Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

krysto2002 July 6th, 2010 07:36 PM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Right now, at this very second, I'm watching Warehouse 13. I've never really watched it until now, but it's great.

NecroBlade July 6th, 2010 09:02 PM

I'll be flipping back and forth between that (good show, was watching the marathon earlier) and Deadliest Warrior.

Dad_Scaper July 14th, 2010 10:58 AM

Psych! Season One on dvd. Looking forward to the new season starting tonight. This is a show that has gotten better with time, unlike The Mentalist, which started strong and seems to me to be slipping downward.

Uprising August 4th, 2010 12:01 PM

Anyone else watching "Louie" on FX? Hilarious. :lol:

Between that, Rescue Me, and Always Sunny, FX is starting to get all my TV time.

jschild August 4th, 2010 12:04 PM

Man, Always Sunny is like a truly evil version of Seinfeld. Love it.

Been heavily re-watching Futurama with my son and Buffy with my wife.

Fedex worker August 4th, 2010 12:45 PM

I like watching the TV series "The Colony"

It's about a group of people who are put into a post-apocalyptic world and have to survive. It's a good show.

ABOMINATION August 4th, 2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uprising (Post 1165040)

Between that, Rescue Me, and Always Sunny, FX is starting to get all my TV time.

Never heard of any of them, but I watched the first season of Archer, which is an FX show. Pretty funny, if you have the right sense of humor. ;)

jschild August 4th, 2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABOMINATION (Post 1165099)
Quote:

Never heard of any of them, but I watched the first season of Archer, which is an FX show. Pretty funny, if you have the right sense of humor. ;)

Watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia on either FX or Comedy Channel - But only if you want to see some truly awful people.

Killer Lawnmower August 4th, 2010 01:05 PM

I like just about anything on the History Channel, though I can only watch it at my g-parents because I don't have cable.

ABOMINATION August 4th, 2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 1165104)
Quote:

Quote:

Watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia on either FX or Comedy Channel - But only if you want to see some truly awful people.

As tempting as that sounds, I don't go around trying to find truly awful people. ;)

jschild August 4th, 2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABOMINATION (Post 1165115)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 1165104)
Quote:

Quote:

As tempting as that sounds, I don't go around trying to find truly awful people. ;)

It's for people who think...Wow....Seinfeld and his buddies are just too good of people. I need a show about people even stupider, more shallow and self-absorbed, than them. Also, lets make them blue collar chumps in philly. And make them totally irredeemable. And lets throw in Danny Devito just to pump it up a notch.

Killer Lawnmower August 7th, 2010 10:20 AM

House, NCIS, and NCIS L.A. are my favorites.

jschild September 21st, 2010 11:51 AM

Just finished watching Angel all the way through (had only previously watched the last season, mainly due to Spike joining the cast).

Must say the last episode hits harder this time around, most of all because of Wesley accepting Illyeria (sp?) request to lie to him. Don't think I've been so moved since Babylon 5 (best overall last episode ever, plus the most tragic line ever - All love is unrequited).

Would have loved to have seen him wrap up the series the way he wanted.

RabSheila September 21st, 2010 02:05 PM

Watched The Venture Bros. second episode from the newest season and Boardwalk Empire last night. Both were great.

Scapemage September 27th, 2010 03:08 PM

The Big Bang Theory! Who doesn't love a laugh? Also, Mike and Molly is pretty funny.

Edit: Can't forget teh Apprentice.

Jormi_Boced September 27th, 2010 04:47 PM

Watched Weeds and The Tester yesterday as well as some Digg Reel and the Ben Heck show.

Killer Lawnmower September 27th, 2010 06:02 PM

Everybody loves Raymond!!!

Swamper September 27th, 2010 06:32 PM

Mon: Chuck, Two and a Half Men
Tue: NCIS, NCIS LA
Wen: Criminal Minds
Thur: Big Bang Theory, $*^% My Dad Says, CSI

J4Jandar September 28th, 2010 07:44 PM

The Event (freakin' cool) and netflix for everything else. Oh yeah, the Military Channel too.

nate the dawg September 28th, 2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4Jandar (Post 1217121)
The Event (freakin' cool) and netflix for everything else. Oh yeah, the Military Channel too.

