Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred June 5th, 2015 11:28 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

@TREX I agree, the bow took a fun turn. I like the idea of rolling all those attack dice, fitting for a Good Of War button masher.

BY THE GODS (v1.2)
Start the game with 5 different Godly Artifact Treasure Glyphs. Every time Kratos destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, place a chosen Glyph on this card.
I don't like the idea of Kratos being a Godly Treasure factory, handing off his goods. This version limits the number to 5 but let's him carry more if somehow more where in the game. He can still hand them out in this version, because Kratos doesn't care about possessions. Limiting to 5 ever should be good enough. Making them different also discourages Kratos handing them out (One for me, one for teammate).
>Phrasing needs review

TREX June 6th, 2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2025808)
@TREX I agree, the bow took a fun turn. I like the idea of rolling all those attack dice, fitting for a Good Of War button masher.

BY THE GODS (v1.2)
Start the game with 5 different Godly Artifact Treasure Glyphs. Every time Kratos destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, place a chosen Glyph on this card.
I don't like the idea of Kratos being a Godly Treasure factory, handing off his goods. This version limits the number to 5 but let's him carry more if somehow more where in the game. He can still hand them out in this version, because Kratos doesn't care about possessions. Limiting to 5 ever should be good enough. Making them different also discourages Kratos handing them out (One for me, one for teammate).
>Phrasing needs review

We could just add: Kratos may never drop his Godly Artifacts until he is destroyed. In the game, he never lends out his toys. Button Mashing Combo.:)Now I like it even more.

TREX June 6th, 2015 06:10 PM

Current Edition of Kratos
Quote:

KRATOS
Demi God
Unique Hero
Warrior
Ruthless
Medium 5

Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Life 6

BY THE GODS
For every Unique Hero Kratos destroys, place a Godly Artifact on this card that has not been previously placed. A maximum of 5 Godly Artifacts may be placed on this card. Godly Artifacts may never be removed from this card until Kratos is destroyed.

VENGEANCE OF KRATOS
After making a normal or special attack, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may attack again with a normal or special attack. Kratos cannot attack more than 4 times per turn.

BLADES OF EXILE
If an opponent's figure is within 3 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 4 levels above Kratos's height or 4 levels below Kratos's base, Kratos may add 3 to his Range when attacking that figure with a normal attack.

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS

At the start of each of your turns after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 18 or higher, immediately place Kratos on an empty space on the battlefield that is not higher than the base of any other figure on the battlefield. If Kratos is destroyed and there are no other figures you control left on the Battlefield you may immediately roll for Climb From Tartarus.

CURRENT GODLY ARTIFACTS

Quote:

BOOTS OF HERMES
(+3 MOVE, DISENGAGE)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
Before moving, this figure may use Boots Of Hermes to add 3 to its Move value and to never be attacked for leaving an engagement this turn.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

Quote:

BOW OF APOLLO
(RANGED SPECIAL ATTACK)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure gains the Arrows Of Apollo Special Attack special power. Range 9. Attack 2 Special.
When attacking figures without the Lava Resistant special power, for each skull rolled, roll 1 additional attack die. Continue rolling additional attack dice for each skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. Each additional skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

Dysole June 6th, 2015 07:16 PM

Quick Note

Treasure glyphs can not be placed on top of other treasure glyphs. That's why you have to choose what to destroy if you're a single hex figure with multiple treasure glyphs.

~Dysole, informationally

TREX June 6th, 2015 07:27 PM

Re: Quick Note

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2025912)
Treasure glyphs can not be placed on top of other treasure glyphs. That's why you have to choose what to destroy if you're a single hex figure with multiple treasure glyphs.

~Dysole, informationally

I didn't know that, Thanks Dysole. So it would work ok to place them on the adjacent spaces then. I'll reword it back to what it was.

JC McMinis June 7th, 2015 06:52 AM

Sorry have not been here that much, been really busy here but will have time later today and will post updated cards for the Kratos and the 2 Glyphs above.

Confred June 7th, 2015 01:29 PM

More Godly Artifacts
Quote:

NEMEAN CESTUS
(SPECIAL ATTACK)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure gains the Obsidian Crush Special Attack special power. Range 1. Attack 5 Special.
When attacking destructible objects or figures with a Defense value of 7 or higher, roll 3 additional attack dice.

GODLY ARTIFACT

Proposed:
Quote:

CLAWS OF HADES
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure may use Claws Of Hades to add 3 to its Climb From Tartarus roll. After placing this figure on the battlefield with its Climb From Tartarus special power, if you rolled 20 or higher, you may destroy this Glyph to gain permanent control of a previously destroyed Unique Hero and its Army Card. Place the Unique Hero on any empty space adjacent to this figure and remove all order markers and wounds from its Army Card.
Spoiler Alert!

