Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Rules & FAQ's (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Q9's special attack (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5867)

King's Knight January 20th, 2007 11:42 PM

Q9's special attack

I was doing some searching and couldn't find the answer to this question...

this is from Q9's card...

Quote:

Queglix Gun Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 1, 2 or 3.* Major Q9 starts each turn with 9 attack dice. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling 1, 2 or 3 attack dice.* Major Q9 may keep making special attacks with 1, 2 or 3 attack dice*until he has rolled all 9 attack dice. Major Q9 may target the same or different figures with each attack.
What I'd like to know is... can Q9 use his special attack after moving? The way it's worded it sounds like he has to use it at the start of his turn (i.e. without moving, kinda like the 4th Line...)

Dennys January 20th, 2007 11:52 PM

Move, then attack.

Ketch January 20th, 2007 11:56 PM

It's a special attack, which still falls under an attack, not a special ability.
It may be poor wording, but it does not say that you cannot move.

You may use the attack after moving.

Aranas January 21st, 2007 08:47 AM

Move first (if you want) and then attack.

Aranas

bluemidgetguy January 25th, 2007 02:46 AM

Another Question - So do I have the option to just attack one person with all 9 attack dice? as I can roll all 9 at once? if so, wouldnt that label his regular attack crap?

Agent Minivann January 25th, 2007 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemidgetguy
Another Question - So do I have the option to just attack one person with all 9 attack dice? as I can roll all 9 at once? if so, wouldnt that label his regular attack crap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q9's card
Queglix Gun Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 1, 2 or 3. Major Q9 starts each turn with 9 attack dice. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling 1, 2 or 3 attack dice. Major Q9 may keep making special attacks with 1, 2 or 3 attack dice until he has rolled all 9 attack dice. Major Q9 may target the same or different figures with each attack.

You can attack the same target at least 3 times with 3 dice each. His regular attack is still the bomb diggitey in the right situation because it is not a special attack (ie it can be enhanced by height and glyphs), and it has longer range. The special attack comes in handy at other times, like when attacking multiple opponents, adjacent samurai, and KMA from range (rolling 1 die vs a KMA is tedious, but it does the trick).

Ketch January 25th, 2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemidgetguy

Just to be explicit... you cannot roll all 9 at once.
You can never roll more than 3 at once with his special. But you can do it over and over until you've used 9 dice.

Revdyer January 25th, 2007 01:36 PM

Agent Minivann: I love the phrase "the bomb diggitey." Thank you!

yynderjohn June 8th, 2007 12:51 PM

You can attack the same target at least 3 times with 3 dice each. His regular attack is still the bomb diggitey in the right situation because it is not a special attack (ie it can be enhanced by height and glyphs), and it has longer range. The special attack comes in handy at other times, like when attacking multiple opponents, adjacent samurai, and KMA from range (rolling 1 die vs a KMA is tedious, but it does the trick).[/quote]

Ok so do all special attacks not get height and glyph modifiers?

Aldin June 8th, 2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

~Aldin, quickly

Will T June 8th, 2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yynderjohn

The special attack itself is never modified by glyphs, height, auras or other special abilities (unless it is explicitly listed in the special ability's text). The defender against a special attack may use glyphs, height, auras and other special abilities to enhance their defense.

~me, not so quickly, but precisely

Billtog June 9th, 2007 02:51 AM

Carrots!

~Billtog, extraneously