Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Marro Warriors (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8282)

The Dewk December 12th, 2016 01:54 PM

Re: The Book of Marro Warriors

These guys single-handedly killed 280 points worth in a 350 point game I played last night. Granted, they had Thorgrim's Spirit urging them on, but still. Probably the best 50 point unit/squad I have yet to battle with.

CJofCourse December 12th, 2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dewk (Post 2125283)
These guys single-handedly killed 280 points worth in a 350 point game I played last night. Granted, they had Thorgrim's Spirit urging them on, but still. Probably the best 50 point unit/squad I have yet to battle with.

Their power level really depends on what you have drafted and what the opponent has drafted, not to mention playstyles and tactics. In one of my more recent games a squad of Tarns absolutely destroyed the Marros in one turn by berserking next to them and taking them out with a few good rolls. Another RoTV counter is DW9000, that explosion though. Although the AE make the best Marro exterminators in my opinion. Also, with Thorgrim's Spirit, those things are actually untouchable, good choice by whoever had them.

caps December 12th, 2016 06:53 PM

The Marro Warrior are the second best ranged unique squad in the game, and they only fall short of the Krav by a hair. Beware the Marro Warriors in the endgame.

PaladinAtticus March 12th, 2019 01:29 PM

What I do is I leave one behind and have the other three go on suicide runs. When they die, just clone using the guy you left behind! Particularly good at siege situations.

superfrog March 12th, 2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 1557872)
I put this tidbit in my blog and figured I'd cross post it here.

Quote:

Rush and Retreat
This tactic begins by using 3 of your Marro Warriors as shocktroops. Do anything you can to get damage done; take height, glyphs, etc. Leave your 4th Marro Warrior near-ish to your main force and once the 3 shocktrooping Marro Warriors have gone down, hopefully your other units will have begun mobilizing. Anytime you have the free turn, have your lone Marro clone itself. By the time endgame hits, all of your Marro Warriors should have returned to life. This takes the Shocktrooper or Janitor gameplay to a new level. Now, you can have your cake and eat it.
A bit risky, and situational. But units like Dund or MFM could make it possible with the OM removal powers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaladinAtticus (Post 2262763)
What I do is I leave one behind and have the other three go on suicide runs. When they die, just clone using the guy you left behind! Particularly good at siege situations.

That is a great MW strategy, last espoused by Flameslayer a few posts up. Definitely a good way to play them.

Wiet May 17th, 2021 05:32 PM

The text for Water Clone starts with “Instead of attacking...” and ends with “You may only Water Clone after you move.” Isn’t that last sentence redundant since you do it instead of attacking, which always is after the (optional) movement?

Or does it mean you MUST move your figures if you want to try and Water Clone? Should they remain stationary you cannot even try?

I’ve read through all the comments in this thread, as well as the Unit Strategy Review, and could not find this addressed.

superfrog May 17th, 2021 06:15 PM

The wording is old and kinda bad. If this had been released in a later wave it would likely just say “After moving and instead of attacking…”

NecroBlade May 17th, 2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2464634)
The wording is old and kinda bad. If this had been released in a later wave it would likely just say “After moving and instead of attacking…”

That doesn't really answer the question, though. In reality it could just be "Instead of attacking," but they tried a little too hard with the wording sometimes. What "After moving and instead of attacking" and wording like that is trying to convey is the "phase" of the turn in which the power takes place. So no, you don't have to move, but the Cloning takes place "after moving [phase]" and "instead of attacking [phase]".