Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

Agent Minivann July 13th, 2017 11:21 PM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper speaking about the 100 (Post 2134914)
I don't know anything about the book but the character of Clarke is one of the most compelling female leads I've ever seen on tv. Strong and feminine without a hint of ingenue or mock masculinity. I have little interest in dystopian fiction in general but I love this show.

After a hiatus, we are back on Netflix, and I've been getting my list of shows populated. Thanks to your endorsement I watched the first episode just now. That was a good start. It has been a while since I read the book, but I think the first episode ends at about the same place the first book in the series ends. If the book was put together like this, I probably would have continued with the series. I'm guessing the stuff in the first book not included in the show so far will come in as flashbacks and in dialogue. It was a smart choice skipping that.

Dad_Scaper July 14th, 2017 09:12 AM

My daughter read the books, or some of them at least, and she claims that the plots are significantly different from each other. Many but not all major characters appear in both, she said, and they do different things. It bothered her so she quit the show, but you may find that you appreciate the show telling a slightly different story.

Hahma July 20th, 2017 09:05 PM

I re-watched seasons 1 and 2 of iZombie with my daughters and just got done watching season 3. Great series!

Tornado July 21st, 2017 07:39 AM

Did you see the D&D episode?

I enjoyed that one. :)

Hahma July 21st, 2017 08:24 AM

Yeah, seen them all. Love Netflix :)

The DnD one was great, and my daughters rolled their eyes at me many times as I was making some comments during that episode :)

Tornado July 21st, 2017 10:51 AM

Did you see the Community(? the one with Chevy Chase) D&D episode?
That was excellent also.

I believe they did a GI Joe episode as well that was animated.

Hahma July 21st, 2017 11:14 AM

No, I haven't heard of the Community.

Tornado July 21st, 2017 02:15 PM

I never got into Community except for those couple specific episodes.

Here is one episode and it looks like they did a sequel.

GI Joe episode

CJtheMighty July 27th, 2017 08:38 PM

Watched Season 1 of Into the Badlands recently, really surprised me actually. I was a bit worried that it would be to gory for me, but it's actually not that bad. I'm a sucker for wuxia style fight scenes and this show did not disappoint. It does unfortunately fall into the trap of having drama at the cost of not making any sense at times, but thankfully that happens rarely. I like most of the characters and hate the others, but I'm fairly sure it's a design choice.

Hahma July 27th, 2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2158245)
Watched Season 1 of Into the Badlands recently, really surprised me actually. I was a bit worried that it would be to gory for me, but it's actually not that bad. I'm a sucker for wuxia style fight scenes and this show did not disappoint. It does unfortunately fall into the trap of having drama at the cost of not making any sense at times, but thankfully that happens rarely. I like most of the characters and hate the others, but I'm fairly sure it's a design choice.

My daughters and I watched both seasons and loved them. Can't wait for season 3.

Dad_Scaper July 28th, 2017 09:16 AM

Oh yes, that show is excellent. I haven't watched Season 2 yet, but Season 1 was a treasure.

Tornado July 28th, 2017 10:52 AM

American Gods

I really like the premise and the acting. Emily Browning is amazing. Check her out in Sucker Punch if you have not seen it.
Seriously, see Sucker Punch! It has a very Heroscape-y feel to the action scenes.

Back to AG. Not super happy with editing and the way some of the plots were presented.
The ending did not have much closure so I hope they make another season.

The plot point around the coin reminded of an episode of Friday the 13th The Series. :)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics...th_S1_rear.jpg