Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

IshMEL June 27th, 2015 12:57 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Hey HOF -- I have some drafts of figures to use with / against your Buffy here. If you have any suggestions, let me know! Thanks.

TREX June 27th, 2015 02:28 PM

I was iffy on the claws of hades for this reason. I didn't want us to have to come up with a bunch of units he would summon from hades. I'm not personally sold on this, though it could have a place here. I personally would not want kratos to bond with anyone. He is pretty beast all by himself. Also, the apparitions that he summons are more like a kind of attack rather than a unit that gets drafted. Perhaps we could have some kind of Soul Weapon type attack that goes with the claws.

For every figure Kratos destroys, place the figure on his card. When he uses the claws of Hades, he can use the destroyed figures "souls" as a bonus to his attack, and then discarding them after they are used. This would help him implement his attacks and body count he would get against squad figures. This way we are not using a generic squad to be used as his hades thing.

Perhaps, he could have a base attack of 3+special. Adding the souls of the previously destroyed figures to a single attack before discarding the figures from his card. Also, we could add in a soul weapons feel from the deathknights of valkrill, reducing the enemies defense by 1. This attack would come in to play most after defeating a couple of squad figures most likely. @IshMEL , I'm not sure when Buffy was made, I was not a member of this team when she was created. From what I understand, each member in turn picks a character that they would like to design. Most of them look like pretty standalone heroes. I'm not sure if we would make another buffy character or not.

Dysole June 27th, 2015 03:35 PM

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Oh that's easy to do TREX.

Quote:

PERMANENT GLYPH

When this figure destroys a figure, you may place the destroyed figure on this figure's card. Before attacking, you may remove a figure from this figure's card to add 1 to this figure's attack dice, up to a maximum of +3 dice. When this figure loses this glyph, remove all figures from this figure's card.
~Dysole, noting that this wording allows you to use the Viking Spirits as well

TREX June 27th, 2015 06:23 PM

@Dysole , do we want this permanent glyph to have its own special attack that it goes with? That way we do not stack it on top of his blades of exile. Maybe a 3+special. special =your wording above. Maybe also a subtracted defense for a soul weapons type ability. We can add the same reach specs as the blades of exile on the card too if we need to. Claws of hades act similar in combat style as the blades. This version would be Claws of Hades Concept #3. I like the simplicity of the souls helping him attack without having to bring extra figure cards into the mix. Kratos has tons of different souls he uses, and having the one phalanx, does not quite cover it.

Dysole June 27th, 2015 06:44 PM

Honestly

I don't see any need to not have it stack with the Blades. Do the Claws not typically combo with the Blades? Defense reduction is easy but I wouldn't want to do both defense reduction AND attack bonus.

Quote:

PERMANENT GLYPH

When this figure destroys a figure, you may place the destroyed figure on this figure's card. After targeting a figure for an attack, you may remove a figure from this figure's card to subtract 1 from the targeted figure's defense dice. When this figure loses this glyph, remove all figures from this figure's card.
~Dysole, who had to combo Death Knights and Nakita Agents for that one

Confred June 27th, 2015 08:55 PM

Just glossing through as I'm at work but @TREX 10.4 good buddy, I was thinking the same thing about it being an attack.
V1) Destroy figure, gain control of it, take turn with it, remove it from battlefield
V3) Each time this figure destroys a figure with Claws Of Hades Special Attack, this figure may attack again with Claws Of Hades Special Attack adding 1 attack die for each figure this figure previously destroyed this turn. (By any attack. So can kill with Cestus until bonus is bigger) (Could also go past the 4x attack from Vengeance)

Confred June 28th, 2015 08:57 AM

Brainstorming:
Nemesis Whip
SHOCKING WHIP 12 (James Murphy)
Before every attack, this figure may use Nemesis Whip. Choose a figure adjacent to this figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, inflict 1 damage to the chosen figure and the chosen figure cannot roll any defense dice for this figure’s next attack this turn.

Claws Of Hades
SOUL DASH SPECIAL ATTACK (Moltenclaw)
Range Special + 4. Attack 4.
After this figure destroys one or more figures and before removing the figures from the battlefield, this figure may immediately attack with Soul Dash Special Attack. Choose a destroyed figure. You may also choose 4 spaces in a straight line from the targeted figure. All figures on those spaces are affected by Soul Dash Special Attack. Line of sight is not needed for the affected figures. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. This figure is not affected by its own Soul Dash Special Attack.

Dysole June 28th, 2015 01:24 PM

Changes

I'd change every to any if we want that to trigger before each attack although I'm trying to think if that would cause any ruling concerns.

A destroyed figure is removed from the battlefield so you can't target it. You could do something like Mimring and target the space the figure was.

~Dysole, quickly chiming in

JC McMinis June 28th, 2015 07:54 PM

Hey guys sorry I have not been around, I have not been feeling well, so I have barely been able to force myself to go to work but I am feeling a little better now. I have tomorrow off and will try to read what I have missed.

Confred June 28th, 2015 08:58 PM

@Dysole , that's why the line is there that says before removing the figure this special power happens, so that the destroyed figure can indeed be chosen.
In the source material, the souls aren't pets; they don't stick around; they show up and do a quick effect and then disappear. The most common effect is a charge to target, attack, and vanish.~

~After destroying a figure, use Claws. Choose a figure within 4 spaces of the destroyed figure. Line of sight isn't needed. Roll dice.

Dysole June 28th, 2015 09:07 PM

Well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2030481)
@Dysole , that's why the line is there that says before removing the figure this special power happens, so that the destroyed figure can indeed be chosen.
In the source material, the souls aren't pets; they don't stick around; they show up and do a quick effect and then disappear. The most common effect is a charge to target, attack, and vanish.~

~After destroying a figure, use Claws. Choose a figure within 4 spaces of the destroyed figure. Line of sight isn't needed. Roll dice.

Well...what about if you're hitting a divider? Roll off? Anyways, I still think it's cleaner to pick the space the destroyed figure was on than the actual figure itself. There might be another power I'm forgetting.

~Dysole, still uncertain about any rules problems with the whip

McHotcakes June 29th, 2015 12:33 AM

I'm sorry I haven't been chiming in much, but I'm afraid the claws of hades sort of confuse me. I'm not very familiar with the source material so I'm playing catch up with what the claws actually do. They summon dead spirits that follow Kratos around? Or is it just like a special attack? Just curious. I'll probably be able to offer more helpful posts when I play some catch up research.