Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred February 8th, 2020 12:38 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Nomination window for @Barry allen has expired due to inactivity.

@JC McMinis you are next in line for Design Lead. You have until Friday, Feb 28 to choose which character(s) of fiction will enter the brainstorming phase.

@Dysole you are second in line.

JC McMinis February 17th, 2020 10:19 PM

I have been tossing up several ideas. But have finally settled on John Wick. I have some ideas but would live some input before I do my first draft.

Confred February 22nd, 2020 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2350296)
I have been tossing up several ideas. But have finally settled on John Wick. I have some ideas but would live some input before I do my first draft.

Love it
Not only is this a cool character, but his brainstorming phase should be interesting

RETIRED
Doesn't start the game on the battlefield until something (specific) happens

Double Attack, Triple Attack, Keep attacking until roll blank, etc

Relentless

Something about those Gold Coins and paying off Mercenaries/Assassins

He attacks the same figure multiple times, but he also handles groups and isn't a one-target exclusive
As effective as he is, It probably is something like a Rapid Fire Special Attack, capped around 3 because multiple 3s kill humans but not Gods, different scale of character

Maybe mention to Babba Yaga

He's effective at sneaking, perhaps a Phantom Walk

Vydar is my guess

Tornado February 22nd, 2020 08:21 AM

Baba Yaga? How does she tie into JW?
I assume it is not the Russia Witch of mythology?

Confred February 22nd, 2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2351213)
Baba Yaga? How does she tie into JW?
I assume it is not the Russia Witch of mythology?

"You've heard of the Boogie Man? John Wick is who you hire to kill the Boogie Man."

In all three movies squaddies and heroes alike call John Wick this to each other as they anticipate his inevitable wrath, telling stories about him as if he were a fable but knowing they're not only true but worse. Almost a Batman vibe where John Wick moves in the shadows with precision and seems to be invincible/in more than one place at once.

Edit: The movies take place in the Russia area

JC McMinis February 22nd, 2020 11:15 AM

I was thinking triple attack or the now skukks rolled thing also here is an idea for hus take on phantom wamk11

Baba Gaga (or Boogey Man)
When John Wick moves he may move through all figutes without beoming engaged. John Wick may attack anytime before, during or after his move. If John Wick attacks a figurr he is moving through he rolls two additional attack dice. John Wick may not end his move on a space occupied by another figure.

Confred February 23rd, 2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2351248)
I was thinking Triple Attack or the no-skulls-rolled thing. Also, here is an idea for his take on Phantom Walk

BABA YAGA
John Wick may move through all figures and may attack anytime before, during, or after moving. When attacking a figure he moved through this turn, John Wick rolls two additional attack dice. John Wick is never attacked for leaving an engagement and can't end his movement on a space occupied by another figure.

Good thoughts to chew on.

What are you thinking about the coins? Should they be represented, or would they be scenario specific and thus not represented on an Army Card?

JC McMinis February 23rd, 2020 03:34 PM

I was not planning on representing the coins. They are just a special form of currency. As far as general I was actually thinking Einar. Even though they are assassins the do seem to have their own code of honor and conduct that would appeal to that.

Confred February 23rd, 2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2351583)
I was not planning on representing the coins. They are just a special form of currency. As far as general I was actually thinking Einar. Even though they are assassins the do seem to have their own code of honor and conduct that would appeal to that.

Interesting

What would you say John Wick's playstyle should be?

More brainstorming,
Each time John Wick destroys a figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, take an additional turn with John Wick. ?

When rolling defense dice, John Wick adds one die to his roll for each figure adjacent to him to a maximum of 3 additional defense dice rolled. ?

If John Wick is engaged, add 1 to his Defense. ?

Regarding Disengage, John Wick fights his way out.

Confred March 1st, 2020 12:33 AM

After attacking, John Wick may attack one additional time for each adjacent figure controlled by an opponent. John Wick may choose the same or different figures for each of the attacks.

Stealth Dodge?

JC McMinis March 1st, 2020 09:12 PM

Intereating take. I was planning on posting first draft today but had a home repair emergency happen have to finish it tomorrow after work. New goal first draft by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Confred March 6th, 2020 10:23 PM

Let's keep this thread alive.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit.../1/nothing.png

For fun Tabletop Simulator link
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2017321356