Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Bases and stickers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33160)

Syd Shadows October 26th, 2010 08:24 PM

Bases and stickers

I am currently making a custom army and most of the figures are from horrorclix. I would like to remove them from the horroclix bases and put them on another one with the heroscape sticker on it. Anyone know where I can buy blank bases and get the stickers?

:drunk:

Chardar October 26th, 2010 08:25 PM

Re: Bases and stickers

Most of us just take the bases off of our extra uniques. If you don't have that option you can find some good ones with stickers pretty cheap on ebay.

Syd Shadows October 26th, 2010 08:29 PM

I have quite a few figures, just not multiples of them at this time. I'll look into ebay and see what I can find. Thanks Chardar!:mrgreen:

Kaemon Awa 123 October 26th, 2010 08:32 PM

:rofl: EBAY??? no, no, no... Auggies
Uniques from 29 cents... not to mention excellent prices on everything, even those not doomed to live w/o a base.

Syd Shadows October 26th, 2010 08:38 PM

I'll check Auggies out about their bases too, thanks! I'm making a custom Alien army with UFOS and exc... I will have the army posted in a custom thread as soon as they are complete for everyone to view.

mac122 October 26th, 2010 09:31 PM

Impact Miniatures has some excellent bases. They are 30mm - just slightly smaller than the original Scape bases and slightly larger than the new size. $2.00 for 15. Shipping is a flat $5.00 no matter how many you buy (well, I know at least up to 6 packs;)). If you order from Impact, make sure to create an account and sign in before you order to make sure you order from their US location.

Cavalier sells stickers that will work on these bases from his eBay store. $10 for 50 stickers. He has the original style and an asphalt (Marvel) style.

The nice thing about this combination is you don't have to worry about covering up the holes left from the previous figure.

Edit: I've recently ordered some bases from Yodajunkie on eBay. He casts bases in resin and has some that match classic and Marvel bases. He also has many other colors available. I have not received my order yet, so I can't say first hand how they are. I'll try to remember to post when I receive them.

GreyOwl October 26th, 2010 09:39 PM

You can print out stickers by going to the Customizing Tools link in my sig. Just use solid full-sheet inkjet label paper and then cut it out.

Syd Shadows October 27th, 2010 10:15 PM

Thats awesome GreyOwl. Thanks! My Alien army should be up by next week sometime for everyone to check out.

Boodog October 31st, 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1241039)
Impact Miniatures has some excellent bases. They are 30mm - just slightly smaller than the original Scape bases and slightly larger than the new size. $2.00 for 15. Shipping is a flat $5.00 no matter how many you buy (well, I know at least up to 6 packs;)). If you order from Impact, make sure to create an account and sign in before you order to make sure you order from their US location.

Cavalier sells stickers that will work on these bases from his eBay store. $10 for 50 stickers. He has the original style and an asphalt (Marvel) style.

The nice thing about this combination is you don't have to worry about covering up the holes left from the previous figure.

Edit: I've recently ordered some bases from Yodajunkie on eBay. He casts bases in resin and has some that match classic and Marvel bases. He also has many other colors available. I have not received my order yet, so I can't say first hand how they are. I'll try to remember to post when I receive them.

I've ordered from Yodajunkie, too. Friendly chap; good communication. Just note that he has to make every order, so allow time for that.

mac122 November 6th, 2010 04:19 PM

Just thought I'd post an update. I received my stickers from Cavalier's eBay store. I ordered the grassland style. Here are two pictures for comparison.

Empty official Heroscape base vs. Impact Miniatures base with Cavalier's sticker
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...f/DSCF5606.jpg
As you can see, the pattern and colors are similar but not an exact match. It would probably look a little closer if the base was brown instead of black. Unfortunately, Impact doesn't offer them in brown.

Blastatron on official base vs. Gunborg on Impact/Cavalier combo
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...f/DSCF5607.jpg
Obviously doesn't match the official, but looks much better than a plain black base.

Cavalier's stickers are an almost perfect fit for the Impact base. There is a gap somewhere in between 1/32" to 1/16" left around the edge. It's not that noticeable unless you look for it. Overall, I'm pleased with the stickers.

The other option is printing out GreyOwl's sticker sheets. Advantages include a better match to the official colors and style (almost perfect to my eye) and lower cost per sticker (Cavalier's average out to $0.20 each). The main disadvantage is you have to cut GO's out while Cavalier's are pre-cut.

Hope this helps.

BTW - I still have not received my double bases from Yodajunkie. He did contact me to let me know that some intense life issues have caused him to fall way behind in production. When they do finally arrive, I'll post here again.

Syd Shadows November 8th, 2010 11:14 AM

Thanks for the post. Those ones do not look bad at all. Think I may go with that for my custom alien army!

Zarovichx November 8th, 2010 11:38 AM

@mac122

Have you tried spray painting the Impact bases brown? I was wondering how close they would look incomparison to the official ones then.

Something else I think people should try doing instead of glueing the custom pieces to the sticker is to take a hole puncher and punch a hole out of the sticker. This will provided a plastic to plastic contact. Some of my first attempts came off the base because the sticker pulled off.

I have ordered from Yodajunkie before. His bases match pretty close to the official ones. The one problem I had with them is he puts a permanent sticker on them that prevents the plastic to plastic contact I was talking about.