Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

RabSheila March 30th, 2010 10:29 AM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frylock (Post 1050664)
New Office Episode=:rofl:

I watched last week"s episode yesterday. Hilarious. You gotta love and cringe at "Date Mike".

Frylock March 30th, 2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabSheila (Post 1050670)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frylock (Post 1050664)
New Office Episode=:rofl:

I watched last week"s episode yesterday. Hilarious. You gotta love and cringe at "Date Mike".

My favorite line:

Julie: "What is he like normally?"

Pam: "Well, he's...more....kinda...like...yeah you can leave."

Another favorite:

Jim: "This baby is amazing. She gets me out of all kinds of stuff!...And I love her too. I love her very much.

ParaGoomba Slayer April 1st, 2010 12:22 AM

The newest South Park. Stan's dad gives himself testicular cancer so he can get medicinal marijuana. :lol:

RabSheila April 1st, 2010 07:01 AM

Justified and Breaking Bad 1st Season.

Krizo April 1st, 2010 10:27 AM

Spongebob on SPRING BREAK!!

Yodaking April 1st, 2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabSheila (Post 1052368)

I am really liking Justified. Another good show from FX. You are a bit behind on Breaking Bad, the 3rd season just started up. I missed a few episodes of season 2 myself so I need to Netflix it.

RabSheila April 1st, 2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 1052584)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RabSheila (Post 1052368)

I am really liking Justified. Another good show from FX. You are a bit behind on Breaking Bad, the 3rd season just started up. I missed a few episodes of season 2 myself so I need to Netflix it.

Yeah, I want to read the Elmore Leonard books Justified is based on. Shouldn't be that hard to hunt them down. If you care, they're Pronto, Riding the Rap and Fire in the Hole (from Leonard's collection When the Women Come Out to Dance)

When AMC aired the best of Breaking Bad Marathon a few weeks back I watched the pilot and was hooked. I didn't want to watch any of the other episodes they showed at the time because they jumped around to much in the storyline (I think it was only 6 or 7 shows and only two of them were from season 1 counting the pilot.) Luckily, the library has seasons 1 and 2. I was able to get the first six shows from them and devoured it (they split up the boxed set). Now, I'm waiting for the remaining first and second season shows. I think I'm second on the list.

jschild April 1st, 2010 08:35 PM

The entire Whedonverse is now on Netflix On-Demand.

All episodes of Buffy, Angel, Firefly, and the wonderful Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog are now available. Enjoy!

ParaGoomba Slayer April 15th, 2010 05:50 AM

South Park.

Spoiler Alert!

ABOMINATION May 4th, 2010 09:07 AM

Watched the new Family Guy on Hulu, and I can definately say that I'm through with that dumb show. Lame jokes, and I never even laughed. Plus, what's with this 'new' Stewie? The 'evil' Stewie was much better.

After that, I watched the Simpsons. Much better and funnier. :p

A_Train May 4th, 2010 09:18 AM

NHL Playoffs

RabSheila May 4th, 2010 11:29 AM

Watched Sunday's episode of Breaking Bad. The last few minutes of that episode were fantastic (the whole show was great, but the last bit was outstanding in my opinion.) As good as any action sequence I've seen on the big screen in awhile.

Xn F M May 4th, 2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABOMINATION (Post 1080199)

:shock:

Family Guy must be getting really bad if the Simpsons was "better and funnier." (Assuming you didn't seen an old episode. ;))

ABOMINATION May 4th, 2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xn F M (Post 1080310)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABOMINATION (Post 1080199)

:shock:

Family Guy must be getting really bad if the Simpsons was "better and funnier." (Assuming you didn't seen an old episode. ;))

I recently got into the Simpsons just on Hulu, so I haven't seen any of the old episodes. From what I've seen so far, there are quite a few episodes that I was laughing at. Sure there's a bad one now and then, but overall it's much better than Family Guy.

