Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

RichardD February 3rd, 2011 02:48 PM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

The best British sitcom of the past ten years was Coupling.Written by the chap that has gone on to write almost all of the best new Doctor Who episodes, and starring several people who have gone on to bigger and better things, some of the episodes had me rolling around on the floor crying with laughter. Especially the Israeli visitor episode. Best described as being like Friends, only a lot edgier and much, much funnier (for the record, I wasn't a fan of friends).

Most of the British sitcoms that have been remade for the US were funnier in their original format, but Coupling never got picked up by the US networks - probably because it was too edgy and too much like Friends in terms of the makeup of the cast and the two or three key locations. Your loss, I'm afraid.

Right now I'm watching Hellcats (OK, so it's aimed at teenage girls, so sue me; I like the way it's written - any show that directly references the Star Trek Kobayashi Maru problem deserves a serious amount of credit), House (yes, it's Sherlock Holmes in a hospital; no, they won't cure the patient until House has a eureka moment ten minutes from the end; yes, any risky procedure attempted halfway through the show is only going to make things worse; but for all its faults, I like it and Hugh Laurie has *always* been good, whatever he's been in), ad Hawaii 5-0 (mostly because they had the very good sense to keep the original theme music, and Grace Park is very easy on the eyes). And the latest series of Spartacus has started on cable too (again, it's not big and it's not clever, but I'm enjoying it - even the bits where Jaime Murray keeps her top on, but hopefully they will keep those bits to a minimum).

jschild February 13th, 2011 08:26 PM

Nova ScienceNow - love Neil Degrasse Tyson and the dog in that episode was amazing. Especially when you can see it struggling to reason out which stuffed animal he wanted. Amazing stuff.

flameslayer93 February 13th, 2011 10:06 PM

The Grammies:p

Kaemon Awa 123 February 14th, 2011 05:57 PM

Seeing as we just got Netflix, I'm slooowly working my way through the 1st season of Psyche (awesome show BTW) working my way up to episode 8 which has Orm's Return in it!!!

nate the dawg February 14th, 2011 08:07 PM

Just finished my daily DVR'd Jeopardy and WoF, so I'm getting ready to sit down and watch my wife's new fave, The Cape. It's cheesy, but pretty good....and you don't have to try very hard to fill the gap that was left when Heroes was (finally) cancelled.

delphic February 14th, 2011 08:20 PM

The Outcasts - Australian Sci-Fi

Great Show about colonists from earth arriving and surviving on a new planet.

More Drama than Action but a good story and solid characters.

Cheers,

Delphic

Ninja Dust February 14th, 2011 08:54 PM

I've been watching Codename Kids Next Door. Its a show on Cartoon Network.

Jormi_Boced February 14th, 2011 09:07 PM

Watching Wesminster Dog Show right now.

Ninja Dust February 15th, 2011 02:45 PM

I have been watching Bizarre Food on the travel channel.

chas February 22nd, 2011 07:47 AM

8) Anime Channel on Time Warner, (Cutting Edge On Demand Channel 1021 here in New York). For free. Reloads every Wednesday at midnight.

pjnormandin March 1st, 2011 10:47 PM

Hi,
I have been watching the original True Grit. I have never seen it before today. It's got about 15 minutes left. Pretty good movie, and that's coming from someone who has not seen more than 5 John Wayne movies.
~P

Chardar March 1st, 2011 10:53 PM

After working at it for more than a year I have finally watched the entire X-Files series from beginning to end. Honestly I wish that I'd stopped two episodes earlier, the ending was kind of disappointing.

Although they do make for some very interesting Heroscape customs.