Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Yellowjacket (Huge) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47403)

quozl January 12th, 2013 01:09 AM

The Book of Yellowjacket (Huge)

The Book of Yellowjacket (Huge)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 19
PATRIOT GAMES

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Forces set.
Its model number and name are #019-021 / Yellowjacket

Character Bio - For several years, Pym had been in love with Janet van Dyne, but because of his repressed personality, and her abundant wealth, he resisted marrying her. One day while working in his laboratory, whilst thinking of the fact that he wanted to marry van Dyne but couldn't, Pym accidentally dropped and smashed some vials containing various unknown gases. The released gases wreaked a radical temporary personality change in Pym, what could be seen as a severe case of schizophrenia. He took the new identity of Yellowjacket, claimed that he had murdered Henry Pym, kidnapped van Dyne, and proposed marriage to her, as Pym had long wanted to do. Realizing that Yellowjacket was really Pym, Van Dyne decided to play along, fearing that she would worsen his psychological condition if she did otherwise. [Marvel wiki]

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Yellowjacket is a single-based figure.
  • When Yellowjacket's chosen Hero receives one or more wounds, for the rest of that round when Yellowjacket attacks, he must attack all figures within 2 spaces, if he possibly can. All the normal Heroscape rules for attacking apply.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

quozl January 12th, 2013 01:09 AM

Re: The Book of Yellowjacket (Giant-sized): Design phase

NAME = YELLOWJACKET
SECRET IDENTITY = HANK PYM

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 190

UNHEALTHY OBSESSION
At the start of the game, you must choose another Unique Hero you control. Yellowjacket adds 2 to his Attack number when the chosen Hero is within 2 clear sight spaces. If the chosen Hero receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, Yellowjacket is considered Obsessed for the remainder of the round. While Yellowjacket is Obsessed, after moving on his turn, he must attack each figure within 2 spaces, if possible.

GIGANTIC REACH
Yellowjacket may add 1 to his range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than his height or 6 levels lower than his base.

GIANT DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not huge, if you roll at least one shield, the most wounds Yellowjacket can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

quozl January 12th, 2013 02:55 AM

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Earth-616).jpg

A3n January 12th, 2013 03:37 AM

Looks good to me. Your guesstimated points seems way low but that will sort itself out later. :up:

SirGalahad January 12th, 2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1743608)
UNHEALTHY OBSESSION
At the start of the game, you must choose a Unique Hero you control. Yellowjacket adds 1 to his Attack and Defense values and subtracts 3 from his Move value when the chosen Hero is within 2 clear sight spaces. If the chosen Hero receives one or more wounds, for the rest of that round when Yellowjacket attacks, he must attack all figures within 2 spaces, if possible. Roll each attack separately.

Need to determine when the Move number is subtracted from. If he starts his move within 2 spaces and then moves away from the chosen Hero, does he regain his Move number since he is no longer within 2 spaces of the chosen Hero? Modifying the Attack and Defense numbers is fine since those are determined when he is stationary.

Also, the timing of the "must attack all figures within 2 spaces" seems unclear. If he is so obsessed and now distraught that his obsession has been wounded, should he get to move and then go on his tirade? And attacking friendly figures as well? Just checking.

johnny139 January 12th, 2013 12:09 PM

I'm not sure how Unhealthy Obsession would work if he's engaged, too. I feel like there's some mechanical murkiness there.

quozl January 12th, 2013 01:38 PM

UNHEALTHY OBSESSION
At the start of the game, you must choose a Unique Hero you control. Yellowjacket adds 1 to his Attack and Defense values when the chosen Hero is within 2 clear sight spaces. If the chosen Hero receives one or more wounds, for the rest of that round when Yellowjacket attacks, he must attack all figures within 2 spaces, if possible. Roll each attack separately.

It might be easier to just drop the Move reduction entirely. I do want him to attack everyone, including friendly figures and his chosen hero.

quozl January 14th, 2013 12:25 PM

1st ERB:

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Yellowjacket

Not certain if I can do an ERB right now, because I did not visit Sushi Train this past weekend. I'm pretty certain the gimmick has worn and I'm ready to obsess over something else. Wrong!!! Sushi Train is awesome!!!

I did have a bowl of pho for the first time in a long while, and I've forgotten how wonderful it is. But, a design is on my desk, so let's get this underway!

Unhealthy Obsession

:rofl:

Honestly, I had typed the intro before looking at the titles, and I now see this. Yes, I have obsessions.

The wording wouldn't prevent you from choosing Yellowjacket himself at the start of the game, though the bonus would be useless if you did.

In the case where the chosen Hero is wounded, suppose Yellowjacket is adjacent to one figure, and there are two other figures 2 spaces away. Would you be able to attack the two figures not adjacent, or would the adjacent figure prevent the ranged attacks? If the adjacent figure would prevent the ranged attacks, would you be able to attack the 2 ranged figures if your attack against the adjacent figure destroys it?

Interesting side effect: since Yellowjacket will want the chosen figure within 2 spaces to trigger the bonus, he'll be forced to attack that figure when that chosen figure is wounded. Yikes! Yellowjacket could prevent this by moving away from the chosen figure.

Gigantic Reach

You'll need this to grab the plate of Dragon Rolls off the sushi conveyor. Sorry, my unhealthy obsession is acting up.

Giant Man's Gigantic Reach is worded differently and reads more clearly than this version. Otherwise, this is a vetted ability.

Giant Defense

Also vetted.

Final Thoughts

It's amazing how exchanging one ability can completely change the way a figure plays, and that's certainly the case with this compared to Giant-Man. I can certainly identify with Unhealthy Obsession, but come on! Sushi delivered throughout the restaurant on a conveyor is fantastic!

I thought I had copied and pasted Gigantic Reach from Giant-Man. I'll fix that. EDIT: I did but it was from Giant-Man's SP, not his card. I'll fix it here and there. Also fixing Unhealthy obsession so you choose another hero.

As for attacking all figures, should I put it in the Clarifications section that the attacking rules follow the normal Heroscape rules?

Spidey'tilIDie January 14th, 2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1744710)
I thought I had copied and pasted Gigantic Reach from Giant-Man. I'll fix that. EDIT: I did but it was from Giant-Man's SP, not his card. I'll fix it here and there.

That's probably on me, quozl. Sorry I missed that! :oops:

IAmBatman January 16th, 2013 11:59 PM

Not digging Unhealthy Obsession boosting his defense - I'd prefer it just boost his attack (he's being more aggressive, not more defensive/cautious).

Also, not sure the mechanics are completely clear. Does Azrael's precedence help here at all?

A3n January 17th, 2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1746262)
Not digging Unhealthy Obsession boosting his defense - I'd prefer it just boost his attack (he's being more aggressive, not more defensive/cautious).

Also, not sure the mechanics are completely clear. Does Azrael's precedence help here at all?

I would go along with that.

quozl January 17th, 2013 01:42 AM

I'm good with that if we up the attack bonus to 2. I don't think 1 is enough of an incentive.

So something like this then?

UNHEALTHY OBSESSION
At the start of the game, you must choose another Unique Hero you control. Yellowjacket adds 2 to his Attack value when the chosen Hero is within 2 clear sight spaces. If the chosen Hero receives one or more wounds, for the rest of that round, Yellowjacket must attack all figures within 2 clear sight spaces, if possible. Roll each attack separately.