Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Venom Workshop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58957)

Ronin April 17th, 2021 11:37 AM

Venom Workshop

Completed Designs

The Venom Symbiote
Red Hulk (Spirit of Vengeance)
Spider-Man (Symbiote)
Venom (Eddie Brock)
Venom (Eddie Brock) (II)
Venom (Flash Thompson)
Venom (Mac Gargan)
Venom (Symbiote)

Venomverse
Poison (Peter Parker)
Venom (Pigeon)
Venom (Rocket Raccoon)

Carnage's Family
Carnage
Carnage (II)
Carrion
Demogoblin
Doppelganger
Shriek

Other Venom Characters
Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock)
Crime-Master
Toxin (Pat Mulligan)

Glyphs and Miscellany
Sonic Gun

Write-Ups
Mania (Ronin)

Life Foundation Symbiotes (Kid Arachnid)
Riot (Ronin)

Venom (Bruce Banner) (FreshFoods)
Venom (James Howlett) (Kid Arachnid)
Venom (Stephen Strange) (redstang)
Venom (Steve Rogers) (Kid Arachnid)
Venom (T'Challa) (FreshFoods)

Poison Doctor Doom (Kid Arachnid)

redstang April 17th, 2021 11:45 AM

Re: Venom Workshop - Currently Developing Venomverse!

I am very excite! (Borat accent)

redstang April 18th, 2021 08:51 AM

I was thinking a Venomverse Wolverine and Black Panther would be easy figure mods, I just don't have any ideas for write-ups for them yet.

Ronin April 18th, 2021 09:35 AM

Yeah, I think Wolverine and Panther are pretty simple. (Panther especially)

In general most of the principal Venomverse characters aren't too out there in terms of stuff you could just paint up. Mania is the only one that sticks out to me as a character that might be tricky (which is unfortunate since I really like her).

Lord Pyre April 19th, 2021 10:14 AM

Hey were we going to use the name "Venom" as synergy here? I know Ronin mentioned that as a possibility at some point.

Ronin April 19th, 2021 10:22 AM

I think my loose plan for Mania was to have her be a Venom sidekick.

It looks like what we've got down for Strange and Cap is just keying on Symbiotes broadly (which makes sense to me).

So... some Venom synergy, but it's probably not gonna be the central thing for Venomverse.

Ronin April 19th, 2021 10:39 AM

Here's what I had down for Mania, with a couple little updates, for reference:

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/FjYOPZL.png
The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = MANIA
SECRET IDENTITY = ANDI BENTON

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = ANGRY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

DARKSOUL
Mania has the species of Demon in addition to what is listed on this card. After Mania attacks a figure with her normal attack, you may place a Wound Marker on this card. If you do, the defending figure receives a wound.

VENOM SIDEKICK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero named Venom that you control and taking a turn with that Hero, if that Hero is within 6 clear sight spaces of Mania, you may take an immediate turn with Mania. You may not take any additional turns.

SWING LINE 4
Instead of her normal move, Mania may move up to 4 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Mania has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH
Bio - Andi Benton was a student and neighbor to Flash Thompson during his time as Agent Venom. An attack on Flash's home left her father dead and Andi bonded to a symbiote: in order to protect her during the fight, the Venom symbiote ejected the clone of itself that it had absorbed years before, and bonded it to Andi. But that wasn't the only surprise: the symbiote clone also came with the curse of a Hell-Mark, giving Andi demonic powers. The newly-christened "Mania" soon began operating as a vigilante, under Flash's tutelage.

Lord Pyre April 19th, 2021 10:43 AM

That's cool! Makes for a nasty one-two punch.

FreshFoods April 19th, 2021 12:22 PM

Really like the Mania. She doesn't have a Heroclix figure? That's pretty surprising.

Here's the characters that show up the in the Venomverse comics and don't have a design already made or workshopped ;

Venom (Wolverine)
Venom (X-23)
Venom (Blank Panther)
Venom (Ant-Man)
Venom (Deadpool)
Venom (Robbie Reyes, Ghost Rider)
Venom (Mary Jane Watson)
Venom (Punisher)
Venom (Doctor Doom)
Venom (Ngozi)

The last 3 were in a single comics so probably don't have much to work with, but most of these characters didn't really do a ton themselves. I'm trying to write up a Blank Panther design, it'll probably be a Blank Panther x Venom powerset for the most part. Maybe with some "Symbiote Leap" power or something.

Ronin April 19th, 2021 01:28 PM

Yeah, Mania didn't get a clix - I was hoping she'd get one in the Carnage set, but they tackled Andi as Scream instead (due to easier sculpt reusability, I'd guess).

Anyway, a lot of the characters get like one moment to shine tops, and they're pretty straight "normal character but Venom-y" types. I think they'll make fun designs, but a lot of what you're doing in tackling them is trying to interpret the mix of powers/personalities.

Tornado April 19th, 2021 01:40 PM

What is the story behind the Hell-Mark?
Do other characters have the Mark?

FreshFoods April 19th, 2021 02:54 PM

Quick writeup for Venom Black Panther. The first power is Stealth Pounce and Slashing Tendrils combined. Pretty simple, he chooses a target before swinging into them for some unblockables.

Quote:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b6/00...3f26ca8157.jpg
NAME = VENOM
SECRET IDENTITY = T’CHALLA

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ???
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SOMETHING ABOUT BEING A SNEAKY SYMBIOTE, SYMBIOTE ASSAULT?

Before taking a turn with Venom, you may choose a figure on the battlefield that Venom is not engaged with. If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Venom, or if there are 3 or more Wound Markers on this Army Card, before attacking the chosen figure normally, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure. You may continue rolling for Symbiote Assault until you do not roll a skull, to a max of 3 times.

TENDRIL SWING 3
Instead of his normal move, Venom may move up to 3 spaces with Tendril Swing. When moving with Tendril Swing, Venom has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Tendril Swing 3, you may use it one additional time.