Family Guy doesn't have a plot anymore. Evil Stewie is gone, replaced by fashion Stewie or whatever, and basically the whole thing is Peter Griffin making a fool of himself. Maybe other people think it's funny, but I almost threw up from the stupidity. :?

Also, I like the other animated cartoon American Dad made by Seth McFarlane, so I don't know why I like that and not Family Guy.

Xn F M May 4th, 2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABOMINATION (Post 1080343)
[Family Guy doesn't have a plot anymore. Evil Stewie is gone, replaced by fashion Stewie or whatever, and basically the whole thing is Peter Griffin making a fool of himself. Maybe other people think it's funny, but I almost threw up from the stupidity. :?

:rofl: That's almost the exact argument that old-school Simpsons fans make against the new episodes. The show used to be more like a sitcom that just happened to be animated. The characters had more of a realness about them that's been lost as the show became a pure comedy. They still put out some good episodes, there just aren't as many per season.

ABOMINATION May 4th, 2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xn F M (Post 1080358)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABOMINATION (Post 1080343)
[Family Guy doesn't have a plot anymore. Evil Stewie is gone, replaced by fashion Stewie or whatever, and basically the whole thing is Peter Griffin making a fool of himself. Maybe other people think it's funny, but I almost threw up from the stupidity. :?

:rofl: That's almost the exact argument that old-school Simpsons fans make against the new episodes. The show used to be more like a sitcom that just happened to be animated. The characters had more of a realness about them that's been lost as the show became a pure comedy. They still put out some good episodes, there just aren't as many per season.

Well, believe me when I say that it's better than Family Guy. :p Maybe if I'd seen older Simpson episodes I'd echo what you say, but from what I've seen it's a good show.

nyys May 4th, 2010 01:42 PM

Eh, I'm still a FG fan, stopped watching The Simpsons a long time ago.

--

As for TV in general, there is nothing on that is 'good enough' to make me tune in when it is on. Pretty much all broadcast TV I watch now is On Demand. I enjoy all these shows, but nothing has me enthralled to the point where I can't wait until the next episode.

House
Bones
Survivor
NCIS
CSI
Parenthood
Lost
Flash Forward
Supernatural

I actually prefer to wait until a season comes out on DVD and watch it at my own pace (through NetFlix) that way there's no worrying about it being taken off the On Demand list (Verizon only holds up to 5 episodes in the queue).

Gulp May 9th, 2010 12:28 AM

Anyone wanting to see why The Simpsons are classic should start with Season 3 and stop at Season 7. You'll be quoting the Simpsons for the rest of your life.

My current TV watchings:

James Burke's "Connections"!!! I can't stop watching it. It's the most interesting show I've ever seen. Find out how panning for gold thousands of years ago led to nuclear technology. Watch some Connections online.

ParaGoomba Slayer May 17th, 2010 04:35 AM

Misfits. To quote Wikipedia:

Quote:

Misfits is a British live-action superhero comedy-drama about a group of young offenders forced to work in a community service programme, where they become imbued with supernatural powers after a strange electrical storm.
I'm 3 episodes in, and it's pretty good.

Lord Zaibatsu May 17th, 2010 06:23 AM

These days I am watching Avatar: The Last Airbender with my little brother. I don't think he can totally grasp some of the higher concepts but he does seem to enjoy the action.

Drumline3469 May 17th, 2010 11:18 AM

Gearing up for the last week of Lost. Also, I started watching Happy Town on ABC. The dialog isn't great, and it has gratuitous sexuality that doesn't help move the plot at all, but the overarching plot seems like it's going to be cool. I can see why ABC is pulling it.

jschild May 17th, 2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumline3469 (Post 1089243)
Gearing up for the last week of Lost. Also, I started watching Happy Town on ABC. The dialog isn't great, and it has gratuitous sexuality that doesn't help move the plot at all, but the overarching plot seems like it's going to be cool. I can see why ABC is pulling it.

You mean the one single sex scene in 3 episodes that doesn't show anything?

