Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Dreadgul Raiders (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48100)

superfrog March 28th, 2013 03:56 PM

The Book of Dreadgul Raiders

The Book of Dreadgul Raiders

Vydar's Betrayal - C3 - Barbarians and Bones

PDF

The figure used for this unit are D&D Minis figures from the Dragoneye, Aberrations and Harbinger sets. Their model numbers and names are Barbarian Mercenary (25), Carrion Tribe Barbarian (46) and
Human Bandit (66).

WILD STRATEGIC BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Dreadgul Raiders, you may first take a turn with any wild Human or Giant Hero you control. If you do not take a turn with any Human or Giant Hero you control, add 1 to the Attack value of this card.

BERSERKER CHARGE
After moving and before attacking, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move the same Dreadgul Raiders again.

Character Bio - (Insert character Bio)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Who can I take a turn with using Wild Strategic Bonding?
    Any hero that is either a human or giant, and has a wild personality. A wild [ human or giant ] hero.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • VALGUARD : Berserker Charge Enhancement
    Having the Berserker Charge ability, the Dreadgul Raiders may benefit from Valguard’s BERSERKER CHARGE ENHANCEMENT D20 bonus.
  • COUNT RAYMOND : MANEUVER 9
    As humans who follow Einar, Dreadgul Raiders may benefit from Count Raymond's MANEUVER 9 when they receive one or more wounds from a leaving engagement attack.

Synergy Benefits Offered
- WILD HUMAN OR GIANT HEROES: Wild Strategic Bonding
As Wild Human or Giant heroes, any of the following may benefit from the Dreadgul Raiders' WILD STRATEGIC BONDING bonus: Guilty McCreech, Jotun, Pel the Hill Giant, Valguard and Wastewalker Gage.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking
Similar to the Death Chasers, these guys have an interesting array of bonding options and the potential to hit hard. B+

Heroscaper Guy March 28th, 2013 04:08 PM

Re: The Book of Dreadgul Raiders

I have to say this army I just played to test the Dreadguls out was very fun. 4x Dreadguls, Guilty, Valguard, Ne-Gok-Sa, Isamu. The Dreadguls rushed out with Guilty. Reinforcements came once Guilty and some Dreadguls died in the form of more of the Dreadguls and Valguard. Isamu and Ne-Gok-Sa tried to clean up and were close with just two figures left. Very fun unit C3V, now to play them with the big giant.

vegietarian18 March 28th, 2013 04:19 PM

The Dreadguls turn Guilty from a B figure to at least an A- one. He functions similar to Me-Burq-Sa in a Romans/Deathchaser build, taking long range potshots from height every turn, but he's cheaper than MBS AND gets two shots off every turn. He's especially good with Raelin, so even if your opponent pierces your Dreadgul screen, he is able to weather a few hits. The only problem with Guilty is that he's so addicting; you want to bring him out early to get the first strike on your enemies, and once you do that, you can't stop because of his long range. That sometimes means Jotun is left sitting in the startzones as his Raiders die protecting a cowboy that was meant to be filler. :lol:

Spuke Boy March 28th, 2013 05:47 PM

You might want to add that they benefit from Valguard's Berserker Charge Enhancement in 'Synergy Benefits Received'.

Arch-vile March 28th, 2013 08:12 PM

Interesting idea, Vegie. I've saved Guilty for cleanup when I've used him as a bonding option. It's hard to not bond with Jotun all the time when playing the Dreadguls since he's so fun. :lol:

The Dreadguls have reminded me of how durable Valguard is. He is really tough to kill with 7 life and 4 defense.

Heroscaper Guy March 28th, 2013 09:43 PM

I lead with Guilty actually. His range is good at taking out figures the Dreadguls tie up.

Fi Skirata March 29th, 2013 04:02 PM

Could you fix the synergies to match below (you can just quote my post and copy it into the OP):

Synergy Benefits Received
- VALGUARD : Berserker Charge Enhancement
Having the Berserker Charge ability, the Dreadgul Raiders may benefit from Valguard’s BERSERKER CHARGE ENHANCEMENT D20 bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
- WILD HUMAN OR GIANT HEROES: Wild Strategic Bonding
As Wild Human or Giant heroes, any of the following may benefit from the Dreadgul Raider's WILD STRATEGIC BONDING bonus: Guilty McCreech, Jotun and Valguard.

Tiranx April 3rd, 2013 11:33 AM

What is the optimal number of squads for these guys? I was thinking that three squads was about right.

MegaSilver April 3rd, 2013 01:11 PM

I would say four, personally, as they are a 3-man squad.

orgsbane April 3rd, 2013 01:17 PM

I can't wait to play these guys! I got a 500 point army idea, what do you guys think?

Jotun
Dreadgull Raiders x2
Airborne Elite
Guilty

The idea is the Airborne drop in, hopefully by the second round at least, and deal with any anti melee. If that can happen, Jotun and the Dreadgulls should be able to make short work of any sort of melee left over from the AE.

awesomeunleashed April 3rd, 2013 01:22 PM

That army, sans filler, is 530 points. It's not a bad idea, though.

MegaSilver April 3rd, 2013 01:23 PM

Sounds like a good army to me.