Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred July 7th, 2015 11:42 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Got it working good enough.

Kratos {300} vs Fen Hydra x2 + Marro Stingers {300}
Map: Elswin Plateau

Kratos: Fast enough to grab Glyphs, far enough Range to attack on OM2. Rolled at least 2 skulls for all 4 attacks! but Fen Hydra's Defense was too strong for the first salvo. (Kratos picked up a Talisman of Defense)
Fen Hydra: Tanky at Defense 6+1 with tree cover vs Kratos' blades. (Hydra reveals and activate Army Move +2)

@TREX you were right to compare these two figures. Hydra are beast! Kratos rolled reasonably well getting off more than one attack every time, but he just couldn't break the Hydra 6 Defense, inflicting a whopping 0 wounds before dying.
Currently his points need to go way down. Or his Godly Treasures be that much more Bad. Or one of his items gives a heal power. Or his Climb from... I forgot to Climb! Rolled 20! The game goes on!
Kratos dropped his Talisman of Defense but Climbed to the back rows of the Stingers and wiped them out in 2 turns. His attack power felt on point this time and the Climb certainly explains his Points.

Round 2 to come
Kratos wins initiative and charges the Hydra to prevent it from using cover. He rolls at least 2 skulls on all his attacks and squeezes in 1 point. I'd love to be able to attack until I cannot roll those skulls! Keep the combo going! Remove 4x restriction? 300 Points is a lot and removing limit might further justify. But the Climb was powerful certainly. Battle rages on!
Hydra attacks back, with only 3 heads in this time but the last one seeks home for 3 wounds!
Kratos attacks back with a flurry attacking 3 times before rolling only one skull bringing the Hydra down to 1 Life! Kratos {3} vs Hydra {1}. Hydra's turn.
I like the idea of Claws holding souls as Kratos' utility item, offering either attack or heals. If this Hydra goes down, clearly I won't pick the Claws anyway because there is only one figure left. But I could see going after a Hydra for the Claws and then after the Stingers to charge it - which is really neat. I can see argument for no heals because the Climb does that. I can see argument for using the spirits to add defense dice as an option. These are thoughts, but the battle rages on!

Confred July 7th, 2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred
For now, I'll let the Whip and the Head and the Blade drift into limbo since we have our 5 made.

Ironically, the Nemesis Whip would be a good choice against the Hydra.
Since the whip is Not an option. I'll choose the Nemean Cestus for the By the Gods to ensure some hard damage in the upcoming death race, because I do fear only having 3 Life. The Cestus is also a good counter draft against the Talisman of Defense on the 'field because if the Hydra picks it up, it'll be a tough tank indeed, but if it picks it up and Kratos has the Cestus, Kratos will have the +1skull vs Defense 7 bonus.

Taeblewalker July 7th, 2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2032106)
Fen Hydra: Tanky at Defense 6+1 with tree cover vs Kratos' blades. (Hydra reveals and activate Army Move +2)

The Fen Hydra is huge, so he doesn't get the extra die for the tree.

Confred July 7th, 2015 08:57 PM

Ah good catch @Taeblewalker ; I couldn't really find the ruling. Does it only work on normal attacks? Or do trees cover against special attacks also?

Kratos is super fun to play i'm anxious to get home and finish my game

Dysole July 7th, 2015 11:33 PM

TREE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2032209)
Ah good catch @Taeblewalker ; I couldn't really find the ruling. Does it only work on normal attacks? Or do trees cover against special attacks also?

Kratos is super fun to play i'm anxious to get home and finish my game

Small, medium, large get +1 to defense from a non adjacent attack.

~Dysole, who figured Kratos would be fun to play

EDIT: I can start a thread to handle this if we want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2032081)
To everyone, Maybe we can start a seperate thread to fix any previous figures that might have bad lingo or broken things on the other HOF cards. I really like most of all of them and want them to be playable with original scape. I think we have a good thing going here.

