Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

IAmBatman April 2nd, 2021 08:39 PM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 2457544)
Been digging Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Heh. I'll probably be watching that one in like June. :-P

Hahma April 2nd, 2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2457545)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 2457544)
Been digging Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Heh. I'll probably be watching that one in like June. :-P

Too many other things to watch?

Add Money Heist to the list :)

IAmBatman April 2nd, 2021 09:56 PM

Nah, I watch them with Mrs. Bats and she'll want to wait until they're all out and we have time to binge.

Hahma April 2nd, 2021 11:28 PM

Makes sense

Hahma April 25th, 2021 08:21 PM

Finished:

Money Heist - up to date through all seasons so far.
Falcon and Winter Soldier - through 1st season.
The Irregulars - through 1st season.

Shadow and Bone - through 5 episodes so far.

All really good.

IAmBatman April 25th, 2021 10:53 PM

Started watching "Them" on Amazon Prime. Ooof, take the content advisories very seriously! Saw some stuff I can't unsee. :-P

Lord Pyre April 26th, 2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2461178)
Started watching "Them" on Amazon Prime. Ooof, take the content advisories very seriously! Saw some stuff I can't unsee. :-P

That sounded good, so after your comment I checked the IMDB parents guide and not sure I can stomach that. :p

IAmBatman April 26th, 2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 2461269)
Quote:

That sounded good, so after your comment I checked the IMDB parents guide and not sure I can stomach that. :p

I've already done it, but I can't honestly say it's an experience I'd recommend!

chas April 26th, 2021 03:04 PM

New WWII series on PBS. My Grandparents' War and Atlantic Crossing are both very good. In the first, British actors trace the history of their grandparents experiences during the war, most of which they had no idea about. In the second, the Queen of Norway flees the Nazis and comes to Washington D.C., where she becomes an intimate of FDR and influences his policy before the US enters the conflict--something I had no idea about.

Heroscaper Guy April 26th, 2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2461270)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 2461269)
Quote:

I've already done it, but I can't honestly say it's an experience I'd recommend!

I know, how can you unsee heavy petting? Edit: (yeah i scrolled way further down on the guide. Thats horrifying.)

IAmBatman April 26th, 2021 05:18 PM

Let's just say that for me the cat's out of the bag ... *shudder* Particularly effecting as a parent.

Hahma June 5th, 2021 08:23 PM

I watched both seasons of Love, Death and Robots on Netflix, which are a bunch of animated shorts (like 10-15 minutes each) that are each individual episodes and not linked. Different animation styles. Adult in nature for sure. I enjoyed most of them, as some were incredible and some were just ok.

Been watching The Bad Batch on Disney + . I'm really digging this animated Stars Wars series based on a special small unit of Clones, just as the Clone Wars concludes and they start their own story.

I watched season 1 of Marianne on Netflix, which is a horror themed series from France. It was really good, and I'm not generally a horror genre fan.

I'm on episode 6 of Ragnarok on Netflix. It's a Norwegian series which brings a new twist on Norse Mythology in the present day. I really like this show and am impressed by the quality of shows made in Europe. I've watched several European series and they have all been good.

Yodaking June 6th, 2021 02:26 PM

Vikings returned to History Channel last night for the final 1/2 season of the series. Two episodes to get things started.

I watched the first season of Love, Death, & Robots back when it came out. I thought it was a bit hit an miss. Some episodes I really, really liked a lot, while others I found myself skipping over after 5 minutes of watching.

chas June 6th, 2021 02:34 PM

Vikings is back? I thought I'd have to wait for the DVDs. Thanks!

Just checked with Barnes & Noble, and the DVDs are not out yet; maybe after their History Channel run...

nate the dawg June 10th, 2021 08:17 PM

Just finished the premier of Loki, and I gotta say I'm super excited to see where this goes. Regarding its impact on the greater MCU, it'll likely effect further shows/films, but my main interest is in the main character. Without giving specific spoilers, I really feel this single episode did as much (or more!) to humble Loki as the handful of films he has appeared in.

Looking forward to Wednesdays!

Splash June 10th, 2021 09:02 PM

I've been watching The Queen's Gambit on netflix, I'm loving it so far. Just watched first episode of Loki too and am also really excited to see the show is heading!