GODLY ARTIFACT

An unintended but interesting note is the use of 3. Boots add 3 to Move, Cestus adds 3 to Attack, Claws add 3 to roll. Not sure how I can keep the theme going, but 3 is a mythic number. The 3 Fates for example.
Proposed:
Quote:

HEAD OF HELIOS
(BLIND)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
Instead of attacking, this figure may use Head Of Helios to blind any figure within 5 clear sight spaces of this figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove all order markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.
Spoiler Alert!

GODLY ARTIFACT

IF we decide to limit the number of attacks to 4, maybe we'll want an option for that final attack if we feel we cannot close the deal.
Quote:

HEAD OF HELIOS (v2)
PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
At any time, this figure may use Head Of Helios to gain the Mental Shield special power. An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of this figure this turn.

GODLY ARTIFACT

BY THE GODS (v3)
Every time Kratos destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, place a Godly Artifact Glyph on this card. Kratos cannot drop Godly Artifacts during movement. By The Gods never places a Glyph that has already been placed this game.

BY THE GODS (v4)
Every time Kratos destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, place a Godly Artifact Glyph on this card. By The Gods can place a maximum of 5 Glyphs on this card.

TREX June 7th, 2015 01:55 PM

Nemean Cestus- I like the feel of this card. I would almost rather have him roll 4 attack dice, and get one auto skull. That way he still has a chance to not get to attack again. Also, it might be more fun to just add one additional auto skull to the 7 defense figures and destructible objects. Rolling 3 additional dice almost ensures you get to attack again. The auto skulls are not rolled, so they are not counted for the minimum 2 skulls rolled to attack again. But I agree he should have additional damage against heavy armor and DO objects.
Claws of Hades- I like both ideas. Adding to the Tartarus climb, or summoning a dead hero back. Either of those should be a one time thing. Adding +3 to his Tartarus climb is pretty significant. Also, say you are playing with jotun. Reviving Jotun is also a huge deal. no pun intended. I like the idea, but feel we need to tweak it a little bit so its not too OP.
Head of Helios- Dund 2.0 Its not too bad of an idea, I'm not completely sold on it. In the game he blinds his enemies and then whacks them with something.
By the Gods- Changed the part: By the Gods never places a glyph that has previously been placed this game. I prefer to keep kratos not dropping glyphs until he is destroyed to Kratos connot drop artifacts during movement. Overall, great job on these @Confred .

McHotcakes June 7th, 2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2026025)
Head of Helios- Dund 2.0 Its not too bad of an idea, I'm not completely sold on it. In the game he blinds his enemies and then whacks them with something.

Could we make it more like Paralyzing Stare instead?

TREX June 7th, 2015 03:41 PM

@McHotcakes , Paralyzing Stare surely makes for a more thematic approach for it. I like that route better. Maybe just for one attack. The first attack perhaps.

Confred June 7th, 2015 10:58 PM

Had to look up Paralyzing Stare. I had thought of a version like that and such a function would better fit the source material. I didn't care for the Dund version anyway. With all those attacks, did we want reduced defense? Is that over kill? Overpowered?

@TREX I'm pretty sure automatic skulls added to rolls still count towards the count, kind of like added numbers to a twenty roll count
Attack 5; +auto vs special is OK to me
Attack 3; count skulls twice vs special...
Dunno I like the idea of Cestus being the bread and butter range 1 weapon so = to Exile seems bunk
...Attack 2 auto skull, auto 2 if vs special

Should we separate the revive from the Tartarus roll? So a non-Kratos may use?
PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure may use Claws Of Hades to add 3 to its Climb From Tartarus roll. If this figure is destroyed, Claws Of Hades stays on this figure's Army Card.
TEMPORARY TREASURE GLYPH
This figure may use Claws Of Hades to revive a figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, gain permanent control of any previously destroyed Unique Hero and its Army Card. Place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to this figure and remove all markers from its Army Card. Destroy this Glyph.

TREX June 7th, 2015 11:33 PM

@Confred , I like the cestus being more powerful than the blades a range 1. I think maybe a attack 5 +an auto skull for the 7 defense and DO objects like you say up there, because he does have to be right up in there. In the game the claws of hades pretty much summon creatures from hades to help him fight. I don't believe they do anything for coming back from the underworld. I think thematically we should take the Tartarus part away. He loses his glyphs when he dies anyways. The second part looks a little more thematic and interesting. Should it be a one time use like say Atlaga's bolt of witherwood. Or get chances to use it until you get to summon a previously slain unit. I would say a unique army card. That way you would get to bring back a hero or a unique squad.
On the Head of Helios we could use it to take away defense on the first attack. I'm not sure if its too much though. Of course it would take the place of another godly artifact. Figure up a way to word the cestus with the auto skull bit to see how it looks. I like the idea of him smashing through doors and armored heroes with them.