Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33458)

Tiranx September 15th, 2012 04:42 PM

Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanieLoche (Post 1675172)
Hello everybody.

Finally, here is the new version of Kheris Fehn that I what to submit to SoV.

We work very hard to test it and fix every problem!
We made more than 10 tests, and dalu created some simulation's software to test Kheris virtually so, we could count almost 10 000 tests with Kheris against each dragon (with and without greenscales), with statistics :o. To learn more about that, I invite you to see in the Kheris' French topic. ;) (but you'll have to create an account!).

Finally, the main chages are the cost of Kheris Fehn, raised to 120 pts and the bonus versus dragons: +2 (before, +3), to avoid a dragon killer hero too much effective.

So, here is the new card, enjoy! ;)

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2...sfehnvf.th.png

We will work in the biography when we'll see the Nhah Scirh from C3V, to create something coherent. ;)

Nice I really like him and can see how could be a really fun counter to dragons.

Seb from space September 15th, 2012 06:39 PM

Slayer jump is also very useful to attack Kurrok, Raelin, Haduc or Su Bak Na...

ZBeeblebrox September 15th, 2012 06:44 PM

I vote Yes to review Kheris Fehn

Super Bogue September 15th, 2012 09:16 PM

So what is the attack dice roll called when Kheris Fehn uses Deflection? Is it an attack or is it something else?

awesomeunleashed September 15th, 2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Bogue (Post 1675384)
So what is the attack dice roll called when Kheris Fehn uses Deflection? Is it an attack or is it something else?

It's like Dying Swipe. I think the "in this way" is to make sure that players don't get it confused with the skulls rolled in the actual attack.

Dad_Scaper September 15th, 2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

It clearly isn't an attack.

By process of elimination it is therefore a "something else."

Super Bogue September 15th, 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed (Post 1675387)
Quote:

It's like Dying Swipe. I think the "in this way" is to make sure that players don't get it confused with the skulls rolled in the actual attack.

Yeah, that makes sense. I vote :up: to review of Kheris Fehn.

dalu September 16th, 2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

awesomeunleashed and Dad_Scaper are right.

Deflection is a Special Power which is neither a Special Attack nor a Normal Attack enhancer.

Super Bogue September 16th, 2012 04:34 PM

Dashi Tokainto by Qt.bangerang

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n6101KGPsG...o_Gray_RD2.jpg

Balance : Statwise Dashi Tokainto compares best with Dünd. The Doggin has one more point of Attack than Dashi otherwise they are an exact match. That being said Dünd can be a troubling comparison. Powerwise Kato Katsuro would be a better comparison, since they have very similar powers (Kato Katsuro’s Command and Dishonorable Leadership). It is true that their powers are similar; however, the difference in effectiveness between the two is great. Dashi is not going to allow you to attack with 8 4 times at 6 range with 3 attack dice each time. He can get you 3 attacks of 4 attack dice, but that is the top end of the damage potential of Dishonorable Leadership. Is he balanced at 120 points? Yes, since he is definitely better than Dünd but not close to Kato Katsuro. Pass

Playability : Dashi Tokainto and the rest of the Heroscape ninjas make a nice 500 point army that covers 9 spaces. I enjoyed playing these figures as a group; however, it’s not an army that you are going to win a tournament with. They struggled against strong armies of various kinds. The Steamroller flattened them. Critical Mass blew them up. But against less competitive armies they held their own. One particular enjoyable moment was when Dashi Tokainto took out five Einar Imperium with Counter Strike. He does gives the best boost to Shiori, since he lets her used Concentrated Will all the time (he gets all the numbered order markers and she get the X). None of the other ninjas are particularly helped by his leadership other than the fact that they can attack in tandem. There were times where he seemed like a four wheel to the Ninjas of Northern Wind trio.
Amongst the other ninja, the League Assassin figure does look like a leader. His base attack of two fits since his only visible weapon is his little kunai. Another point of life would have been good, but none of the other ninja have more than 4 Life. Pass

Creativity : Dashi Tokainto plays in an entirely different way than any of the other ninjas. He is plays as lure. The other army rushes at him and attacks. He defends, maybe striking down a foe with Counter Strike, retreats, and orders other ninjas to move up and attack. The way Qt.bangerang design his interaction with the other ninjas is the strongest part of the design’s creativity. Pass

Theme : One thing that I want to mention in regards to his theme. He fights for Valkrill. Now, I agree that Valkrill is a better general for him than Aquilla (the only other general lacking a ninja). But Dashi Tokainto with a disciplined personality and leading a group of disciplined or tricky personalities doesn’t fit the mold of Valkrill’s evil chaos as the Mezzodemons or Horn Skull Brutes do. Perhaps he would fit better with Utgar or Vydar? Or maybe just a different personality could be used? Really this is just a minor quip. The theme of the design overall fits very well within Heroscape. Certainly if the game continued in production, we would have seen a ninja for Valkrill and/or a ninja to band the rest of the ninjas together as a fighting unit. Pass

Accessibility : I found 40 with a quick abprices.com search. That will work for a unique hero. Pass

Overall, Dashi Tokainto brings something that was missing from the Heroscape table: a leader the existing ninjas that bands them into a single fighting force. Other than a few minor complaints, I really like this design and was thrilled to test it. I vote YES to inducting Dashi Tokainto into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

nyys September 16th, 2012 07:29 PM

:up: to review Kheris Fehn. I am concerned about the complexity, but I want to see how it turns out.

Foudzing September 17th, 2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Bogue (Post 1675859)
Dashi is not going to allow you to attack with 8 times at 6 range with 3 attack dice each time.

Kato does not too... You have to take a turn with one squad of Ashigarus Harquebus and one squad of Ashigarus Yaris, not 2 squads of Ashigarus Harquebus...

:roll:

Quote:

He can get you 3 attacks of 4 attack dice, but that is the top end of the damage potential of Dishonorable Leadership.

You can get way more with the special attacks of Moriko and Kumiko (3 attacks of 3 dices with Kumiko then 2 attacks of 3dices with Moriko).
But I agree with you, it's still not a big deal.

Anyway I like this custom quite a lt, hope he will go threw SoV even I'll not buy him (I have a lack of Ninjas)

And I sincerely thanks those who give interest to Kheris Fehn, I hope he'll satisfy you!

Super Bogue September 17th, 2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foudzing (Post 1676408)
Quote:

Dashi is not going to allow you to attack with 8 times at 6 range with 3 attack dice each time.

Kato does not too... You have to take a turn with one squad of Ashigarus Harquebus and one squad of Ashigarus Yaris, not 2 squads of Ashigarus Harquebus...

You're right about that. I'll correct that.

Quote:

Quote:

He can get you 3 attacks of 4 attack dice, but that is the top end of the damage potential of Dishonorable Leadership.

You can get way more with the special attacks of Moriko and Kumiko (3 attacks of 3 dices with Kumiko then 2 attacks of 3dices with Moriko).
But I agree with you, it's still not a big deal.
It's really the same either way. If all the Ninjas of Northern Wind have height, then you have 3 attacks of 5 compared to those 5 attacks of 3.

Quote:

Anyway I like this custom quite a lt, hope he will go threw SoV even I'll not buy him (I have a lack of Ninjas)
Most of the ninjas are from wave 8 so there are a bunch still floating around. You should be able to get a hold of them.

Quote:

And I sincerely thanks those who give interest to Kheris Fehn, I hope he'll satisfy you!
He certainly looks interesting.