Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Sightings and Sales (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Collection for Sale (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=42295)

KnobleSavage September 25th, 2012 05:58 PM

Re: Collection for Sale

Thanks guys! My inclination is to be trusting, and Onacara really seemed to check out. Thanks for letting me know that all is well... I suppose he must just be on vacation or something.

Garenex September 25th, 2012 06:12 PM

My order will have been sent out in the first wave of packages, and could potentially have arrived at my house by now. I, however have been away from home since last thursday, but I should return tomorrow. I post as to the status of my package and the contents as soon as I'm able.

Sherman Davies September 25th, 2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1681436)
Could someone please reassure me by giving this guy, Onacara, a good character reference? I don't want to make any accusations, but I have to admit I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy. His last moment on this site was literally minutes after accepting my PayPal. He's not answering my PMs (I'm hoping simply because he's hasn't been on the site.)

I had assumed based on his post count that he was in good-standing with the community.

Again, I'm not making any accusations... just beginning to feel a bit uneasy.

Knoble

Here's a little factoid which should reassure you. See Onacara's rep bar? His rep used to be higher than that, but the admins let him reset it back to zero once, and he built his rep back to where it is now. You can rest easy, Onacara's a damn straight shooter - for a Republican. :twisted:

XDVincent September 26th, 2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman Davies (Post 1681734)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1681436)
Could someone please reassure me by giving this guy, Onacara, a good character reference? I don't want to make any accusations, but I have to admit I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy. His last moment on this site was literally minutes after accepting my PayPal. He's not answering my PMs (I'm hoping simply because he's hasn't been on the site.)

I had assumed based on his post count that he was in good-standing with the community.

Again, I'm not making any accusations... just beginning to feel a bit uneasy.

Knoble

Here's a little factoid which should reassure you. See Onacara's rep bar? His rep used to be higher than that, but the admins let him reset it back to zero once, and he built his rep back to where it is now. You can rest easy, Onacara's a damn straight shooter - for a Republican. :twisted:

So he pretty much is Level 2 in max rep?

Garenex September 27th, 2012 10:51 PM

Onacara, do you happen to have tracking numbers for the packages?

KnobleSavage September 28th, 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garenex (Post 1683096)

Uh oh... It's not very encouraging that you feel the need to ask this.

capsocrates September 28th, 2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1683367)
Quote:

Many people, myself included, ship via USPS to save money on smaller shipments, and they don't have tracking numbers as an option for many of their shipping options.

Calm down a little, buddy. :razz:

KnobleSavage September 28th, 2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1683378)
...ship via USPS to save money on smaller shipments, and they don't have tracking numbers ...

It's not so much about tracking the package, as that the he's been expecting it for a couple of days, from a seller who seems to have disappeared.

Serenity now... Serenity now... Serenity now...

capsocrates September 28th, 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1683410)
Quote:

...ship via USPS to save money on smaller shipments, and they don't have tracking numbers ...

It's not so much about tracking the package, as that the he's been expecting it for a couple of days, from a seller who seems to have disappeared.

Serenity now... Serenity now... Serenity now...

A couple of days? There's all kinds of things that might have prevented Onacara from shipping to begin with--family emergencies spring to mind--but assuming that he has, it usually takes more than a couple of days for packages to move around. Just sayin'.

Garenex September 28th, 2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1683367)
Quote:

Many people, myself included, ship via USPS to save money on smaller shipments, and they don't have tracking numbers as an option for many of their shipping options.

I'm not worried about it yet, as I still have full trust in Onacara, as I know how seemingly erraticly packages can be sent around the country, and delayed. I've had packages in the past take a week or more longer than expected to arrive. Thus, I'm just being impatient, and curious where it is currently located.

And in hindsight, I do apologize, I should have just PM'd that request to avoid any outbreak of worry.

KnobleSavage September 28th, 2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1683416)
A couple of days?...

Well, first off, the "couple of days" are a couple of days past the expected arrival date... Onacara actually said he was shipping nine days ago and we haven't heard a peep from him since.

Secondly, There is no need to be defensive... No one has accused anyone of wrong doing. I'm just anxious to get my hands on my toys is all.

Thirdly, private messages didn't help. He's not answering those.

Finally, I fully understand that there could be a host of legitimate reasons why Onacara has not responded, and I genuinely hope that all is well with him.

Knoble

Xorlof September 28th, 2012 03:11 PM

KnobleSavage & Garenex--if you don't hear something from Onacara by Monday, shoot me a PM and I'll try sending him an email to make sure everything is alright with him.

OEAO September 28th, 2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xorlof (Post 1683603)
KnobleSavage & Garenex--if you don't hear something from Onacara by Monday, shoot me a PM and I'll try sending him an email to make sure everything is alright with him.

I will too as I also bought some stuff.

Xorlof September 28th, 2012 03:20 PM

Sounds good orcelfarmyone. The same offer applies to anyone who has ordered something from this collection.

