Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Board Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What Board Game Are You Currently Playing? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23535)

Hex_Enduction_Hour March 2nd, 2009 08:08 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Last night, my family and I played the torturous, but nicely drawn, Key to the Kingdom.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Minivann (Post 769800)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour (Post 769114)
On the bright side - the tickets were free, My daughter loved it, and I garnered some sympathy rep from Minivan!

It's the least I could do for your having to sit through that abomination. High School Musical is bad enough. Anything "on Ice" (and not in the mob way) is bad enough as well. Putting them together is the kind of pure evil that only Disney could come up. What happened to Disney? :cry:

Anything on ice and with an intermission. You take the family out of the arena for a change of pace and scenery and are bombarded by $15 Sno-Cones, overpriced gimcracks, and junky t-shirts.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 769843)
Just picked up a copy of Tenjo for $20! Can't wait to try it! I've had my eye on it for quite a while from my FLGS.

Cool looking game, insane play time!
:o

Lord Pyre March 2nd, 2009 08:36 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour (Post 769956)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 769843)
Just picked up a copy of Tenjo for $20! Can't wait to try it! I've had my eye on it for quite a while from my FLGS.

Cool looking game, insane play time!
:o

Hmm... Didn't notice that.

But really, the rules say you can basically end the game at any time, if everyone agrees. The game's all about forming alliances and deception. Everyone else could just submit to your superior army and be done.

...Of course, if there's one stubborn guy, you'll have to use force to make him submit. But then you might have two more allies on your side. :twisted:

KRUG! March 2nd, 2009 08:38 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Currently been playing Munchkin Quest and it is a blast! Got a "great deal"(said in that funky gazillionaire voice ;)) on it and the first expansion at coolstuffinc.com. If you are a fan of any of the Munchkin card games, you will totally dig the boardgame.

Jim March 2nd, 2009 09:05 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour (Post 769956)
Anything on ice and with an intermission. You take the family out of the arena for a change of pace and scenery and are bombarded by $15 Sno-Cones, overpriced gimcracks, and junky t-shirts.

:confused:

Had a fairly large Game Day at my house yesterday. Mr. & Mrs. theGuru showed up, and about 10 or 11 others. Played throughout the day were: Settlers of Catan - 6 players, Talisman 4E, Jamaica, HeroScape, and Elk Fest. Much fun was had by all!

Jim

Mr Migraine March 2nd, 2009 09:11 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Played Carcassonne with four of my other friends that can't focus.

That didn't turn out to well....:bang:

NecroBlade March 2nd, 2009 09:22 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KRUG! (Post 769978)
Currently been playing Munchkin Quest and it is a blast! Got a "great deal"(said in that funky gazillionaire voice ;)) on it and the first expansion at coolstuffinc.com. If you are a fan of any of the Munchkin card games, you will totally dig the boardgame.

I think I'm going to pass on that one. The card game is great, but I'm trying to collect all of them and I don't really want to add to that price tag if I can help it. :o

DeceitfulBeauty and I just got Arkham Horror. I love it. Can't wait for more of that as well. There's so much to do, though, it just doesn't feel like there's enough time to do even half of it before those ancient jerks awaken! I did win one game on turn 2, though, playing by myself. Started with the "Find Gate" spell and went through the initial gate on turn 1. During the Mythos phase a gate tried to appear at the same location. Turn 2 I cast my spell and closed the gate. Win! 8)

SlikkRikk March 2nd, 2009 10:35 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
I would LOVE to try Arkham Horror, but I already have one game that takes up a ton of time and requires a lot of people (Descent). But, I would love to try it.

Hex_Enduction_Hour March 2nd, 2009 10:41 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 770005)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour (Post 769956)
Anything on ice and with an intermission. You take the family out of the arena for a change of pace and scenery and are bombarded by $15 Sno-Cones, overpriced gimcracks, and junky t-shirts.

:confused:
Jim

You know - a gewgaw!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 770005)

Had a fairly large Game Day at my house yesterday. Mr. & Mrs. theGuru showed up, and about 10 or 11 others. Played throughout the day were: Settlers of Catan - 6 players, Talisman 4E, Jamaica, HeroScape, and Elk Fest. Much fun was had by all!

Jim

Dang, sounds like fun!





Mr. Migraine, that signature of yours!

Elstree March 3rd, 2009 12:26 AM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour (Post 768277)
My son and I played our first game of Robo Rally tonight.
I can't imagine a more chaotic way to have a great time with a board game!
Whatta winnner!

In my experience Roborally is best with:
1) Lots of players.
2) Only one or two board sections.
3) No more than four flags.

With fewer players you don't get enough chaos, and with more flags/boards the game just drags on too long.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 770005)
Had a fairly large Game Day at my house yesterday. Mr. & Mrs. theGuru showed up, and about 10 or 11 others. Played throughout the day were: Settlers of Catan - 6 players, Talisman 4E, Jamaica, HeroScape, and Elk Fest. Much fun was had by all!

Oh, man! Too bad Bunjee and I don't live in your area! We would have loved to join you.


We've been playing board games on Saturdays at Amazing Tales in Raleigh. This week I played Settlers, Battlestar Galactica, and Wreckage. Others there played Dominion, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Puerto Rico.

BSG got played three times. At one point we had 12 people playing two games at separate tables. This one is currently the clear house favorite. If you haven't heard about it, it uses a hidden card mechanic to secretly determine who's a cylon and who's a human. Half the fun of the game is making rampant accusations about who's a cylon and trying to convince others that you're not a cylon. For a couple hours the whole room rang with cries like "Thanks for the help, cylon," and "For the last time! I'm not a cylon!"

Hex_Enduction_Hour March 3rd, 2009 09:12 AM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elstree (Post 770136)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour (Post 768277)
My son and I played our first game of Robo Rally tonight.
I can't imagine a more chaotic way to have a great time with a board game!
Whatta winnner!

In my experience Roborally is best with:
1) Lots of players.
2) Only one or two board sections.
3) No more than four flags.

With fewer players you don't get enough chaos, and with more flags/boards the game just drags on too long.

We've been playing with 3 and I agree the chaos could be upped!
Until we get more players, I won't even consider two boards or more flags.

KRUG! March 3rd, 2009 05:34 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 770016)
I think I'm going to pass on that one. The card game is great, but I'm trying to collect all of them and I don't really want to add to that price tag if I can help it. :o

The card games are pretty sweet, and tons of fun to play with a big group. The board game is a little pricey but if you are trying to collect the card games, that is not inexpensive either! We have 'em all with expansions except for the Cthulu set and they get played quite a bit. If you change your mind on the board game, get it from coolstuffinc.com. I bought it with the first expansion and with their discounts pretty much got the expansion for free.

HSisforcoolkids March 4th, 2009 09:15 AM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?
 
This past weekend I went skiing with my youth group and played some games for the first time in forever. Got in several games of Lost Cities with another leader and then played two games of Carcassonne with some of the kids. After the initial chiding from the kids about me being a nerd, several of the kids really liked Carcassonne. :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.