S1R_ART0R1US June 11th, 2021 01:12 AM

We recently travelled across the country (weird to see the Pacific in the morning and the Atlantic that same day at night) and downloaded some Netflix shows. Stargate SG-1 is on there and is always great (my wife actually watches this way more than me), and we also enjoyed Middleditch and Schwartz, long form improv comedy from the actors behind Jean Rafeo (sp?) from Parks and Rec and the main guy in Silicon Valley.

chas June 11th, 2021 04:46 AM

Just caught up on the Arrowverse: Supergirl, Flash, and DC Legends. I'm not feeling them like I used to do; they seem to just be going through the motions, and I'm not bothering with any new ones. I think we all know how this last season of Supergirl will end--the future with the Legion and Mon-El.

I'm also cutting back on Marvel stuff in general, although I'd be up for Dr. Strange, Thor, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

And especially Eternals. They threw me a real curve when they made Angelique Jolie Thena instead of Sersi; (for which she would have been so perfect) but we'll see how that goes. If nothing else, it should be different, since I seem to be generally superheroed out!

:mrgreen: I expect future Black Widow news to now come from SNL's Weekend Update...

Tornado June 11th, 2021 06:44 AM

I would check out Superman & Lois. It is very well done. I also really enjoyed Black Lightning. It is a very short run, so it paces pretty well.

Hahma June 11th, 2021 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate the dawg (Post 2468507)
Just finished the premier of Loki, and I gotta say I'm super excited to see where this goes. Regarding its impact on the greater MCU, it'll likely effect further shows/films, but my main interest is in the main character. Without giving specific spoilers, I really feel this single episode did as much (or more!) to humble Loki as the handful of films he has appeared in.

Looking forward to Wednesdays!

I also enjoyed Loki and look forward to Wednesdays, as well as Fridays for The Bad Batch.

chas June 11th, 2021 07:37 AM

There is a fun series On Demand on the Smithsonian Channel called Inside The Tower of London.

I've also seen the first two Vikings episodes of their final season as mentioned above on History Channel. There will be a sequel show, but by different people, on later Norse heroes.

Hahma June 12th, 2021 07:39 AM

I started watching Sweet Tooth on Netflix. Jabe gotten through the first 2 episodes and I dig it. It's a different take on the post apocalyptic genre.

Hahma July 12th, 2021 12:07 PM

I finished Sweet Tooth and really enjoyed it.

Still enjoying Loki and the Bad Batch.

I watched both seasons of Black Summer and really enjoyed it. It's a prequel to Z Nation, which I haven't seen. I guess Z Nation had some humor, but Black Summer is pretty dark and has no humor. It basically takes place right after the outbreak of whatever turns people to zombies. Unlike The Walking Dead, the zombies in this show turn really quick upon death, and they move really fast and somewhat smarter or more instinctual than the ones in TWD.

Unlike TWD, Black Summer show a lot of the smaller level details of trying to survive. Hunger, trying to get weapons, small groups of people fighting against each other. The road isn't safe, as people will carjack you or run you off the road to get your stuff. A lot of tough decisions and not much hope.

TREX July 12th, 2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 2473083)
I finished Sweet Tooth and really enjoyed it.

Still enjoying Loki and the Bad Batch.

I watched both seasons of Black Summer and really enjoyed it. It's a prequel to Z Nation, which I haven't seen. I guess Z Nation had some humor, but Black Summer is pretty dark and has no humor. It basically takes place right after the outbreak of whatever turns people to zombies. Unlike The Walking Dead, the zombies in this show turn really quick upon death, and they move really fast and somewhat smarter or more instinctual than the ones in TWD.

Unlike TWD, Black Summer show a lot of the smaller level details of trying to survive. Hunger, trying to get weapons, small groups of people fighting against each other. The road isn't safe, as people will carjack you or run you off the road to get your stuff. A lot of tough decisions and not much hope.

We also watched sweet tooth, bad batch, and Loki at our place. We just caught up with those that are currently out yesterday. I want to say that we had started watching znation and black summer but didn’t watch much of them for various reasons. One of which would have been that we didn’t want to watch it around our daughter then perhaps forgot about them. I did however watch the zombie movie the other day that stars Dave Batista. I was like a living encarnation of my Zombicide board game.😃 I may have to revisit znation and black summer.

Hahma July 12th, 2021 03:51 PM

I may have to check out the one with Dave Bautista.