The dialog I fully agree with but it's got a real interesting mystery going on.

Drumline3469 May 17th, 2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 1089247)
Quote:

I didn't mean it was like sinfully sexual. I meant the sexuality of the characters seems to be pointless. Like the Mayor's Grandson and his girlfriend seems to be the most ludicrous relationship EVER and completely unneeded thus far. It just seems like they're trying to throw hot chicks in there doing hot things for no real reason.

jschild May 17th, 2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumline3469 (Post 1089335)
Quote:

Quote:

I didn't mean it was like sinfully sexual. I meant the sexuality of the characters seems to be pointless. Like the Mayor's Grandson and his girlfriend seems to be the most ludicrous relationship EVER and completely unneeded thus far. It just seems like they're trying to throw hot chicks in there doing hot things for no real reason.

A Romeo and Juliet relationship with two families that hate each other is ludicrous? I've seen them myself - it's fairly common in small towns. Unneeded maybe, but we are only 3 episodes in.

Now, the bad boy coming into town was probably to set up the main girl with a major problem down the road.

Drumline3469 May 17th, 2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 1089343)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A Romeo and Juliet relationship with two families that hate each other is ludicrous? I've seen them myself - it's fairly common in small towns. Unneeded maybe, but we are only 3 episodes in.

Now, the bad boy coming into town was probably to set up the main girl with a major problem down the road.

The fact that their together isn't ludicrous, it's the things that are done in that relationship. The man pretty much told the girl "I'm going to kill your dad" and then went to go beat him up and got stabbed and she said "Just don't do it again." I mean really? That just made me rage.

jschild May 17th, 2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumline3469 (Post 1089378)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 1089343)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The fact that their together isn't ludicrous, it's the things that are done in that relationship. The man pretty much told the girl "I'm going to kill your dad" and then went to go beat him up and got stabbed and she said "Just don't do it again." I mean really? That just made me rage.

Ah, Now I'm following you. Yeah, they were pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.

RabSheila May 21st, 2010 10:47 AM

Last night I got to watch the Deadliest Warrior episode from earlier in the week before playing some ‘scape. Waffen SS vs. Viet Cong. Hard to get behind either side, but since I like to choose somebody to root for each show…man, how weird is it to find yourself rooting for Nazis? It’s not something I ever thought I’d be doing, that’s for sure.

Drumline3469 May 21st, 2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabSheila (Post 1092141)
Last night I got to watch the Deadliest Warrior episode from earlier in the week before playing some ‘scape. Waffen SS vs. Viet Cong. Hard to get behind either side, but since I like to choose somebody to root for each show…man, how weird is it to find yourself rooting for Nazis? It’s not something I ever thought I’d be doing, that’s for sure.

Did you get a chance to see the Zonde vs Jaguars? That Kpinga throwing knife might be the best weapon to ever grace the show. The demonstration FLOORED me and I just sat in nervous laughter for a good 90 seconds after the handle went through a guy's stomach.

I'm starting Band of Brothers and Pacific with a bunch of my friends this weekend. Nothing beats a little male bonding over what are supposed to be excellent war miniseries.

RabSheila May 21st, 2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumline3469 (Post 1092143)
Did you get a chance to see the Zonde vs Jaguars? That Kpinga throwing knife might be the best weapon to ever grace the show. The demonstration FLOORED me and I just sat in nervous laughter for a good 90 seconds after the handle went through a guy's stomach.

I did see that. That was pretty cool. I also liked the demonstration of the Makraka taking off the gel-guy's head.

Quote:

I'm starting Band of Brothers and Pacific with a bunch of my friends this weekend. Nothing beats a little male bonding over what are supposed to be excellent war miniseries.

Band of Brothers is fantastic. I'm currently recording the Pacific and have fallen behind in watching it. I've seen the first four episodes. I like it, but so far I don't think it's as good as Band.

