Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis August 29th, 2015 06:11 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2042390)
Once we get a card mock up, I would be glad to do some Play testing on this guy to get him balanced. I'll do it in the HOSS format that I know and love. That way we can keep a rolling in this thread.

Already did a mock up, no points on the card yet as thats what we need to figure out

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psqpic1eze.jpg[/QUOTE]

Dysole August 29th, 2015 07:21 PM

Point Guard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2041755)
@JcMinis, lemme see what these two look like on that background or if you want me to GIMP it up I can do it as well. For point cost, I'm looking at him and he's basically got Elaria's stats with 1 more life and 1 less move. He's admittedly got a decently powerful Special Attack and less survivability combined with potential negatives. I think 45 is a great starting spot.

~Dysole, who likes ending in 5 as Doof doesn't really play nicely with others

~Dysole, remindingly

TREX August 30th, 2015 10:03 AM

I'll see about doing a couple tests tonight to see if he feels good around 45pts. I'll post the PT's in this thread.

McHotcakes September 3rd, 2015 10:52 PM

So I finally managed to get in some play tests with Doofenschmirtz today. I ran Doofenschmirtz at 45 points and my gut instinct tells me he's about 10-15 points under priced. He is a really big swing unit and could either be a huge asset of total dud all depending on 5 attack dice in a one time roll.

The Tri-state Doominator can hit up to 37 spaces at once. That's a pretty massive aoe especially with 5 attack dice. I ran four games with Doofenschmirtz and his Tri-state Doominator was the deciding factor in three of them.

The first game Doofenschmirtz didn't even get a single order marker placed on him. His teammates got some lucky attack rolls and ended the whole game before he could get out.

The second game Doofenschmirtz rolled for the Doominator and dealt a grand total of 1 wounds. Not very impressive. Needless to say his team was soon over run and taken out.

Onto game three where Doof's power really shined through. He was able to take out all three Nakita agents and 2 gorillinators in a single strike, devastating his opponent. He even managed to bum rush a krav maga and take him out before dying on the next turn, but at that point he had already earned triple his own points.

Game four had a similar situation. Doofenschmirtz took out all three Krav and wounded Skahen before dying. But that was a solid hundred points he took out, more than double his own.

Overall Doofenschmirtz worked well, almost too well. I acknowledge that he only has one good attack in him, but that attack packs quite a wallop. Doofenschmirtz is supposed to be a bumbling bad guy, he's never really a threat, just an annoyance. And from that perspective Doof feels too strong. Also him having 3 attack, the same as the highly trained Krav Maga felt off. Doof isn't a fighter he's a schemer.

Over all I would recommend dropping his attack by 1 and raising his points by 15 maybe even 20. Just my thoughts.

Dysole September 3rd, 2015 11:33 PM

Zanks

Dropping attack is fine by me. I lowballed him but if it turns out the power isn't that big of a drawback we either make it easier for him to screw up or increase his point value. Either would work for me but the former might be more thematic. (e.g. roll no matter what but give a bonus if the nemesis is within 3 spaces)

~Dysole, observationally

TREX September 16th, 2015 01:56 PM

Where are we at on Doofenshmirtz, @Dysole , did you want to tweak him a little before I do a Play Test on him. I'm going to do some games tonight for HOSS units tonight and would be glad to do a couple of games for him afterwards. Let me know on the possible changes.

Dysole September 17th, 2015 02:43 AM

Sure

Sorry. Driving all day. How about these changes?

1. Make the roll automatic (1-2 opponent chooses space)
2. If Nemesis is within 3 spaces add 9 to the roll.

I can probably write up a more thematic power but you know tiredness and whatnot.

~Dysole, glad we're moving again here

TREX October 11th, 2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

DR. HEINZ DOOFENSHMIRTZ

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
SCIENTIST
TORMENTED

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3
50 points

NEMESIS
At the start of the game, you must choose an opponent's Unique Hero, if possible, to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, he must be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. After taking a turn with Dr. Doofenshmirtz, your opponent may move normally with Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis.

BEHOLD THE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK. Range Special. Attack 5.

Choose a space within 5 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz.Roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 4 or less, the player who controls Dr. Doofenshmirtz's nemesis may choose the targeted space. If Dr. Doofenshmirts nemesis is within 3 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz subtract 9 from your roll. All figures within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold the Tri-State Area Destructinator! Special Attack. If an opponent chose the targeted space, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is also affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. All figures roll defense dice separately. Behold the Tri-State Area Destructinator! Special Attack may only be used once per game.
This is what I'm going to run the tests at. @Dysole , I'll add the PT's to this post when I'm done in a spoiler tab.

Dysole October 11th, 2015 03:36 PM

Eh

Make it a 1-4 roll and it messes up.

~Dysole, informationally

TREX October 11th, 2015 03:57 PM

Added it to the above post, does that look good? I'm going to do these tests here soon today. I would like this thread to continue, it has been somewhat dead for awhile. It needs an energy drink!:)

Dysole October 11th, 2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trex (Post 2049393)
BEHOLD THE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK. Range Special. Attack 5.

Choose a space within 5 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz's nemesis is within 3 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz, rRoll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 4 or less, the player who controls Dr. Doofenshmirtz's nemesis may choose the targeted space. If Dr. Doofenshmirts nemesis is within 3 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz subtract 9 from your roll. All figures within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold the Tri-State Area Destructinator! Special Attack. If an opponent chose the targeted space, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is also affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. All figures roll defense dice separately. Behold the Tri-State Area Destructinator! Special Attack may only be used once per game.

[/quote]

TREX October 11th, 2015 05:36 PM

Ok, fixed it on my previous post, now I'll run the tests.:)