Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   ScapeCon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   VCheese using Delta Points Tournament @ ScapeCon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=59314)

Chris Perkins July 9th, 2021 09:04 AM

VCheese using Delta Points Tournament @ ScapeCon

What: Extra HeroScape tournament the night before ScapeCon

Format: Bring 1 army up to 500 points & 24 hexes (no figure max). VC figures allowed, no Marvel. Figure point totals will use Dok's Delta++ point totals (Column G contains the point totals).

When: Wednesday evening before ScapeCon @ 7 pm

Prizes: This event will be prized as an official event for ScapeCon, meaning the top 2 finishers will get prizes and prize wall tickets will be provided for all participants.

Here's some background:

I was on one of the recent Casters of Valhalla podcast (which, if you want 2 hours 10 minutes of a healthy mix of nonsense and good discussion, can be found here: CoV Episode) and we spent a good 30 - 40 minutes discussing the potential that the use of delta points has for HeroScape in the long term (mostly pros, but a few cons as well).

So, beyond hopefully being a fun tournament, it would be great to see how much community interest there is in the use of a delta point total system.

----------

If you're attending ScapeCon and interested in playing this event, comment on this thread to let me know.

Sign-ups List:
1) Chris Perkins
2) Sir Heroscape
3) NecroBlade
4) Vegie
5) Vegie's Dad
6) Deroche
7) Dysole
8 ) Phantom

Maybe:
1) Vydar XLIII
3) Cleon
4) Infectedsloth

Chris Perkins July 9th, 2021 09:07 AM

Re: VCheese using Delta Points Tournament @ ScapeCon

As a side note, OHS recently ran an event (Season 41) using Dok's delta points, after which they were revised to delta++ (some changes).

So if you're interested you can see some army ideas from that OHS Season.

vegietarian18 July 9th, 2021 11:41 AM

Put me and my dad down as maybes. Looks like a lot of fun but not sure if we'll be in Indiana by then or not.

Deroche July 9th, 2021 12:30 PM

I'm 0-3 in trying to build a VC army idea I like because they keep coming in at 505!

Whose stupid idea was it to promote Delta pricing? (don't answer that)

Vydar_XLIII July 9th, 2021 01:11 PM

Winning one bring-one Delta tournament isn't enough for you Chris? Haha!

Put me down for a maybe too. I'll come prepared but it'll depend on how tired I am after the drive.

I better go put bases on my Morgan's Riflemen now I guess!

Dysole July 9th, 2021 06:13 PM

In Theory

Put me down as a maybe. I should be there and should be able to build something. But I also know how airlines can be and the possibility exists that I might not get in until late.

~Dysole, informationally

Sir Heroscape July 9th, 2021 09:03 PM

I’ll be in by 3pm so you can put me down I think.

Cleon July 10th, 2021 01:39 AM

I’m interested, I just have no idea what time I’ll get in and if I’ll be up for playing after a day of traveling. But if I have enough time to relax and settle before hand, I probably will be down. So put me as a maybe :)

NecroBlade July 10th, 2021 08:43 AM

Great, another army to plan...

Pretty sure our carpoolavan will arrive in time, so I'm in! Curious, though, why hex limit instead of figures? IMO figure limits are better since they allow double-spacers more breathing room.

Chris Perkins July 10th, 2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 2472796)
Curious, though, why hex limit instead of figures? IMO figure limits are better since they allow double-spacers more breathing room.

I did hex limit instead of figures just because all the other events the whole weekend are figure limit instead (no hex limit) and part of what I was trying to accomplish from this was a variety of rules different from the other events.

In this case, it does hurt the Templar a bit (as well as Hounds obviously), but otherwise I don't think it affects the meta all that much.

For what it's worth I do also generally prefer figure limits over hex limits; just thought that adding variety instead was worth more here.

Dragon Ruler July 10th, 2021 10:12 AM

I'm definitely not playing in this tourney. We will have a variety of other games with us for various player numbers and we will be playing other games Wed. night after map set up for those interested.
We are working on table configurations in the ballroom including space for Pitch Car". Are you still planning on bringing that @Deroche ?
The Connecticut contingent is arriving Tuesday night. We will be doing a walk through of the ballroom space with the sales director Wed. morning and adjusting table setup as needed. We have ballroom access beginning at 1pm Wed.

Deroche July 10th, 2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler (Post 2472804)
We are working on table configurations in the ballroom including space for Pitch Car". Are you still planning on bringing that @Deroche ?

If we can set up a more than one car driving up, then yes, I'll bring it.

I hope to find out more about that tomorrow.