Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Robin (Damian Wayne) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47624)

IAmBatman February 8th, 2013 10:50 AM

The Book of Robin (Damian Wayne)

The Book of Robin (Damian Wayne)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 34
ROBIN'S RECKONING

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...mian_comic.png

Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...amian_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman set.
Its model number and name are #017 / Robin.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Batman Family Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #002 / Damian Wayne.
Character Bio - "Damian is the child of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul, and thus the grandson of Batman villain Ra’s al Ghul. Having spent his gestation in a laboratory, Damian as a pre-adolescent is left by his mother in the care of his father, who was not aware of his son's existence until that point in time. Damian is violent and self-important, and was trained by the League of Assassins, learning to kill at a young age, which creates a troubled relationship with his father who refuses to kill his opponents. However, the Dark Knight does care for his lost progeny. After the events of Batman R.I.P. and Batman: Battle for the Cowl, Damian takes up the identity of Robin at ten years of age, becoming the fifth person to use the Robin identity. He first worked with Dick Grayson - the original Robin - who temporarily took over as Batman, before going to work alongside his father, upon Bruce Wayne's return to the role of Batman." (Wikipedia, 2013).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Robin may take a turn after a Vigilante you control, with his Bat Brat special power. Current Vigilantes.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • As a Sidekick, Robin can stop Talia Al Ghul from attacking via her Divided Loyalty special power.
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
21 November 2020 - Bat-Grapple wording update

IAmBatman February 8th, 2013 10:51 AM

Re: The Book of Robin (Damian Wayne)

NAME = ROBIN
SECRET IDENTITY = DAMIAN WAYNE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY = SPOILED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 80

BAT BRAT
After revealing an Order Marker on a Vigilante card you control and taking a turn with that Vigilante, if Robin is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Vigilante, you may take an immediate turn with Robin. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. Whenever Robin destroys a figure with his normal attack while within 6 clear sight spaces of any Vigilante you control, your turn ends and you must immediately place Robin on an empty space in your Start Zone. When Robin is placed in your Start Zone, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

DEADLY SHOT
When attacking with Robin, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

BAT-GRAPPLE 3
Instead of his normal move, Robin may move up to 3 spaces with Bat-Grapple. When moving with Bat-Grapple, Robin has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 30 levels in a single grapple, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

IAmBatman February 8th, 2013 11:08 AM

Re: The Book of Robin (Damian Wayne) - Design Phase

Some good reading for those of you scratching your heads saying "another Robin???"

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6...ound_check.png

johnny139 February 8th, 2013 11:12 AM

Wait, he's a clone!?

I was kind of hoping for some Assassin synergy, but he sort of synergizes with Talia in a way, so, that's close enough. His attack seems a bit high, though, even if he is expertly trained, I'm not sure he's on Batman's level (nevermind stronger than him if adjacent).

And just so you know, that miniature is sort of big in scale compared to how Damian should be (he's adult sized). Brave and the Bold #42 is more expensive, but probably a better mini choice if you ask me.

IAmBatman February 8th, 2013 11:17 AM

I believe he's cloned from Bruce. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's correct. Might have to doublecheck my sources. :-)

I could go down to 4 attack, but I figure he's more willing to use deadly force than Bruce, as well as deadly weapons, so that's factored into the attack power.

The mini definitely looks older than ten, in hand, but younger than the Red Robin that came with the same set, or Hush, or a Joker Goon (the things I had laying around to quickly compare to) or Amon Sur. I have both minis, and I feel like the more recent one is of higher quality, personally. :shrug:

quozl February 8th, 2013 11:43 AM

I don't think Insubordination should stop him from taking turns, just from using Vigilante Sidekick.

Also, from Comicvine:

Quote:

Talia would become pregnant with him after a sexual encounter with Bruce, but would keep her pregnancy a secret from him for a decade. Instead of being birthed naturally, Damian was grown in a lab, with the intention that he would surpass his father.

IAmBatman February 8th, 2013 02:18 PM

Yeah, I think he may technically not be a clone, just a test tube baby of sorts (thus my confusion). It sounds like he should be updated to Human after the breathing period, though.

quozl, how would you word that version of Insubordination?

Also, are you guys liking the power set? Any thing I should consider swapping out? Maybe lose Bat-Grapple 3 for Utility Belt 1, for instance? :shrug:

Lord Pyre February 8th, 2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1760103)
Also, are you guys liking the power set? Any thing I should consider swapping out? Maybe lose Bat-Grapple 3 for Utility Belt 1, for instance? :shrug:

No. :p

I love what it's at right now. Damian goes a bit crazy, and Bats as to discipline him. Pretty awesome theme, there. It's fine to do the Vigilante Sidekick thing like Quozl suggests. Still thematic, he's just going against Bats' command and all. Like it a lot :up:

quozl February 8th, 2013 04:04 PM

Yeah, no changes except for Human and this:

INSUBORDINATION
If Robin destroys a figure while in clear sight of any Vigilante you control, Robin may not use Vigilante Sidekick for the remainder of the round.

johnny139 February 8th, 2013 04:06 PM

I'd like a less generic name than that, also. "Vigilante Insubordination" or something - I feel like it has some reuse potential.

A3n February 8th, 2013 04:12 PM

Looks good bats, after clone is changed. I see what Quozl is saying, but in the game itself it's not always going to have the desired effect. If you are playing a Batman army you will have more then 1 sidekick so if you couldn't choose Damian for the rest of the round with VS, meh you use one of the others. So I think for the game itself, it's more effective as is.

I think 5 attack is too much for him also.

Margloth February 8th, 2013 05:05 PM

Warning: these comments are pre-ERB stage and thus can be ignored as desired! ;)

I agree that having his attack that high is a little jarring at first; but I fear that attack of 4, no defensive or support powers (the first for a Vigilante Sidekick, I believe), no range, and a penalty for destroying figures (pretty much the only object of this game :razz: ), he may not find much use in Superscape, which I would hate to see of poor Damian.

Maybe instead of losing the ability to take turns, he should just get 'sent home' (startzone)? It would still generally break V Sidekick (putting him out of range), but at least he won't always be a sitting duck once he gets disciplined.