Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55917)

Arch-vile July 2nd, 2019 09:27 PM

The Book of Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm)

The Book of Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm)

C3G DC WAVE 32
YEAR OF THE HERO

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ldur_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...aldur_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC Rebirth set.
Its model number and name are #012 / Aqualad.

Character Bio - Aqualad first learned the ways of being a superhero as a protege of Aquaman. He was a founding member of a team of teenaged superheroes consisting originally of himself, Robin, Miss Martian, Superboy, and Kid Flash. Aqualad is a very calm person, a trait unshared by the rest of his teammates. Soft-spoken and clear-headed, he has a tendency to think things through and formulate plans before taking any sort of action. He tries to see the good in all people and often acts as the voice of reason amongst his teammates, who are rarely as cool-headed as he is. He was unanimously elected by the team to be their leader after their first mission together due to these qualities.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Aqualad can move Titan and Sidekick Heroes with his Young Justice special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arch-vile July 2nd, 2019 09:29 PM

Re: The Book of Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm) - breathing period

NAME = AQUALAD
SECRET IDENTITY = KALDUR'AHM

SPECIES = ATLANTEAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY = NOBLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 170

YOUNG JUSTICE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Aqualad, you may move up to X other Titan or Sidekick Heroes you control who have not moved this player turn, where X is the number of Order Markers on this card.

WATER AFFINITY
Aqualad does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 dice to Aqualad's attack while he is within 2 spaces of a water space.

MYSTICAL LIGHTNING SHOCK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Androids and Cyborgs roll 1 fewer defense die when defending against this special attack. Figures occupying water spaces subtract 1 shield from whatever is rolled when defending against this special attack. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by this special attack. Aqualad may only use this special attack once per round.

Arch-vile July 2nd, 2019 09:30 PM

Comic Art:

Miniature Pics:

Background Pics:

IAmBatman July 2nd, 2019 09:33 PM

Looking really good! The only thing to add to the third post would be a possible background image.

Arch-vile July 2nd, 2019 09:35 PM

I knew that post felt empty but couldn't place it. :) Thanks Bats.

IAmBatman July 2nd, 2019 09:42 PM

No prob. Also a good idea to post a link in the Outer Sanctum Index and Discussion Cave and to @ the six current Heroes to let them know this is live. (Since membership is so all over the place, I'll help you out on that last one):
@Tornado @Ronin @johnny139 @Lazy Orang @quozl @Karat

Tornado July 2nd, 2019 09:51 PM

Nice work putting the art stuff together. The Art team is going to love you.

quozl July 2nd, 2019 09:51 PM

Amusingly, the other Aqualad could be this Aqualad's sidekick.

IAmBatman July 2nd, 2019 09:53 PM

Bit of a time warp involved, but I could see it happening. Like when Tim and Dick Robin teamed up during Zero Hour.

johnny139 July 2nd, 2019 10:11 PM

I know we've kind of backed ourselves into a corner, but the more I think about it, the more it bothers me we have a Titan that calls out other Titans from a universe where the Teen Titans don't actually exist. It's not quite "calling out Metahuman on a Marvel card" level of iffy for me, but it's close.

I'd also like a bit more specificity on the name for Young Justice... though I think we've already done the other Young Justice leaders so I guess there's not much chance of confusion going forward.

I think art-wise we'd need something from the Earth-16 version of him - I know I have tentative plans for the Rebirth version, at least. (I also don't love that the mini is clearly not Kaldur - I mean, Kaldur with a backpack? Ridiculous. :p But I acknowledge we play the hand we're dealt there.)

Mechanically though, he's solid! I'm comfortable with pretty much everything here.

Arch-vile July 2nd, 2019 10:45 PM

I originally had "Young Justice Leader" as the power name, but Bats suggested just using Young Justice. MrNobody pointed out the team isn't actually called Young Justice in-universe, it's called "The Team". The name could probably be improved further but I'm cool with any of the options we've had so far.

Good point with the art. It's been surprisingly difficult to find suitable art of Kaldur from Young Justice or associated comics. I added one to the 3rd post that I think works, though.

MrNobody July 2nd, 2019 10:49 PM

To clarify, I don’t have a problem with any Young Justice name. Just raising it as a point of potential discussion.