Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred October 18th, 2015 09:43 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

@Taeblewalker it does, because he's super motivated to show off
It also affects everything else because he has a gadget for everything else.
@SirGalahad You are correct. If we remove "must" we can also trim "if possible" and I'm typically for reducing verbiage.

JC McMinis October 18th, 2015 10:23 PM

How about this wording.

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent has Perry the Platypus you must choose him to be Dr. Doffensmirtz's Nemesis. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,
  • Add 1 to your 20-sided die rolls if the Nemesis is not adjacent to Dr. Doofenshmirtz and Dr. Doofenshmirtz has not attacked with a special attack this game.
  • Subtract 5 from your 20-sided die rolls if the Nemesis is adjacent to Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

Confred October 20th, 2015 10:22 AM

Looks good @JC McMinis

TREX October 30th, 2015 10:37 AM

I think after a couple more Play tests with this guy we can get him finished up.

JC McMinis October 30th, 2015 05:18 PM

Here is an updated card with slightly altered text from what I posted above.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps2ruzji0i.jpg

Dysole October 30th, 2015 05:25 PM

Gnice

Add a space after the first sentence in the Special Attack.

Riffing off of Lodin, I'd update the wording to be

If Dr. Doofenshmirtz has not attacked with a special attack this game and his Nemesis is not adjacent to him, any time you roll the 20-sided die, you may add one to your roll.

If Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis is adjacent to him, any time you roll the 20-sided die, you must subtract 5 from the roll.

~Dysole, luckily

Confred October 30th, 2015 06:56 PM

An intent of Nemesis Motivation is to remove the die roll modifiers from the special attack and save space. I wouldn't want a double whammy.

TREX October 30th, 2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2052295)
An intent of Nemesis Motivation is to remove the die roll modifiers from the special attack and save space. I wouldn't want a double whammy.

Somebody want to post a current text only card, so that we can do some play testing with the current verbage and so mcminis doesn't have to keep making more updates until we get a final card. I may be able to finish some play tests up after work tomorrow.

Dysole October 30th, 2015 09:53 PM

Text Message

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent has Perry the Platypus you must choose him to be Dr. Doffensmirtz's Nemesis. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,

MY SUGGESTIONS:

If Dr. Doofenshmirtz has not attacked with a special attack this game and his Nemesis is not adjacent to him, any time you roll the 20-sided die, you may add one to your roll.

If Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis is adjacent to him, any time you roll the 20-sided die, you must subtract 5 from the roll.

BEHOLD THE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to attack. No line of sight is required. All figures within 3 spaces of the chosen figure are also affected by the attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may change the target of the attack to a different figure. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may be chosen as the new target. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz is adjacent to his Nemesis, he must use this power. You may use this power only once per game.

I personally want it to be targeting a space not a figure but I can understand the need to condense text.

~Dysole, thinking that is all.

aka_sketch December 17th, 2015 10:00 PM

Hey! I'm new, but I've been a long-time fan of this game and always wanted to make my own figures. I want in on this.
Please?

Also, I noticed a disturbing lack of Sanderson characters from this thread. ;)

TREX December 18th, 2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka_sketch (Post 2062971)
Hey! I'm new, but I've been a long-time fan of this game and always wanted to make my own figures. I want in on this.
Please?

Also, I noticed a disturbing lack of Sanderson characters from this thread. ;)

I wouldn't be opposed to getting more support in here. I know we have went kindof dormant for a little bit though. The ball is in @Dysole 's court right now, as we need to finish up his design to move on.

Dysole December 18th, 2015 02:55 PM

Interesting

I thought I was waiting on someone to get playtests in. My most recent comments still apply.

~Dysole, informationally