally. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him reconciled with this site. I'm won't ever trade with him again, but I wouldn't refuse to shake his hand, or play a game with him.

But I would also like to have my figures or a refund or something.

ehobe October 19th, 2012 12:37 PM

still waiting for my order as well.

ehobe

The_X_Marker October 19th, 2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1698448)
The impression I get is that my particular issue with him was kind of the straw that broke the camels back... that, apparently, there were issues going on with Onacara before I had ever even heard of heroscape, or heroscapers.com. But that's just my impression. What do I know?

I really hope that is it. Perhaps a mod can PM me if they must, but this whole issue has been unsettling . Perhaps I am the vocal minority.

After a few weeks, first thing to do would be to handle it with moderators, in private, and then call out if it must be done. Polarizing the public with just one side never solved anything. This is how many issues have been solved on this site, for a few years.

Second, Onacara wasn't online for a couple of weeks prior to the ban. Anything could have happened in that time. He is overweight, and a smoker, however, it seems he is fine. We did not get a chance to hear his side of this issue.

Third, a few of his traders did state that their issues were fixed up. We took this story from a new guy that nobody knew, targeting an older poster who had a reputation. Regardless of Onacara's reputation as a bad trader, it made him an easier target from those who would troll and intentionally shake up the site like this. This leads well into my next point.

I would like to also address the community as a whole. Everyone who PMd Knoble, I am proud that you would all step up. Regardless of the situation, the best interest of every scaper, both new and old, is on your minds. That is one of the reasons I enjoy being here.

Could this have gone better? Yes. Even if he still got banned, it would at least have been done in a better fashion.

I have nothing against you, Knoble, what is done is done, and I doubt that you knew how best to handle the situation, as you are new.

All in all, by tomorrow I'll probably forget all about this, but it was making me uneasy today.

As for saying his real name, he has made a point that his username should be read backwards. ;)

Lord Pyre October 19th, 2012 02:18 PM

Onacara banned?! I need to go lie down. :shock:

OEAO October 19th, 2012 03:40 PM

Ok, Onacara's been banned? This is just messed up. However, it still says he is a penguin with a machine gun, and still has all of his markers, so what's up?

sixthflagbearer October 19th, 2012 03:43 PM

Matbe I should have posted this, but I got what I ordered from him probably a week ago.

OEAO October 19th, 2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer (Post 1698605)
Matbe I should have posted this, but I got what I ordered from him probably a week ago.

Same here. I don't understand how he was banned, yet still has his markers. Is it just temporarily? If it wasn't, it would be red and would say either costs too much! or *glass shatters*.

Joseph Sweeney October 19th, 2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone (Post 1698610)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer (Post 1698605)

Same here. I don't understand how he was banned, yet still has his markers. Is it just temporarily? If it wasn't, it would be red and would say either costs too much! or *glass shatters*.

No, it doesn't work that way. People can be ban for other reasons other than having bad rep.

OEAO October 19th, 2012 04:21 PM

So what I want to know is why he was banned.

Joseph Sweeney October 19th, 2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone (Post 1698637)
So what I want to know is why he was banned.

It's not my place to answer this question.

Dad_Scaper October 19th, 2012 09:34 PM

Banning has nothing to do with rep. Sometimes the things that get you bad Rep can also get you banned but not always.

Banning is done by Admins. I wasn't part of the discussion and I recommend not dwelling on it.

Jim October 19th, 2012 10:04 PM

Things usually happen for a reason here, and many reasons take place behind the scenes. I can say that what was done was not done without discussion or history.

I recommend concentrating on making sure people receive their end of the sales, possibly checking with Paypal for opening a dispute (better to open one then close it later than waiting too long and being unable to open one at all), and keeping this thread updated on people's progress.

KnobleSavage October 19th, 2012 10:17 PM

I have another package on the way from Onacara now! Hopefully this will resolve everything.

KnobleSavage October 22nd, 2012 02:13 PM

I hope the admins won't mind me double posting this. I felt it might be a good idea to post in both threads since some folks may have seen one thread and not the other, and I want to make sure Onacara gets the credit he is due.

The figures arrived today! Everything is really really close to being in order. All that was missing was the female figure for the Krav Maga agent, and the card for Sonlen

Close enough.

I'm ready close the door on this and move on.