I'm curious about The Event, but all of the previews just give me a Flash Forward vibe, and I never really could get into that one. However, with Lost gone, and Smallville being pretty lackluster (in comparison to previous seasons), I've started getting into Supernatural. Some coworkers have been recommending that one to me for quite some time, and, now that I've seen most of the first season, I can see why.

J4Jandar September 28th, 2010 08:17 PM

I have heard about Supernatural but know little about it. I will check it out.

The Event bounces you around in time setting up the plot and back story but the premise seems really cool to me.

Jandarforever September 28th, 2010 08:18 PM

Just got done watching 1000 Ways to Die off of Spike TV. I've got to say I'm surprised that things get so graphic on that show. I know they warn people, but I kind of thought that stuff of that caliber was limited to horror movies.

That being said, I have to admit that that show is (very) morbidly hilarious. Many of those deaths are just so bizarre, that you can't help but chuckle. And of course, the way that they title the deaths is pretty funny.

J4Jandar September 28th, 2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jandarforever (Post 1217169)
Just got done watching 1000 Ways to Die off of Spike TV. I've got to say I'm surprised that things get so graphic on that show. I know they warn people, but I kind of thought that stuff of that caliber was limited to horror movies.

That being said, I have to admit that that show is (very) morbidly hilarious. Many of those deaths are just so bizarre, that you can't help but chuckle. And of course, the way that they title the deaths is pretty funny.

It's on right now here. My favorite one to mock is the Cow heart guy (ewwwwwwwe...) or the red haired dude that craved milk because his sick uncle tormented him while wearing a cow suit.

I have little faith in humanity's future. :lol:

Jandarforever September 28th, 2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4Jandar (Post 1217172)
Quote:

It's on right now here. My favorite one to mock is the Cow heart guy (ewwwwwwwe...) or the red haired dude that craved milk because his sick uncle tormented him while wearing a cow suit.

I thought for sure he'd die from some bacterial thing in the raw, un-pasteurized milk, but apparently not.

Personally, I liked the one with the lawyer who jumped out his skyscraper office.

nate the dawg September 28th, 2010 08:42 PM

[quote=Jandarforever;1217191]
Quote:

Originally Posted by J4Jandar (Post 1217172)
Quote:

Nah, my favorite was the one with the two stupid stoner kids that went strolling around in SoCal, looking for something to smoke. Who knew that poison oak causes your lungs to fill with fluid when smoked?:lol: Ahh...Darwinism in action (well, sorta!).

Darth Vader September 28th, 2010 08:47 PM

I'm watching the Office. Best show ever.

nate the dawg September 28th, 2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vader (Post 1217203)

Try watching the original. Same great, dry humor, but with all those quirky 'Britishisms'. Oh, and if your into Britcoms, check out The Inbetweeners. It follows a quartet of misfit teens, and is often as embarrassing to watch as a Ben Stiller flick!

Darth Vader September 28th, 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate the dawg (Post 1217216)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vader (Post 1217203)

Try watching the original. Same great, dry humor, but with all those quirky 'Britishisms'. Oh, and if your into Britcoms, check out The Inbetweeners. It follows a quartet of misfit teens, and is often as embarrassing to watch as a Ben Stiller flick!

I have watched the original several times. I don't speak very fluent British, so I have trouble catching everything. Its not bad at all, I'm just more into the American one.

'Scaper94 September 28th, 2010 10:00 PM

King of Queens for me. I love that show.

Wonderball68 September 28th, 2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 (Post 1217271)
King of Queens for me. I love that show.

ditto

RabSheila September 29th, 2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate the dawg (Post 1217216)
Oh, and if your into Britcoms...

Check out Extras if you haven't already. It's by the Gervais/Merchant team as well.

krysto2002 September 29th, 2010 08:46 PM

New episode of Mythbusters!!
Hurricane windows and fun with heads and liquid nitro... :twisted:

nate the dawg September 30th, 2010 12:14 AM

Just got done watching the season finale of Tosh.0; hilarious. The one clip in which the grease-monkey gets catapulted by a hidden airbag is worth watching in slo-mo!

nyys September 30th, 2010 12:29 AM

Was watching Survivor and during the tribal council CBS died (at least in my house). Now I have to watch it on demand tomorrow to see what happened... and no I do not want to know.

RabSheila November 2nd, 2010 07:58 AM

After watching The Walking Dead on Halloween night I watched the "Dead Set" series last night. Good times to be a Zombie fan.

