Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

japes November 28th, 2019 11:14 PM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules - VOTE for On Deck

Cool. I should be able to get this tomorrow.

IAmBatman November 29th, 2019 12:52 AM

Thanks. :up: Just let me know. Down to six voters here, so hopefully when I call the vote again it'll go pretty smoothly.

johnny139 November 29th, 2019 07:24 AM

Yea once it's updated. The public are the best proofreaders anyways, I'm sure they'll point out anything we miss. :p

IAmBatman November 29th, 2019 08:47 AM

I just hope after this collective effort that they DO read and find enjoyment out of the rules!

Tornado November 29th, 2019 09:09 AM

Well said. Really excited for this one. A major stepping stone to CityScape.
Thanks for all time spent on this one japes!

Karat November 29th, 2019 09:07 PM

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just finally read through them in their entirety. Edits/questions below.
Quote:

OCCUPYING VEHICLES

Figures occupying a VDO are still considered to be on the battlefield, controlled by the player whose army they are in, occupying the same space (or spaces) as that VDO for the purpose of counting spaces for range and power selection, but are not affected by any special terrain rules for that space.
Something about this paragraph bugs me. Perhaps it is because there is so much going on in a single sentence. While it is all semi-cohesive, I think adding a conjunction just before the last conjunction would help and I'd lose that last comma making it a continuation of the previous phrase instead of it's own seperate clause. To that end, I'd probably word it like so:

Figures occupying a VDO are still considered to be on the battlefield, controlled by the player whose army they are in, and occupying the same space (or spaces) as that VDO for the purpose of counting spaces for range and power selection but are not affected by any special terrain rules for that space.

Figures occupying a VDO are considered adjacent to all other figures occupying that VDO and to the VDO itself, but are never considered adjacent to or engaged with figures outside of the VDO.

Instead of moving normally, a figure on a VDO Army Card may move into an unoccupied space designated on the card, such as the driver's space, or out of a designated space to the passenger area of the card.

If a figure you control is the only figure occupying a VDO or if a figure you control is occupying the designated Driver space in a VDO, you now control that VDO.

PARTIAL COVER AND FULL COVER

As denoted in the left box of each VDO, a VDO can have Partial Cover or Full Cover.

Figures occupying Vehicles with Full Cover are never in clear sight of figures outside of that Vehicle, never have clear sight on figures outside of that Vehicle, and may never attack or be attacked by a figure outside of that Vehicle.

VDOs with Partial Cover do allow for clear sight between figures occupying that VDO and figures on the outside. Partial Cover VDOs are those with windows or other openings that allow for clear sight. These clear sight openings will be marked on Army Cards by the green target points on the VDO’s Hit Zone. Clear sight can only be traced through these target points.

When a figure occupying a Partial Cover VDO targets a figure outside of that VDO, they should use the target point for that VDO to trace line of sight and range. When a figure outside of a Partial Cover VDO wishes to targets a figure occupying that VDO, they should use the target points for that VDO as the hit zone for that figure.
I bolded the typo here to make it visible

If a special power targets or chooses a space instead of a figure and the space the VDO occupies is chosen, the VDO and all figures occupying the VDO are affected.

MOVING VEHICLES

Instead of moving normally with all of the figures for an Army Card you control, if one of the figures from that card occupies the Driver space for a VDO, you may move that VDO any number of spaces up to its Move number. You may only move each VDO this way once during each player turn.

When moving the VDO, follow standard movement rules. VDOs are never considered engaged and never make or receive leaving engagement attacks.

If a VDO would be moved, any figures occupying it stay in that VDO and are moved with it. If any of the occupants cannot be moved for any reason, that VDO cannot be moved.

EXITING VEHICLES

After moving a VDO you control on your turn or instead of moving a figure occupying a VDO, you may exit with any or all of your figures that occupy that VDO.

To exit with a figure that is occupying a VDO, place it on an empty space adjacent to the VDO (adjacent to the VDO's entrance/exit area if it has one). If an exiting figure was engaged with any other figures occupying the VDO prior to exiting the VDO, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

If your figure exits a VDO that you do not control and your figure does not have the Super Strength special power, before placing your figure, roll one unblockable attack die against it.

DESTROYING VEHICLES

If a VDO receives enough wounds to be destroyed, each figure occupying a space on top of that VDO's sculpt or occupying a space on that VDO's Army Card immediately receives X Wounds where X = any excess wounds the VDO received beyond what was needed to destroy it.

After removing the destroyed VDO from the battlefield, players may, in initiative order, place all of their figures that remain on top of the VDO's sculpt on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed VDO.

Then players may, in initiative order, place each remaining figure they control that was occupying the VDO's Army Card on a space or spaces previously occupied by the destroyed VDO. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed VDO cannot be placed on a legal space or spaces, that figure is immediately destroyed.

Do we really need both of these? They are repetitious. I'd probably lose the last bit of the first little paragraph so you are not repeating ypurself.

Figures moved when the VDO is destroyed never take any leaving engagement attacks but will receive any falling damage that may apply.

IAmBatman November 29th, 2019 09:33 PM

OK, made what is hopefully the last edits for that first paragraph and the typo. Thanks, Karat.

I'm going to keep those two paragraphs you mentioned last, as they cover different things (figures on top of a VDO and figures occupying a VDO).

Should be good to go now. :-)

Karat November 29th, 2019 10:04 PM

Oh and Yea after we get updated.

japes December 9th, 2019 05:16 PM

Updated!!!!!!!!!

Tornado December 9th, 2019 09:42 PM

:woot:

IAmBatman December 10th, 2019 12:56 PM

OK. Got Karat's yea already, so with this last proposal for On Deck I just need:

@japes - yea
@Arkham -
@johnny139 - yea
@Soundwarp SG-1 - yea
@Lord Pyre -

Soundwarp SG-1 December 10th, 2019 06:58 PM

yea