Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of E. Honda (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50832)

SirGalahad September 14th, 2014 06:49 PM

The Book of E. Honda

The Book of E. Honda

C3G UDON SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 46
STREET FIGHTER

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...onda_comic.png

Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Honda_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Street Fighter set.
Its model number and name are #006 / E. Honda.

Character Bio - Edmond Honda began his training as a child, with a singular purpose of becoming the greatest sumo wrestler of all time. He became upset that the rest of the world did not view sumo wrestling with the same reverence as the Japanese did. He entered into the second World Warrior tournament with the intention of showing everyone that sumo wrestlers are among the greatest fighters in the world.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

SirGalahad September 14th, 2014 06:49 PM

Re: E. Honda - Design Phase

NAME = E. HONDA

SECRET IDENTITY = EDMOND HONDA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WRESTLER
PERSONALITY = PROUD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 130

SUMO HEADBUTT

After moving, if E. Honda is unengaged, instead of attacking, you may choose a non-adjacent figure within 3 spaces of E. Honda whose base is no more than 5 levels higher than his height or 5 levels lower than his base. Place E. Honda up to 2 spaces from where his movement ended and adjacent to the chosen figure. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each level E. Honda moved down this turn with this special power. If you roll 18 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.

HUNDRED HAND SLAP SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3 + Special.
After using this special attack, if at least one skull was rolled, you may attack again with this special attack. You may continue attacking with this special attack until you fail to roll a skull. For each attack after the first, roll a number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the previous attack. You may attack the same or a different figure with each subsequent attack.

SirGalahad September 14th, 2014 06:51 PM

Art options:
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...ps131fcd1c.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...pse8e82b29.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...ps04378af2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XxseBsd.jpg

johnny139 September 14th, 2014 07:13 PM

More Street Fighter characters are awesome. :D HERE is a higher quality version of the image you have in the first post; I think we should definitely prioritize that one, since it's part of the same series of comic covers as Ryu and I'm hoping we can sort of make a trend of using those.

Honestly he's pretty much exactly what I would have hoped for. Flying Headbutt and Hundred Hand Slap are his two most iconic moves and you've got them down pat... the Slap in particular, can get crazy but usually won't, which is fun. Sort of tempted to add a knockback effect but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Nitpicks, though: first, sumo is the sport, not the wrestler. We could go with "Sumo Wrestler" or just "Wrestler," which is what we have Zangief as. And, technically, the Flying Headbutt's official name is the "Sumo Headbutt," so we should probably go with that.

A3n September 14th, 2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1969601)
FLYING HEADBUTT
If E. Honda is unengaged, instead of moving and attacking normally, you may choose a non-adjacent figure within 3 spaces of E. Honda whose base is no more than 5 levels higher than his height or 5 levels lower than his base. Place E. Honda adjacent to the chosen figure and roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each level E. Honda moved down this turn. If you roll 18 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.

So is it ok if he uses this against a figure that is exactly 3 spaces away you place him on the other side of the figure -- so 4 spaces through the figure, 5 around? If you don't mind that effect then I'm all good here :up:.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1969601)
After using this special attack, you may attack again with this special attack, rolling X dice, where X is the number of skulls rolled in the previous attack. You may attack the same or a different figure with each subsequent attack.

For Lightning Lad we worded it like:
"Lightning Lad may attack one additional time, rolling a number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the first attack."
Do we want to keep consistency with these 2 powers (one way or the other, I don't mind if it means changing LL).

IAmBatman September 14th, 2014 07:25 PM

Let's try to keep consistent with the wording ... so:

After using this special attack, E. Honda may attack again with this special attack, rolling a number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the previous attack. You may attack the same or a different figure with each subsequent attack.

SirGalahad September 14th, 2014 07:32 PM

Fine with WRESTLER and SUMO HEADBUTT.

Fine with adjusting to be consistent with Lightning Lad. The fewer X's, the better.

So something like:

After using this special attack, you may attack again with this special attack, rolling a number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled in the previous attack. You may attack the same or a different figure with each subsequent attack.

EDIT: :iambatman: :ninja:'d

For the Headbutt, it doesn't make sense that it would take him to the other side of the figure, so an 'up to' will be needed. Thanks for catching that.

SUMO HEADBUTT
If E. Honda is unengaged, instead of moving and attacking normally, you may choose a non-adjacent figure within 3 spaces of E. Honda whose base is no more than 5 levels higher than his height or 5 levels lower than his base. Place E. Honda up to 2 spaces from his original placement and adjacent to the chosen figure. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each level E. Honda moved down this turn. If you roll 18 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.

tcglkn September 14th, 2014 10:52 PM

I like high risk high reward specials like this. It's why Heat Vision is on of my favorite special attacks.

I don't see any issues with the design and I don't know much about Street Fighter so I can't comment on theme.

Spidey'tilIDie September 15th, 2014 01:28 AM

Considering he's my favorite character, I wish the Hundred Hand Slap was more OP, but it looks fan-tastic! :up:

SirGalahad September 15th, 2014 02:45 AM

Glad to hear I'm doing something right after all the competitive issues with Aurora, Sage, and Jocasta. Maybe I should just avoid designing female figures. :reapershrug:

IAmBatman September 15th, 2014 11:03 AM

I've got Mastermind and Indigo-1 under my belt - not to mention all the others I didn't LD but did test. Competitive concerns are a group-problem that we all share responsibilities for. Part of it is adjusting our thinking to consider issues we just weren't considering previously.

That said, let's see what the CRB guys say when the time comes before declaring this guy totally free of competitive issues. :-) (Mind you, I don't see any right now).

A3n September 15th, 2014 05:03 PM

So is the hundred hand slap intended to attack continuously until you don't roll a skull (if so that isn't clear)? Or is it just one additional turn (which is what I assumed it was but your re-wording after I pointed out LL didn't change that part)?