A_Train November 2nd, 2010 08:45 AM

The most recent show I watched was The Walking Dead. Huge fan, I'll be following this one closesly.

ABOMINATION December 9th, 2010 06:37 PM

Recently watched a few episodes of '1000 Ways To Die'. I'm not sure if I like it or not. While fascinating because the explain in detail how this person died and it is fascinating, I find it very morbid that this is entertainment, watching how other people died, and sometimes laughing at the stupidity of how said person died. :? I dunno...

Utger man December 12th, 2010 09:55 PM

call me a kid but i like spectacular spider-man, star wars the clone wars, generator rex, and cop shows go figure

Chardar January 1st, 2011 05:01 PM

Twilight Zone marathon. 8)

pjnormandin January 1st, 2011 05:51 PM

I've been watching the Doctor Who marathon on BBCAmerica.

ollie January 8th, 2011 12:35 PM

Not having a TV, I don't come to this thread all that often. However, I thought I'd ask if anyone planned to watch Shameless. It's a US remake of a British show. I've seen the first couple of seasons of the British version and loved it. However, it would probably come close to the top of any list of British shows I made that I thought would not translate well to the US. It's got Allison Janney and William H. Macy, which I assume means it's pretty high-budget/mainstream (it's on Showtime; that doesn't mean anything to me---is it something most homes get?).

Thoughts?

Drumline3469 January 10th, 2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie (Post 1309999)
Not having a TV, I don't come to this thread all that often. However, I thought I'd ask if anyone planned to watch Shameless. It's a US remake of a British show. I've seen the first couple of seasons of the British version and loved it. However, it would probably come close to the top of any list of British shows I made that I thought would not translate well to the US. It's got Allison Janney and William H. Macy, which I assume means it's pretty high-budget/mainstream (it's on Showtime; that doesn't mean anything to me---is it something most homes get?).

Thoughts?

Showtime genuinely has high budget TV shows. Many of which are generally nominated (and win) awards such as Californication, Dexter, Weeds, etc. Not a lot of people get Showtime (it's in a higher tier of cable) but their shows still garner a large audience. I think Dexter is one of the best American television series that I've ever seen simply due to the caliber of writing, acting, and production. Showtime is one of the few networks I've seen where I don't feel as if the show is held back due to crappy acting, over-bearing CEOs, or terrible funding if that helps at all, Ollie. I'll be sure to check out both the new version and the British version of this show.

ollie January 11th, 2011 11:57 AM

Thanks for the info Drumline3469. I hope you enjoy the show(s).

I've seen and enjoyed a season of Dexter. Must get the second season. (One of the advantages of TV via boxset/itunes is that you get to splurge and watch the whole lot in one go, usually roughly an episode a night until it's done for us :))

stubobj January 30th, 2011 07:21 PM

Just got Netflix last month and have been enjoying the Instant Play a lot. Ive been watching Full Metal Alchemist (for the 3rd time). I started watching it with my daughter until I remember how bloody and serious the series can get. The character development is very good though. You really feel for the 2 brothers as you see what they go through to make right the wrong they did. I suggest it to anyone interested in an anime series.

stubobj February 2nd, 2011 06:10 PM

Theres a couple new series we started watching that arent too bad.
Being Human and The Cape. Being Human is about a Vampire, Werewolf, and Ghost all living together. So far Ive enjoyed the 2 episodes Ive watched. The Cape is a superhero series about a cop who has been framed and thought to be dead. He hooks up with a carnival crew and learns the ins and outs of escaping and illusions. The costume is a bit cheesy but its still entertaining to watch. Im kind of liking the evil guy, Chess. Again only watched a couple episodes but its now on our list of shows to watch.

Ninja Dust February 2nd, 2011 06:15 PM

I just started watching Burn Notice. Its a pretty good show. i usually watch the simpsons, leverage and anything on the travel channel.

'Scaper94 February 2nd, 2011 08:19 PM

Rugrats!:D And Hey! Arnold, Spongebob, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Seinfeld.

Darth Vader February 2nd, 2011 08:48 PM

Lately, I've been watching a lot of the Office. I just cannot get over that show. I also watch a little bit of Seinfeld, but its on at the same time as the Office so I only get in a few episodes a week. I also have been watching Pawn Stars and American Pickers on History as of late.