Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred September 16th, 2021 08:58 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2480974)

EDIT: There were no Wizards in the game, so she didn't realize her full potential. Still, at 70 points she was worth drafting.

I hope the power is a flavor bonus, not a feel bad for when it doesn't happen.
She should be good enough, perhaps slightly overcosted without the power, and funbutter when it's active

Tornado September 16th, 2021 11:48 AM

Totally stealing funbutter.

JC McMinis September 16th, 2021 10:43 PM

So besides adding Princess to Ariel's title are we changing anything else

Taeblewalker September 16th, 2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2481084)

I don't think so. She is meant as a counter draft against Wizards to a point, but her other powers are a good complement to your army if you have Barbarians and Gladiators, even if your opponent doesn't have Wizards. I think she's fine as she is. Simply put, don't draft her unless you also draft Thundarr and Ookla and/or if your opponent is fielding Wizards.

Confred September 17th, 2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2481087)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2481084)

I don't think so. She is meant as a counter draft against Wizards to a point, but her other powers are a good complement to your army if you have Barbarians and Gladiators, even if your opponent doesn't have Wizards. I think she's fine as she is. Simply put, don't draft her unless you also draft Thundarr and Ookla and/or if your opponent is fielding Wizards.

Which, I believe is acceptable?

Today is vote due date
My goal is to knock out unrelated workload and get a playtest in
Three thumbs up to approve design

Taeblewalker September 17th, 2021 05:37 PM

:thumbsup:

Shiftrex September 17th, 2021 09:46 PM

Thumbs up :D

Confred September 17th, 2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiftrex (Post 2481171)
Thumbs up :D

Hate/love to be a stickler but rules be rules, literally needs to be thumbs emoji

Two ups extends vote deadline to Sunday. I finished my major commitments, moving to Tabletop Simulator to get in a test

Confred September 17th, 2021 11:51 PM

ENERGY RINGS (Current)
If an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces attacks Ariel or a friendly Barbarian or Gladiator within 5 clear sight spaces of Ariel, you may reveal and remove an X order marker that is on this card to immediately end the turn.

ENERGY RINGS (variant - immediately - moved forward)
If an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces attacks Ariel or a friendly Barbarian or Gladiator within 5 clear sight spaces of Ariel, you may immediately reveal and remove an X order marker that is on this card to end the turn.

I used to be able to cite any power on a dime - Forgot where I got the placement for "immediately" : but when playing against Warforged Soldiers, we wondered the timing. If the immediately were moved forward, it would be pretty clear when

Taeblewalker September 18th, 2021 12:02 AM

The change looks good.

Confred September 18th, 2021 12:10 AM

After a playtest, a single test mind you, she couldn't scratch the Warforged Resolve, but even solo her powers feel like they're saucy yet appropriate. Bridge moves over snow, value magnifies with friendlies. Rings 1x every round are powerful, even more so when friendlies added in - but they aren't everything (which is good).
Butter is real.

My note before vote is placement of "immediately" in Energy Rings

@SirGalahad @Tornado @Sir Yeshua @Zetsubo @Knox @Shiftrex @JC McMinis @Taeblewalker @machinekng @McHotcakes @CJtheMighty @Barry allen @Dysole

Tornado September 18th, 2021 07:25 AM

:thumbsup: