Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Competitive Armies Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Protectors of Ullar - What's your army idea? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=25277)

Aldin May 31st, 2009 11:17 PM

Protectors of Ullar - What's your army idea?

I was surprised to see that the Protectors hadn't spawned an army idea thread yet. Here's the card Truth revealed earlier today:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...r_original.jpg

I'd love to see your 400-600 point army ideas. I'll go first with a 500 point army:

2xProtectors 220
Raelin 80
4xDividers 200

Raelin only needs to live long enough to get the Dividers well and truly engaged. Protectors can down even the toughest foe with their arbalests and a lucky hit by the first shot.

So what protective army concepts have been percolating in your thoughts?

~Aldin, with tender wings

ElvenEnvy May 31st, 2009 11:59 PM

Re: Protectors of Ullar - What's your army idea?

Similiar concept different screen.

How about...
Protectors x3 330
Deathreavers x3 120 (450)
Marro Warriors 50 (500)

Make a ratscreen. Protectors get in position on the friendly side of the screen. Three Marro Warriors go past the screen to make a presence and influence movement towards the screen. One Marro Warrior finds some water or just sits back.
edit: I just realized this is 25 figures, looks like a Rat will need to sit out.

Devil's Advocate June 1st, 2009 12:14 AM

It probably is not original but 2x Protectors and 4x 4Th is an even 500. The protectors seem to work well vs heroes and the 4th are quite good vs squads. Yeah the 4th will not get their defense bonus but even without it can do well

Buddy Lee June 1st, 2009 12:34 AM

This is the army I am thinking of running in the General Wars:

2 x Protectors
1 x Atlaga
2 x Aubrien Archers
_______
450 points

I like this setup because it will allow for simple order marker management. That is something I always try for. With this army you can use the the Archers as cannon fodder, and with a few good frenzies really do some damage. Also, it keeps the core element, the Aubrien Archers, of my previous armies in tact. So for purely sentimental reasons I'll probably run this.

I'm pretty well set on the the Protectors and Atlaga. I think they bring a lot to Ullars forces. Great Hero Killing, and flying with ranged attack is an awesome combination.

I am also considering three other options instead of the Aubrien Archers.

Option 1:

1 x Aubrien Archers
1 x Arkmer
1 x Kyntela

The only problem with this army is keeping all the Elves together. Lots of Order Marker management required to run them properly. Also, if you frenzy the elves you have to be careful how far out you let them get. The whole key would be to keep them together to give Arkmer his max defense boost and let Kyntela do her thing for the rest of the group. Of course you could split them up and let Arkmer and Kyntela work as a single unit apart from the Archers.

Option 2:

1 x EOV
1 x Theracus

This one is actually pretty simple. The EOV become Glyph grabbers and a quick first strike. Theracus can carry an EOV early in the game, or even Atlaga. This may let you get a unit deep into your opponents territory and take out a key figure. Also, Theracus is a good hero in in his own right. I'm still impressed by how he did in spider poison's and CVN's post championship game a few years ago.

Option 3:
1 x EOV
1 X Venoc Vipers

Pretty much Glyph grabbing with the Venoc's and a good quick strike with the EOV. Order marker management is probably the easiest of the three Options. Just run the Vipers until they're gone, then move to the Protectors for clean-up and Atlaga delivers the Cup of Gravy. ;) This is one I'm really leaning towards.

Buddy Lee

killercactus June 1st, 2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy (Post 835909)
How about...
Protectors x3 330
Deathreavers x3 120 (450)
Marro Warriors 50 (500)

I believe this is the best army for the Protectors at 500 points (in theory - without any play experience), even though you have to drop a Reaver to stay in 24 hexes. The Protectors NEED the Rat screen. Plus, with only 5 range, high mobility and their squad figure status, I don't think Raelin is going to be the way to go with them. The Marro Warriors beat out Brave Arrow, MBS, Arkmer or the Tarn because the Protectors need the extra help against squads - they're fine on their own vs. heroes, and the Rats will do all the glyph holding that's needed.

I can't find a way to fit in Atlaga until the army point totals are up to 540, because I really want those 3 rat squads, and I don't think it's worth sacrificing a Protector squad for Atlaga.

gorthan313 June 1st, 2009 08:06 AM

Oh man! Now we have even MORE male kyrie with no shirts on:lol:! I'm detecting a theme here.....

Anyways:

Atlaga 90
Taelord 270
UP x2 390
Raelin 1 470
MoU x3 600

killercactus June 1st, 2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorthan313 (Post 835967)
Oh man! Now we have even MORE male kyrie with no shirts on:lol:! I'm detecting a theme here.....

Anyways:

Atlaga 90
Taelord 270
UP x2 390
Raelin 1 470
MoU x3 600

What are the MoU - Minions? If that's so, this is an 800 point army. 800 points of crazy-fast Kyrie.

nyys June 1st, 2009 09:22 AM

Atlaga
PoU x3
Taelord
600 - 11 hexes

clancampbell June 1st, 2009 10:25 AM

I'm thinking:

Atlaga (90)
Concan (80)
Sentinels x2 (220)
Protectors (110)

This is a good base, and you could swap Protectors and Sentinels as you please.
Atlaga might make the Sentinels very playable, I'd be tempted to nix the protectors all together and run 3x Sentinels in this build.

gorthan313 June 1st, 2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 835997)
Quote:

Anyways:

Atlaga 90
Taelord 270
UP x2 390
Raelin 1 470
MoU x3 600

What are the MoU - Minions? If that's so, this is an 800 point army. 800 points of crazy-fast Kyrie.

Yes, the MoU are Minions. Thanks for the correction! In that army, the three support characters(Atlaga, Taelord, and Raelin) boost everyone in that army expect for themselves.
Raelin boosts Taelord, Atlaga, and the Protectors' defense to five, and the Minions' defense to eight. Atlaga boosts both squads' move to five, and the two heroes' movement to seven. Taelord boosts the Minions' attack to three, Raelin's attack to four(Though you probably won't be using raelin to go on the offensive), Atlaga's attack to five, and the Protectors' attack to four.
Atlaga's bonus allows everyone to get to height quicker, and raelin and Taelord help make sure nobody can knock you from that position:twisted:!

killercactus June 1st, 2009 11:39 AM

Protectors x2 - 220
Syvarris - 320
Zetacron - 380
Deathreavers x3 - 500, 21 hexes

I like Syvarris to take care of Repulsors early, and Zetacron fits well into the 60 point hole. Again though, Marro Warriors (plus Isamu) might be better there to help out against squads.

Aldin June 1st, 2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorthan313 (Post 836058)
Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 835997)
Quote:

Anyways:

Atlaga 90
Taelord 270
UP x2 390
Raelin 1 470
MoU x3 600

Yes, the MoU are Minions. Thanks for the correction! In that army, the three support characters(Atlaga, Taelord, and Raelin) boost everyone in that army expect for themselves.
Raelin boosts Taelord, Atlaga, and the Protectors' defense to five, and the Minions' defense to eight. Atlaga boosts both squads' move to five, and the two heroes' movement to seven. Taelord boosts the Minions' attack to three, Raelin's attack to four(Though you probably won't be using raelin to go on the offensive), Atlaga's attack to five, and the Protectors' attack to four.
Atlaga's bonus allows everyone to get to height quicker, and raelin and Taelord help make sure nobody can knock you from that position:twisted:!

Uh, 900 points, actually - you only added 120 for 2xProtectors.

~Aldin, who can buy a lotta dragons for 900 points