Yodaking July 18th, 2021 10:43 PM

I've been watching HBO's The Wire again this summer, a couple of episodes at a time. Just finished up season 4 this weekend, with one season left to go. I think I'd forgotten how good, good story telling could actually be. It is a little amusing watching the early introduction of that era's technology though. I think I'm going to watch Rome again once I finish. It's been quite a while since I last watched it.

Hahma July 19th, 2021 12:00 PM

I'll have to check out The Wire.

I've been watching Schitt's Creek and love it. About 6 or so episodes into season 2.

Tornado August 9th, 2021 08:53 AM

Stranger Things. Season 3
Held off on this one knowing it would be forever for the next season.
They did a great job of representing the 80s. It all felt like a slow grind that was a bit too much like Slither for me. The ending was top notch though.

Taeblewalker August 9th, 2021 07:53 PM

The Star Trek NG movies are on right now. It just occurred to me that one of the actors on the Enterprise at the beginning of Generations played Tuvok on Voyager.

Hahma August 12th, 2021 09:16 AM

I watched What if? on Disney + last night. I enjoyed it. It was cool how they switched things up in this alternate outcome.

Hahma August 30th, 2021 12:37 PM

I started watching Ozark on Netflix. A few episodes in and I love it.

S1R_ART0R1US September 4th, 2021 01:05 PM

Started watching the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on HBO max. Such a great show (I know it’s old)!

IAmBatman September 4th, 2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US (Post 2479386)
Started watching the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on HBO max. Such a great show (I know it’s old)!

Definitely in the running for best title song for a show.

Taeblewalker September 4th, 2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2479398)
Quote:

My favorite title song is from WKRP in Cincinatti.

Tornado September 4th, 2021 11:10 PM

Great choice, the out song is pretty unique as well.

I think nothing can top the theme from Taxi also known as Angela from Bob James.

Beverly Hillbillies is fun.
Golden Girls has to be up there.
All in the Family is classic.

Personally I like Silver Spoons.

Hahma September 5th, 2021 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2479402)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2479403)

I think nothing can top the theme from Taxi also known as Angela from Bob James.

Those are are great. I'll through in Cheers as well.

And for music only theme song, I dig the ones from MASH and Barney Miller.

Tornado September 5th, 2021 08:02 AM

Great ones Hahma.
Cheers is super solid.

Rockford Files is a great instrumental.

Welcome Back Kotter is pretty catchy.

IAmBatman September 5th, 2021 08:57 AM

MASH is probably the best as just a straight up song, yeah.

SirGalahad September 5th, 2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 2478823)
I started watching Ozark on Netflix. A few episodes in and I love it.

Have watched this all the way through. Be prepared for some "Holy sh!t" moments.

IAmBatman September 5th, 2021 09:15 AM

Yep. Eagerly anticipating the next season of it.

Taeblewalker September 5th, 2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 2479417)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2479402)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2479403)

Those are are great. I'll through in Cheers as well.

And for music only theme song, I dig the ones from MASH and Barney Miller.

I used to play the Barney Miller song on my friend's bass.

chas September 6th, 2021 10:45 AM

There used to be vinyl collections of popular TV theme songs, sometimes grouped by genre on a disk or two. They were fun to listen to, although I don't recall collecting any of them! I have an old tape of movie War Themes, although some of their selections were odd.

AMIS September 6th, 2021 06:24 PM

Rawhide!

Agent Minivann September 20th, 2021 02:34 AM

Miami Vice opening theme song. That is all.

IAmBatman September 20th, 2021 09:00 AM

Really enjoying season 3 of Titans on HBO Max. Probably my favorite season of the show yet. Helps that they have probably my favorite character in comics (Tim Drake) involved, but it's really the acting turn of Vincent Kartheiser (Pete Campbell from Mad Men) that's making the season for me.

Hahma October 23rd, 2021 07:25 PM

I've been really enjoying the series Maid on Netflix. It's really hard to watch emotionally, but well worth it.

Taeblewalker October 23rd, 2021 08:48 PM

I just watched Venom. I enjoyed it far more than I believed I would. It made me believe in movies again.

AndreThaGiant October 26th, 2021 12:24 AM

I've been watching BARRY on Hulu (HBO Original). Bill Hader is a hitman who discovers he has a passion for acting, and the follows his process of attempting to switch careers. If you like dark humor, you'll love this show.