Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Miss Martian (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54210)

Heroscaper Guy July 25th, 2017 12:54 PM

The Book of Miss Martian

The Book of Miss Martian

C3G DC WAVE 32
YEAR OF THE HERO

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...tian_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rtian_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Arkham Asylum set.
Its model number and name are #021 / Miss Martian.

Character Bio - When the White Martians began massacring their Green cousins, M'gann's parents sent her on a rocket to the Vega system to escape the civil war. M'gann learned that another Green Martian refugee, J'onn J'onzz, had escaped the White Martian tyranny, establishing himself on Earth, and came to Earth herself.

M'gann is not truly a Green Martian: M'gann's true form is that of a White Martian, creatures believed to live only for war and conquest. She seeks to show the possibility that her race can be agents of good and not just evil. She serves as a member of the Teen Titans during the year following the events of Infinite Crisis. On Earth, she simplifies her name to Megan Morse.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Miss Martian offers benefits to Titans and Sidekicks with her Titan Telepath special power.

Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Art by: japes

Heroscaper Guy July 25th, 2017 12:56 PM

Re: The Book of Miss Martian

MISS MARTIAN
M’GANN M’ORZZ

MARTIAN
UNIQUE HERO
TITAN
EAGER
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS =200

TITAN TELEPATH

Miss Martian is also considered to have the class of Telepath. While Miss Martian is in play all Sidekicks and Titans you control are considered in clear sight of each other. If an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of any Sidekick or Titan figure you control, you instead may remove any unrevealed Order Marker from this card. If you do, the opposing player’s turn immediately ends.

INTANGIBILITY
Miss Martian can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Miss Martian cannot be targeted by opponents’ non-adjacent figures for any attacks, or for any special powers that require clear sight.

TELEKINETIC TOSS 13
After moving and before attacking, you may choose either Miss Martian or a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Miss Martian. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure. Placed figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Heroscaper Guy July 25th, 2017 12:58 PM

COMIC
Spoiler Alert!

MINI
Spoiler Alert!

Heroscaper Guy July 25th, 2017 01:05 PM

Okay, apologies in advance for anything wrong in any of these posts, I'm operating on like 5 hours of sleep, so I'm gonna go to sleep after this. Anyways, what I had in mind with Miss Martian was someone who functions as someone who is helping to coordinate and protect the Young Justice team (by her anti-mind control and the line of sight representing them able to coordinate at the speed of thought). However, she's not gonna really be a pushover herself and she can deal some damage. So she functions as maybe a knight, something that the benefits she offers will make you hesitate to sacrifice her, but if the situation demands it, you will certainly do so if the value obtained is worth more. Hopefully that all makes sense, I will certainly check back in when I wake up to clarify things needed and so on.

johnny139 July 25th, 2017 03:29 PM

I'm pretty much 100% happy with Titan Telepath. It's been hashed out before and while it's there disparate abilities, they all connect pretty clearly, so I'm good with it.

The other two are obviously necessary, but probably open to discussion. I'm mostly thinking of a more limited version of Intangibility or a simpler Telekinesis power (probably reused), to simplify things or just lower her overall cost. Though the latter obviously depends on where we're ballparking her.

Lazy Orang July 25th, 2017 03:45 PM

I'd like to see if there are any ideas for something a bit more unique/interesting than pure Jean Grey style Telekinesis. If not, no problem - there's nothing wrong with the design, and I'm sure she'll make a great addition to the Titans faction, she just feels like she's missing some kind of 'pop'. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree - as I said, she looks fun and useful - but something a tad more unique for that third power is something I'd be in favour of. :shrug:

japes July 25th, 2017 07:22 PM

Well the Telekinesis reuse off of Jean Grey was intentional. But her not having pop...I don't think I agree there. Several powers in the faction rely on clear sight so her first power hits there. Some of the Titan's villains live off of the take control of you figures type of powers (For those of you that have been following my LD's over the past year you should have an idea of at least one coming up pretty soon) so that's also taken care of here.

If we want to look at a simplified TK power that still gives you the ability to move your figures around and break some of the aura powers (again see my last years worth of LD's) then...maybe.

Intangibility is what it is but if we want to look for something different that still fits the theme then lets discuss. Shadow Cat II version perhaps?

By the way...I didn't notice this was posted yet. Don't forget to PM the heroes and post in the main thread when you start up a thread.

Viegon July 27th, 2017 09:29 AM

Looks good to me. I actually like the reused powers and mechanics here. Makes for a solid, thematic design that will fit really nicely into the faction. :up:

dok July 27th, 2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 2158172)
Looks good to me. I actually like the reused powers and mechanics here. Makes for a solid, thematic design that will fit really nicely into the faction. :up:

I could not agree more. Combining old mechanics in new combinations is a favorite design move of mine.

Tornado July 27th, 2017 02:40 PM

That sounds like some strong support.
I would give her a whirl as-is and tweak as needed.
Nice work here!

Yodaking July 27th, 2017 02:58 PM

Just finding this thread today, be sure to send out a link via PM to every hero so they are aware of it's creation. I don't have any issues with the design, looks pretty solid to me. Granting clear sight is certainly useful for some of the bonding and other synergy the Titans and Sidekicks have when playing on an urban map. Just note that the OM reveal requirement to prevent mind control could be a heavy price as Nightwing & Cyborg both already want the X OM. Just to be clear I'm fine with that and don't think it should be changed at all but wanted to make sure all were aware of it when talking about pricing her. The Jean Grey power is pretty useful to, just be sure to update the synergy you copied over as I see at least one still references Jean Grey.

Yodaking August 2nd, 2017 03:31 PM

bump