Jim September 28th, 2012 03:48 PM

Well, Onacara does have his title for a reason... :twisted:

KnobleSavage September 28th, 2012 04:36 PM

Thanks guys.

Onacara September 28th, 2012 06:06 PM

Hey guys...i just found out this morning that he hasn't mailed the stuff out so I just went and picked everything up from him and will mail it out myself in the morning.
I will send tracking numbers to the email your paypal is linked to.

Anthony

Advent Cloud September 28th, 2012 07:13 PM

Very Interested in purchasing Fortress of the Valkyrie $12. Just let me know what I need to do thanks.

KnobleSavage September 28th, 2012 07:52 PM

Thanks for the update Anthony.

Garenex September 28th, 2012 08:35 PM

Aye, thanks for the update. No worries.

OEAO September 29th, 2012 08:58 PM

Thanks as well.

beholderthedm September 29th, 2012 09:51 PM

Dud just got his license - you'd think he'd be eager to drive to the post office. But yeah, thanks for the update.

Onacara October 1st, 2012 08:38 PM

Did everyone get the tracking numbers I sent through PayPal?

PS if anyone has any questions or problems please email me as I'm not on here all the time this way you will get a quicker response too to any questions.

thecardboardjungle@gmail.com

Thanks
Anthony

Garenex October 1st, 2012 09:04 PM

I received it. Thanks!

KnobleSavage October 2nd, 2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onacara (Post 1685622)
Did everyone get the tracking numbers I sent through PayPal?

PS if anyone has any questions or problems please email me as I'm not on here all the time this way you will get a quicker response too to any questions.

thecardboardjungle@gmail.com

Thanks
Anthony

Hi Anthony,
Yes. I got the tracking number. I'm looking forward to getting the sets and beginning my heroscape adventures.

Thanks,
Knoble

ehobe October 4th, 2012 01:26 PM

Can anyone get ahold of Anthony for me. He has not responded to
my emails or PMs yet and being from Canada, I don't have any other
way to find him. Still no tracking number or word from him on my order
placed way back. thanks everyone.

ehobe

KnobleSavage October 5th, 2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehobe (Post 1687656)
Can anyone get ahold of Anthony for me. He has not responded to
my emails or PMs yet and being from Canada, I don't have any other
way to find him. Still no tracking number or word from him on my order
placed way back. thanks everyone.

ehobe

Ehobe,
Did you try the gMail account? Also, xorlof mentioned that he could get into contact with him.

ehobe October 9th, 2012 12:23 PM

yup, no reply from either. getting a little worried, I will try it again. has anyone else received their product?
ehobe

Jim October 9th, 2012 12:32 PM

I just reminded Onacara to check in here...

Garenex October 9th, 2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehobe (Post 1691077)
yup, no reply from either. getting a little worried, I will try it again. has anyone else received their product?
ehobe

I have not received my package yet. I received a tracking number, which shows up on the USPS website, but it has never been updated, and doesn't provide any information on the whereabouts of the package (though it says they received it on Oct 1). I have emailed both USPS and Anthony concerning this situation.

sixthflagbearer October 9th, 2012 11:19 PM

Same here. Tracking number isnt helpful at all, so I PMed Onacara, no response yet.

Jim October 9th, 2012 11:29 PM

USPS does not have "tracking numbers," they have "Delivery Confirmation" numbers. They get updated once per day, if you're lucky. I have received packages with those numbers on it and the USPS website still showed it as being in another city nowhere near me.

I'm not saying that the information you have gotten from them is incorrect, but keep in mind that it may be slightly off. It certainly won't tell you exactly where your packages are at any given moment.

Garenex October 10th, 2012 12:08 AM

Its not that the information is wrong, its that its nonexistent. Its been up for more than a week, but no cities are listed.

Jim October 10th, 2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garenex (Post 1691611)
Its not that the information is wrong, its that its nonexistent. Its been up for more than a week, but no cities are listed.

It sounds like there are two possibilities. One is that the package is on the way and the post office hasn't caught up with it yet. (see the bolded part of my quote below.) The other possibility is that the postage and the tracking number have been printed, so the post office has a record of the number existing, but the package hasn't been physically brought to a post office yet, so it hasn't been scanned anywhere to record a city. (see the italicized part of my quote below.) Either way, I did say that I messaged Onacara about this thread. And I did mention that he has his title for a reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 1691596)
USPS does not have "tracking numbers," they have "Delivery Confirmation" numbers. They get updated once per day, if you're lucky. I have received packages with those numbers on it and the USPS website still showed it as being in another city nowhere near me.

