Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   General (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Broke my ankle (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=38241)

Sureno214 November 2nd, 2011 12:29 AM

Broke my ankle

Any hints on helping it heal faster, hurt less? It's in a splint at the moment.

Claws of Death November 2nd, 2011 12:51 AM

Re: Broke my ankle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureno214 (Post 1507603)

All you can do is wait and be cautious. No strenuous physical activities for a while now, and try to avoid rushing. If you try to do anything more than walk, you might damage it again, so be extremely gentle. Otherwise, all you can do is let nature take its course and deal with the impedements that come with it.

Out of curiousity, how did you break your ankle in the first place?

Sureno214 November 2nd, 2011 01:16 AM

Please don't down rep me for this because it's so stupid. I was practicing Parkour and got spooked, so I didn't land the jump well. I guess Parkour isn't for me. There goes my basketball group for a couple of weeks, and I was just beginning to get to play point guard more too...

Uprising November 2nd, 2011 09:28 AM

Rub a little Robitussin on it.

screwDriver November 2nd, 2011 10:03 AM

More playing time for Heroscape.

Bannister November 2nd, 2011 10:47 AM

You'd better run that under some cold tap water, and put some butter on it.

Mr. Anderson

jbbnbsmith November 2nd, 2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureno214 (Post 1507623)
Please don't down rep me for this because it's so stupid. I was practicing Parkour and ...

So you broke your ankle in 2006?

Seriously though, hope you are feeling better soon. As others have said, give it time.

nate the dawg November 3rd, 2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureno214 (Post 1507623)
Please don't down rep me for this because it's so stupid. I was practicing Parkour and got spooked, so I didn't land the jump well. I guess Parkour isn't for me. There goes my basketball group for a couple of weeks, and I was just beginning to get to play point guard more too...

Don't feel stupid; this past summer I had to take 7+ weeks off work because I had broken a tiny bone between the middle tarsil and meta-tarsil on my left foot. My chosen method of self-harm: I erred while hopping a child-gate at home, catching my toes in the mesh of the gate and ripping it from its anchors!

Injuries suck, but in the end it's all :lol:.

screwDriver November 3rd, 2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate the dawg (Post 1508280)
catching my toes in the mesh of the gate and ripping it from its anchors!

Ouch! That sounds really painful man.

Jim November 3rd, 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureno214 (Post 1507603)

Maybe you should chenge the http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...TNhxG3MRDvMMtA in your sig to something else? :D

Sureno214 November 7th, 2011 09:49 AM

The swelling has decreased. You know what blows though? I got this boot that the physician said would expedite the healing of my ankle, I want it to heal faster to get back to basketball, and it cost $400. My wallet is in so much pain right now, good thing I got some Vicodin for it ;)

Jim November 7th, 2011 11:35 AM

Don't rush it though. You certainly don't want to get back to doing things that put stress on it any sooner than your ankle can handle the stress. Otherwise you might end up with a permanent reminder of it. :(