Jormi_Boced May 21st, 2010 11:09 AM

I have been watching How I Met Your Mother recently and find it to be pretty funny.

Drumline3469 May 21st, 2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabSheila (Post 1092147)
Quote:

I did see that. That was pretty cool. I also liked the demonstration of the Makraka taking off the gel-guy's head.

Yeah, that was really awesome! I think Season 2 is far superior to season 1 so far. The match-ups are just insane, and most are tribes I know little about. The only episode I didn't like was GSG9 vs SWAT. The show is called the Deadliest Warrior, not the Crowd Control Warrior. I've liked all the 1 on 1 match-ups this season. Ghengis Khan vs Alexander the Great was probably my 2nd favorite episode, next to Zonde vs Jaguar.

nyys May 21st, 2010 11:23 AM

Watched the Grey's Anatomy finale last night... holy shoot out! The whole thing was pretty ridiculous as far as how the shooter evaded the police, even after he was shot.

Movie police are dumb.

RabSheila May 21st, 2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumline3469 (Post 1092151)
I've liked all the 1 on 1 match-ups this season.

Yeah, same here. Next week looks pretty cool, too. A Rajput vs. Marcus Decimus Gallus (I gotta root for Marcus.)

Balantai June 2nd, 2010 02:21 PM

I am currently watching the first season of Dr. Who. (Since the reboot) I had watched episodes from seasons 1 - 4? here and there on BBC, but now that I have Netflix, I can stream the seasons! :twisted:

ParaGoomba Slayer June 9th, 2010 09:12 PM

The Spongebob Squarepants episode where Squidward buys a bomb pie for Spongebob. :lol:

pjnormandin June 9th, 2010 10:33 PM

1 vs 100 on gameshow network. Since I got digital cable I can't get enough of old crappy gameshows. Match Game and 1 vs 100 for example.

chas June 10th, 2010 08:52 AM

;) DVDs of the 1970s Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter (3 seasons on two different networks). I like the early shows set in WWII the best. All kinds of guest stars come out to play! Also George Reeves' Superman. The last two seasons were made in color for posterity (now), even though TV was only B&W back then!

ParaGoomba Slayer June 19th, 2010 10:01 PM

World at War, episode #23: Pacific.

Frylock June 19th, 2010 11:55 PM

Just finished watching all eight seasons of "Scrubs" (pirated off the internet-:twisted:)

I tried watching the new med-school ones, but it's just not the same.

'Scaper94 June 28th, 2010 04:15 PM

Codname: Kids Next Door right now. Earlier it was Everybody Loves Raymond and Drake & Josh.

jschild June 28th, 2010 04:22 PM

Been watching Happy Town and Persons Unknown and very happy that Futurama has returned.

Jdet June 28th, 2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 1124744)
Been watching Happy Town and Persons Unknown and very happy that Futurama has returned.

Amen about Futurama! Do you think the second episode was just a dream in Zap's head? My wife and I have been watching Fringe.

ABOMINATION June 28th, 2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

I've heard about Futurama, but never really looked into it. I might have to check it out on Hulu, if it's there.

Frylock June 29th, 2010 04:12 PM

Last Comic Standing (or I was watching it last night.)

jschild June 29th, 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABOMINATION (Post 1124850)
Quote:

I've heard about Futurama, but never really looked into it. I might have to check it out on Hulu, if it's there.

Not sure if it's there, but it's got some of the sharpest writing around.

Jormi_Boced June 29th, 2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frylock (Post 1125860)
Last Comic Standing (or I was watching it last night.)

I have been watching that too.

NecroBlade June 29th, 2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 1125861)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABOMINATION (Post 1124850)
Quote:

Not sure if it's there, but it's got some of the sharpest writing around.

Better than Pimpsons and Assarama?

BassistofDoom July 4th, 2010 11:29 AM

I like classic shows like the original Get Smart tv show and M*A*S*H. I also watch the Simpsons (definitely more talented writing than Family Guy) and NCIS.