Garenex October 22nd, 2012 02:39 PM

Good deal! Very glad you finally got your units, even if it wasn't perfect. I have not been home for a few days, so I don't know if the rule book I was shorted has arrived yet, but I am not terribly worried about it.

ehobe, has your package arrived yet?

Jim October 22nd, 2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garenex (Post 1700461)
ehobe, has your package arrived yet?

Yes, please keep up informed.

KnobleSavage October 22nd, 2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garenex (Post 1700461)
so I don't know if the rule book I was shorted has arrived yet, but I am not terribly worried about it.

I didn't receive any rule books, but didn't feel like it was a big deal. I can get pdf's of them here, which is fine for me. I didn't inventory the terrain, but there was a pretty good bit of it.

Garenex October 22nd, 2012 04:27 PM

I inquired on the rule book as I'm going for a 100% complete collection, which includes all the rule books. I am a pretty die hard completist, which is why games like Oblivion are terrible for me to play.

IAmBatman October 22nd, 2012 07:43 PM

Whichever one of you wants the rule book more, let me know. I've got some spares. :-)

KnobleSavage October 22nd, 2012 09:05 PM

I think Garenex wants it more. ;)

Garenex October 22nd, 2012 09:24 PM

Haha. Thanks for the offer, iambatman, but once the rule book from onacara arrives I'll have one of each of the books, which is what I'm going for. If for some reason it doesn't arrive or is unsatisfactorily I'll definitely take you up on your offer.

IAmBatman October 23rd, 2012 01:54 AM

Cool. Heads up, though, the SotM one got claimed. :-)

ehobe October 23rd, 2012 11:54 AM

Howdy gang, thanks for the inquiry. Onacara finally emailed me on the weekend and said he had reshipped from his own stock. Trusting I will see something in a week or so, it usually takes about 10 days from the States to my corner of the world. I will now proceed to hold my breath......

ehobe

beholderthedm October 23rd, 2012 02:44 PM

I got my stuff for those keeping track.

IAmBatman October 23rd, 2012 05:03 PM

Good to know! Thanks! It's a shame that this became such a mess in order for someone to own up to their promises.

ehobe October 25th, 2012 12:38 PM

Latest update, my package arrived but missing 2 squads and cards. I have contacted Onacara and waiting to see his
response.

ehobe

Xorlof October 25th, 2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehobe (Post 1702249)
Latest update, my package arrived but missing 2 squads and cards. I have contacted Onacara and waiting to see his
response.

Good to hear that progress is being made. Please update us as you know more.

ehobe October 25th, 2012 08:07 PM

final update, Onacara has settled with me, all is well, case closed. thanks all for your help folks.

ehobe

IAmBatman October 25th, 2012 10:27 PM

Thanks for the updates, ehobe! I'm sorry it was such an unnecessarily painful process.

ABOMINATION November 13th, 2012 10:37 PM

Soooo...please tell me Onacara will be reinstated. I always liked the guys, and it'd be a shame for him to be gone from HSers.

IAmBatman November 13th, 2012 10:47 PM

His ban is permanent.

Barry allen June 9th, 2016 10:06 PM

Is this still available?

Dad_Scaper June 9th, 2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2094339)
Is this still available?

No.

Barry allen June 10th, 2016 12:11 PM

Why did he get banned?

wriggz June 10th, 2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2094424)
Why did he get banned?

Normally that is a matter between the User and the Admins and best left in the past.

People don't get banned willy nilly around here, normally you have to ruffle a lot of feathers, and a ban should never come a surprise. Type the way you talk in civil conversation and there is never a reason to fear admins.

But the past should stay in the past.

Oh and check out the SALES and TRADE sub forum, lots of reasonable people making good deals there. I myself I have has a number of good deals in the past.

Barry allen June 10th, 2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wriggz (Post 2094427)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2094424)
Why did he get banned?

Normally that is a matter between the User and the Admins and best left in the past.

People don't get banned willy nilly around here, normally you have to ruffle a lot of feathers, and a ban should never come a surprise. Type the way you talk in civil conversation and there is never a reason to fear admins.

But the past should stay in the past.

Oh and check out the SALES and TRADE sub forum, lots of reasonable people making good deals there. I myself I have has a number of good deals in the past.

Oh that's fine. just my dumb curiosity again. I looked and couldn't find one so would you mind posting a link please?

Dad_Scaper June 10th, 2016 04:35 PM

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...play.php?f=110