Confred July 7th, 2015 11:42 PM

I'd rather not start a thread, as it might bring bad press our way?

Bow of Apollo: If Kratos destroys a Unique Hero before expending all his extra attacks, he may be given the bow By the Gods to continue attacking figures that would have been otherwise out of Range.
(For this battle, the last Hydra was indeed within 9 spaces but behind 2 bushes concealing view and I chose Nemean Cestus for the long run)

Dysole July 7th, 2015 11:48 PM

No Harm No Foul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2032228)
I'd rather not start a thread, as it might bring bad press our way?

I was thinking something in the vein of this.

~Dysole, who's been pretty involved with making sure that runs smoothly over there

Confred July 8th, 2015 12:13 AM

In my first play test Kratos won with 3 wounds remaining and having Climbed from Tartarus once, totaling 9 wounds for Kratos, 12 Life equivalent.
I ended up getting height so Nemean Cestus wasn't even used.

Overall Kratos was super fun to play if not a bit hectic at times. I like all his stats based on that first play through.

Proposed changes
1) Increase attack limit from 4 attacks to 5 attacks.
2) Claws of Hades: When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may remove 1 figure from this Claws of Hades' card to roll 2 additional attack dice. Each time this figure destroys a figure with a normal attack, remove 1 wound marker from this figure's Army Card and place the destroyed figure on this Claws of Hades' card.
I'll be using the above changes in my next play test. Any Army recommendations?

Quote:

Claws of Hades (II)
When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may remove 1 figure from this Claws of Hades' card to roll 2 additional attack dice. Each time this figure destroys a figure with a normal attack, remove 1 wound marker from this figure's Army Card and place the destroyed figure on this Claws of Hades' card.
Quote:

Claws of Hades (III)
When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may place wounds on its Army Card to roll additional attack dice to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice. Each time this figure destroys a figure, remove 1 wound marker from this figure's Army Card.
Claws of Hades (I): Any previous version

Confred July 8th, 2015 02:38 PM

PLAYTEST 2
Map: Elswin Plateau
Kratos {300} vs Nagrubs + Marro Warriors + Tor-Kul-Na {300}
Both Glyphs revealed to be duds.
one grub down and Tor-Kul-Na is engaged. first om is on grubs to back off.
off to work!

TREX July 8th, 2015 03:42 PM

@Dysole , I think that C3G precedent would be a great way to adjust any broken cards or cards that need grammar tweaks in HOF. As the figures that have been made are really neat, but some need a little bit of help. @Confred , I like your proposal to hike it to 5 attacks. When I played with him he was on fire or he wasn't. The claws of Hades removing wounds from the card I didn't like. I think it is enough to have him come back from the dead. I think that he should get to put the figures on his card from any attacks he does, not just a normal attack. Also, I think adding plus 2 attack for every figure removed is too much.
This is what I am thinking: Section 1 of claws
Remove one previously destroyed figure from your card to add +1 to your normal attack. Section 2 of claws
Add +1 to your tartarus roll for having the claws of hades.

McHotcakes July 9th, 2015 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2032335)
I think that he should get to put the figures on his card from any attacks he does, not just a normal attack.

We are putting the figures on the card for the claws right? Other than that I agree.

Quote:

Also, I think adding plus 2 attack for every figure removed is too much.
Agreed

Quote:

This is what I am thinking: Section 1 of claws
Remove one previously destroyed figure from your card to add +1 to your normal attack. Section 2 of claws
Add +1 to your tartarus roll for having the claws of hades.
I think that looks good

JC McMinis July 9th, 2015 07:43 AM

Hey guys, I actually had a few minutes free and was working on some typos @Confred had mentioned on the godly glyph cards when a thought occured. I was thinking about what @TREX had said about the Harry Potter glyoh situation that maybe for equipment glyphs we need to put and additon on to them like.

SIZE LIMITATION
This equipment glyph may only be used by a small or medium figure.

This would eliminate the problems TREX had in his test game.