Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tree Town Open XIV - New Venue (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54842)

Codeman April 29th, 2018 08:56 AM

Tree Town Open XIV - New Venue

--- TREE TOWN OPEN XIV ( 2018 ) ---
"the original national heroscape day event"
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...psb8d725f7.jpg

Place: Godfathers Pizza – Albert Lea, Minnesota
509 E Main Street

Date: October 20, 2018 (NHSD)

Sign in: 10:30 – 11:00 AM

Start 1st round: 11:10 AM

Entry fee: 0 (free)

Format: Swiss Style

Points: 480-point army ( No Custom)1-hour time limit per round.

Maps – 24 hex starting positions on each map. Each map is different map

Glyphs: TBD

TTO Rule: - Any figure adjacent to a tree may roll an additional defense die when being attacked by a non-adjacent figure. ( what did you expect after all your playing in " The TreeTownOpen ")

Tournament Director: JormiBoced

What You should Bring: Figures (480 pt max), Dice (Attack/Defense/D-20), Turn Markers, Wound Markers. Good Sportsmanship

Food: Godfathers menu or buffet .

Registration: day of the event when you come... however I would like to know approx how many are coming. If you think you may be attending please post on this thread.

Directions:
I-35 coming from the south take exit 11 and turn west towards Albert Lea this puts you on Main Street just keep following Main for just over 2 miles and Godfathers will be on your right (north)

From I-90 take I-35 exit and keep to right after the cloverleaf and that inside lane will take you into Albert Lea and that exit lane will merge with main street. When you merge with main street you will be about 1 1/2 miles from Godfathers look for it on your right (north) side of main

TTO XIV will be held at Godfathers Pizza so obviously no out side food or drink should be brought in.... please thank them for the use of their game room by buying your food and drink here.

List of Warriors who plan on attending TTO XIv:

1. Codeman (IA)
2. April (IA)
3. Eternal Thanos86
4. Targanth (MN)
5. Matthias Maccabeus (IA)
6. Matthias Maccabeus +1 (NE ?)
7. Griffin (MN)
8. Jormi_Boced (MN)
9. Stacker 9 (MN)
10.Stacker 9 +1
11.Stacker 9 +2
12.Obsidian1(IA)
13. Obsidian2 (IA)
14. Obsidian3 (IA)
15. Weber1(MN)
16. Weber2 (MN)
17. Weber3 (MN)
18. Scytale (MN)
19. Seifearm

BELOW IS THE ORGINAL POST (Before we had Godfaters in Albert lea lined up)
I would like to get some input from those who want to attended this years Tree Town Open (number 14)

One idea is at the local Pub (serve craft beers). Located about 1/2 block north from where we were the last few years.

The one down side is your younger Heroscapers could not attend, which almost eliminates this idea but I still wanted to throw this idea out to see what everyone thought - Pro and Con.

Obsidian May 7th, 2018 09:11 AM

Re: Tree Town Open XIV - New Venue

I don't have any kids old enough to play yet, so the pub idea does not impact me. In fact, that sounds pretty great!

But I'd hate to exclude any younger folks who would want to play.

Codeman May 28th, 2018 10:06 AM

I have not ruled out "Paddlers" pub, but I am continuing to look for a new venue. It is even possible we could move Tree Town to another city (not saying that is what will happen... just saying all options are open right now)

Dicehateme May 30th, 2018 11:42 PM

I did not attend this year's TTO, but have attended a in the past. I'm a bit torn. The pub sounds great as I love craft beers, but I have recently been getting my kids into Scape, so if they want to come along it wouldn't work for us.

That being said, I'm fine with wherever you decide to have it and hope I can make it.

belrix June 26th, 2018 05:05 PM

Does the pub allow children who are with parents? If so, the Weber 3 would attend. If not, maybe we do an after tourney get together at the pub and lock the children in a broom closet. :)

Codeman August 12th, 2018 07:27 PM

The pub idea is out .... a BIGGER CHANGE is happening!

The Tree Town Open will not be in tree town ..... TTO is moving to Albert Lea MN this year. the cross roads of I-35 & I-90

Matthias Maccabeus August 12th, 2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codeman (Post 2210329)
The pub idea is out .... a BIGGER CHANGE is happening!

The Tree Town Open will not be in tree town ..... TTO is moving to Albert Lea MN this year. the cross roads of I-35 & I-90

Looks to be about the same distance from me. I plan to be there with a plus one.

Codeman August 15th, 2018 10:31 PM

Great..... that sounds good. Yes for anyone that comes up I-35 from the south it will be close to the same distance, and time wise may even be a little quicker staying on the Interstate. Those coming from the north will be about 30 minutes closer.

HOPE to pin down the details soon!

Strack9 August 16th, 2018 03:35 AM

Still planning on coming also with a possible +2.

EternalThanos86 August 19th, 2018 09:46 PM

I'm in. I live only an hour away. This will be the shortest TTO drive ever for me! I might be able to rustle up a gang to join me as well.

Targanth August 21st, 2018 09:04 AM

I am planning / hoping to attend. Lately life has thrown me some curves. Albert Lea is closer which is certainly not a problem.

Codeman August 22nd, 2018 05:36 PM

Sorry I do not have any news yet. The venue I thought we were going to be at ( Northbridge Mall ) fell thru. I do know we will be in Albert Lea somewhere! ..... please stay tuned in..... I hope to have details soon.