Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Aang (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58860)

Arch-vile March 26th, 2021 11:41 PM

The Book of Aang

The Book of Aang

C3G DARK HORSE PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 29
NOT WITH THE IN CROWD

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Aang_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/..._Aang_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Indy set.
Its model number and name are #040-042 / Boon.

Tutorial for creating this figure.

Character Bio - "Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world." - Katara

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arch-vile March 26th, 2021 11:42 PM

Re: The Book of Aang (breathing)

NAME = AANG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AVATAR
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 250

Range 4. Attack 4.
Before attacking, choose one of the following effects:
• Air: After attacking, move the defending figure up to 2 spaces if it is small or medium, during which it does not take leaving engagement attacks.
• Water: The defending figure subtracts 1 from its Defense number for this attack only.
• Earth: Add 2 to Aang’s Defense number until the start of your next player turn.
• Fire: After inflicting one or more wounds, roll an unblockable attack die against the defending figure unless it has the Lava Resistant special power.
After attacking with this special attack, you may attack with this special attack one additional time, or once per game, three additional times. You must choose an effect not yet chosen this turn.

MOVING TARGET
When rolling defense dice for Aang, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. After rolling defense dice, you may move Aang up to 3 spaces. Aang will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with this special power.

FLYING

Arch-vile March 26th, 2021 11:42 PM

Comic Art:

Mini Pics:

Background Pics:

Mini Tutorial:
Spoiler Alert!

Some of the great mods by the community:

Arch-vile March 26th, 2021 11:48 PM

Alrighty, here's Aang, the first design from the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe. A couple things I want to be sure we address:

1) Is this a good way to portray bending?

2) Looking at potential future ATLA characters, how will we get Team Avatar to work together well? It may be handy to tie that around a class or personality. (One idea off the top of my head is simply making Aang's class "Avatar", and letting Katara/Sokka/Toph have synergy with the Avatar class.)

fret_gurglo March 27th, 2021 12:06 AM

Bending as a power is very difficult to portray, as their powers are literally limited only by their imagination. For example, air can be used for flight (or gliding for Aang), pushing enemies around, moving at a quicken speed and even sucking the oxygen from the lungs of people. I did try for the "spell" idea to allow for greater options for bending, but short of that, I think this is probably the only other way. No matter how its done, I am happy this is going forward.

It would be nice if he had an Avatar State power that ups his level for a limited time though.

FreshFoods March 27th, 2021 12:14 AM

Really dig this. Like fret said, there’s a billion ways to represent each element, but I think you landed on a solid representation of Aang.

I don’t really have any strong feelings on how to tie the rest of the Gaang into synergizing with him, but I’ll do some thinking and come back if anything hits.

Dysole March 27th, 2021 12:16 AM

Personally

I made a card a while back but I would probably do some revamps. Here is what I found when translating Avatar to C3G.

So I think one of the "easiest" ways to portray bending is to have a symbol for air/earth/fire/water and avatar (can use all 4) that has a static ability for each (I forget what I gave them but I can easily pull it up). This allows you to have other powers on the card. I also stole Magical Defense idea and made Elemental Defense in my draft of Aang since benders were pretty well able to defend themselves against non benders. Something along those lines is really going to be the best way to portray the versatility of bending. I used a once a game marker to represent the Avatar State and that increased his stats for the round.

Given the sheer versatility of the character though, there's going to be a lot of "right" ways to represent these abilities. This is just what I have. You can certainly feel free to take inspiration from anything I've already done.

~Dysole, contributing however she can

bishop2003 March 27th, 2021 08:40 AM

For synergy between the characters, the class of Bender could be used. Alot of the designs with tiles are fun, maybe they could be used here as well.

Tornado March 27th, 2021 09:14 AM

I like the idea of Elemental Defense and Elemental Spells! Reminds me of the Warlock from the old Palladium RPG.
I have been working on a Earth Bender for my RPG and I can attest to the difficulty of translating the powers to paper and I am using pages of text.

quozl March 27th, 2021 10:21 AM

If this is after he has achieved Avatar status, shouldn't his class also be Avatar?

I also wouldn't mind seeing Aerial Superiority (or whatever it's called) here.

Arch-vile March 27th, 2021 08:31 PM

My logic for not doing a special mechanic for bending has a few points:
  • Bending is ultimately not that different than any of the many characters who can control a specific element like Pyro or Hydro-Man. Additionally, specific benders have specific strengths and fighting styles, so while all firebenders can do certain firebending moves, we can portray the most iconic moves for each character.
  • New symbols and mechanics for a small subset of C3G would be a bit much, IMO.
  • I also typically like avoiding extra hardware when possible. There is certainly room for a more expansive system for bending, but I think a simplified version fits better into C3G right now. I see it like how Batman I and Batman II coexist.
  • I also have no current plans for future Avatar designs right now. So I’m viewing this design more in a bubble, but allowing for expansion later by whomever.

I currently have the Avatar State lasting once per game (baked within the special attack), but we could bump that to once per round if that portrays the theme better. It’d just be quite a lot more powerful.

quozl March 27th, 2021 08:40 PM

If you want to go by the series, you can have him go into Avatar State after he is first destroyed.

What point total are you thinking?