Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Board Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What Board Game Are You Currently Playing? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23535)

LilNewbie February 13th, 2009 12:46 AM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Had a fantastic 3-player game of Heroscape tonight!

Deathwalkers/Wolves (Luke) vs. Orcs/Krug (Dave) Vs. Marcus/Romans/4th Foot (Me)

Came down to Marcus vs. a Swog Rider and Isamu. The Swog Rider attacked Marcus with a perfectly timed swipe and won the game!

Newb.

soberman February 13th, 2009 02:10 AM

I've been playing a good bit of Ticket to Ride: Nordic Contries during the recent snowy days. I finally got Blue Moon City for Christmas, and that has seen it's share of table time. (I also got Potobello Market, Fire & Axe and Power Grid, but those games got lost in the shuffle for now- played, but not much.) Right after Christmas, I got the Seafarers and Cities and Knights expansions on clearance, so Catan has hit the table. Finally, I simply had to get the anniversary edition of Alhambra before it sold out, and I'm sure glad did! Great game that I can't wait to get expansions for.

Next month is my birthday, and I happen to know that I'm goning to be getting the long out of print Carcassonne Big Box that I happened to see at a local comic book store and songly indicated to loved ones that they should buy. :-)

SlikkRikk February 13th, 2009 03:37 AM

Just played a round of Pandemic. I am hooked! Very, very fun.

EternalThanos86 February 13th, 2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlikkRikk (Post 759019)

We have played it about 8 times since we got it, and so far we have only beat the game once! Have you had this experience?

~ET86

SlikkRikk February 13th, 2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 (Post 759085)
Quote:

We have played it about 8 times since we got it, and so far we have only beat the game once! Have you had this experience?

~ET86

ET - we played 2-player with the default four epidemics and won by the skin of our teeth. Although, if we hadn't have played with the Scientist and the Researcher I don't think we would have had a shot!

wdgrant February 15th, 2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlikkRikk (Post 759124)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 (Post 759085)
Quote:

~ET86

ET - we played 2-player with the default four epidemics and won by the skin of our teeth. Although, if we hadn't have played with the Scientist and the Researcher I don't think we would have had a shot!

I am 1-1 against the easiest setting, with two characters. I love the challenge this game presents, and the shorter coop to play with my wife.

Last night we finally got enough people to try Cash n Guns. It is a fantastic short little beer and pretzels type game. We played six times and everyone had a blast playing. I'd like to get a game with the full six people.

We also got a game of Last Night on Earth in. We roped in two new converts that really enjoyed it with us.

Jexik February 15th, 2009 03:05 PM

Clue. My friends and I played it at least four times last night.

Melwing17 February 15th, 2009 06:01 PM

I've been playing Carcassonne for a long time on the 360, but we finally got the "real" box version yesterday.. amazing how much more fun it is on the table.

GeneralRolando February 15th, 2009 10:53 PM

Chess! Go!

:lol: Lol sorry had to. But those of you who don't know how to play either of these, you have not yet played a true board game. I have played chess nearly all my life and I still am. Go ahead and find a chess set or a Goban, you must know how to play these to be a true gamer.8)

Cheesy Poofs February 15th, 2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melwing17 (Post 760203)
I've been playing Carcassonne for a long time on the 360, but we finally got the "real" box version yesterday.. amazing how much more fun it is on the table.

That's so cool! I have been playing it on Xbox for a long time and just now started to play the board game this Christmas and have been getting expansions at my local War Dogs.

killercactus February 16th, 2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jexik (Post 760144)
Clue. My friends and I played it at least four times last night.

I wish I could find a few people willing to play Clue 4 times in a row....

SlikkRikk February 16th, 2009 12:27 PM

Yesterday I played Incan Gold and Apples to Apples with my family.