Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Heroscape Strategy Articles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Wyrmling Strategy Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=32104)

tcglkn August 27th, 2010 08:38 AM

Wyrmling Strategy Thread

Well now that these guys have been out for a few weeks, what do you guys think of them? How are they playing? What are some of the tips you guys have for anyone new. One thing I noticed is they all have different uses.

Black Wyrmling - Hero Killer
Blue Wyrmling - Normal Attacker/Squad Killer (Highest Normal Attack/Lightning Attack)
Red Wyrmling - Squad Killer
White Wyrmling - Glyph Grabber (Highest Defense)

So what are your strategic thoughts on these fun baby dragons?

kolakoski August 27th, 2010 08:49 AM

Re: Wyrmling Strategy Thread

See "Early Wyrmling Strategy Musings . . . " thread.

tcglkn August 27th, 2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolakoski (Post 1187477)

I thought that was more like the Pre-Release thread and wanted this to be more like the Official Book of Wyrmling Strategy.

nyys August 27th, 2010 09:05 AM

Wyrmlings do not like the WoB. My son used a mix of them (totaling 8) the other night along with some Iron Golems and an Ogre Warhulk against my Werewolf Lord, WoB x3, and a Hydra.

The WoB pounced the Wyrmlings into oblivion.

killercactus August 27th, 2010 01:06 PM

I think that the Red Wyrmling will be good for killing Deathreavers, and the Black Wyrmling will be good at killing the Krav, and maybe help out against Raelin and other small/medium heroes (I keep seeing people saying Blacks are great at killing heroes, but I wonder if everyone realizes they can only hit Small/Medium...).

I think Blue's are a bit underrated at this juncture, but I think they'll be the least played because of their Point cost.

I think Whites remain the backbone of the Wyrmling army, if you're going to build an army around Wyrmlings.

dok August 27th, 2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1187479)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kolakoski (Post 1187477)

I thought that was more like the Pre-Release thread and wanted this to be more like the Official Book of Wyrmling Strategy.

If it's not based on play experience, it seems like the "early strategy musings" thread works. If it is based on play experience, the actual book thread works. Either way... well, you know.

Blacks are better than reds not just against Krav, but against lots of stuff when backed by Raelin, including rats. I'd be a lot more comfortable with a black/red mix than with pure red.

Whites and blues are more important when you don't have a common squad core that's doing most of the attacking.

worldsenemy September 9th, 2010 04:32 PM

I agree with doc, I good mix of black and red is sure fire against various threats, and would likely do you some good in tournament or large group battle.
I'm excited to play more with these guys, I love the concept behind these guys. The bonding is a really great asset. Anyone have any playing experience with what works well alongside them?

Majora's Incarnation September 9th, 2010 05:54 PM

Keeping my eye on this thread, I have yet to be able to use my wyrmlings.

tcglkn September 9th, 2010 05:59 PM

I think running 4x each Wyrmling plus an Iron Golem in a 600 point army is a solid build. Use the Iron Golem to take out any Large or Huge Heroes, use the Black Wyrmlings for Small or Medium Heroes and High Defense Squads. Blue Wyrmlings for high defenses and Swarms, Red for Squads and White for Glyph Holding and Swarms.

worldsenemy September 10th, 2010 08:25 AM

I do like that Iron Golem. Saw him in action last weekend, and that thing took down Gurei Oni, Raelin, and a squad and a half of rats before going down.

Carnival Man September 11th, 2010 01:21 AM

I'm seriously considering pairs of Blues for an anti-rat patrol, among other uses. Sure they aren't Braxas, but for 70 pts. a pair they should help quite a bit against melee squads.

dragon master September 11th, 2010 08:20 PM

a red and black mix would be good.