I'm not saying that the information you have gotten from them is incorrect, but keep in mind that it may be slightly off. It certainly won't tell you exactly where your packages are at any given moment.

ibechief October 10th, 2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 1691618)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garenex (Post 1691611)

It sounds like there are two possibilities. One is that the package is on the way and the post office hasn't caught up with it yet. (see the bolded part of my quote below.) The other possibility is that the postage and the tracking number have been printed, so the post office has a record of the number existing, but the package hasn't been physically brought to a post office yet, so it hasn't been scanned anywhere to record a city. (see the italicized part of my quote below.) Either way, I did say that I messaged Onacara about this thread. And I did mention that he has his title for a reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 1691596)

If that admin tag was not enough of a sign to throw weight behind Jim's words let me echo in his statement. I've bought many dozens of items off ebay using USPS and what Jim is saying is very true. If I had to guess what was going on here, I would say the man has loads of things to box up and ship to many different places. He called ahead to the post office with his orders one at a time. However he may choose to wait until he has finished packing and organizing his parcels before he takes them to the post office. If this was the case you would have your conformation numbers but they would show nothing until the packages are brought to the post office. You will know they have been dropped off at the post office when you see "Accepted" under your numbers.

Lord Pyre October 10th, 2012 12:45 AM

I do a ton of trading figures, and I've gotta echo Jim's words here. DC numbers aren't for tracking, they're to confirm when a package gets to it's destination. While trading, we use that as proof that it was actually sent out, but that's it.

Garenex October 10th, 2012 01:37 AM

After going back and rereading my last couple posts, I realize they may have been more pointed and rude sounding than I intended them to be, I thus apologize for that. I'm definitely not overly worried concerning the lengthy delivery time, as I know delays can occur (though anyone can get nervous when the money's out of the bank, but the items are not in hand). I purchased Aquilla's Alliance on Ebay a couple years back, and it was nearly a week after I received an online delivery confirmation before I actually received it, due to it accidentally being delivered to the wrong address. Thus, my intention is not to attack or cry fraud or anything of that manner, and I definitely appreciate the confidence people continually show in Onacara.

KnobleSavage October 10th, 2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibechief (Post 1691624)
If I had to guess what was going on here, I would say the man has loads of things to box up and ship to many different places. He called ahead to the post office with his orders one at a time. However he may choose to wait until he has finished packing and organizing his parcels before he takes them to the post office. If this was the case you would have your conformation numbers but they would show nothing until the packages are brought to the post office. You will know they have been dropped off at the post office when you see "Accepted" under your numbers.

Wow... First we were told they were going to be shipped on the 19th of September... Then we were assured they were going to go out on the 1st of October... Now we're being told they still haven't gone out... At least, mine doesn't say "Accepted".

Edit: just received the following e-mail from Anthony...

Quote:

They located the packages..they said the tracking numbers should update status later today or by tomorrow. Sorry for all the confusion.
Sigh...

Garenex October 10th, 2012 05:31 PM

I got the same email from Anthony. Mine says it's currently located in Poughkeepsie, NY, with an expected delivery date by October 4th (hmm, 6 days ago). Hopefully it'll show up in the next day or two now. Thanks for checking on this so quickly after I inquired, Anthony! Did the post office happen to say what had happened? Why it took so long to start shipping?

Edit: The package is finally moving! It has now been checked in at Kearny, NJ, and has an expected delivery date of October 12!

OEAO October 15th, 2012 07:57 PM

Received! Thanks Onacara!

Garenex October 15th, 2012 09:21 PM

My package also has arrived! Everything is correct expect I have received a RttFF instead of TJ rule book. Did anyone else have the inverse mix up?

ehobe October 16th, 2012 12:10 PM

That's encouraging news that you guys have received your packages, here's hoping mine is on the way too. Onacara if you see this, please pm me and advise a tracking number if possible. thanks so much.

ehobe

KnobleSavage October 16th, 2012 06:20 PM

My package finally arrived. I was supposed to receive a complete set of SotM and RotV... (Please see the description at the beginning of this thread). When I opened the package I found inside a goodly amount of terrain. There were order markers, damage markers, and dice.

There was not one figure, or one figure card inside.

I will have more to say about Onacara in another thread.

OEAO October 16th, 2012 06:42 PM

If you want any respect at all KnobleSavage, then you don't post real names of members, especially first and last, without their permission.

capsocrates October 16th, 2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone (Post 1696575)
If you want any respect at all KnobleSavage, then you don't post real names of members, especially first and last, without their permission.

He speaks the truth, KnobleSavage.

OEAO October 16th, 2012 06:49 PM

It was probably just a mistake. Email him again and see what's up.

KnobleSavage October 16th, 2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Shoulda known that somehow in this, I would be the bad guy....

sigh...

My name is Perry Clayton

capsocrates October 16th, 2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1696609)
Quote:

Shoulda known that somehow in this, I would be the bad guy....

sigh...

My name is Perry Clayton

You're not the bad guy. ;) But you did post someone's name on the internet in a public place without their permission. Posting your own name (which implies you have your own permission) is not the same thing. :)

Its fine to share your bad experience with Onacara, there's nothing prohibiting you from doing that in the appropriate place, but that doesn't give you license to post his name on the internet in a public place without his permission.