Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Customization & HS Additions (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Custom ideas for Heroes of Scape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35574)

Kaemon Awa 123 April 7th, 2011 07:40 PM

Custom ideas for Heroes of Scape

Here's the place to post your custom ideas for Heroes of Scape, Kaiyu's masterpiece of a RPG game!

Feel free to post custom item, power, scenario or even species/class ideas! I'll try to keep this as updated as I can, but not making any guarentees...

NOTE: This customs thread, or it's ideas are not supported or, as far as I know, known of by Kaiyu. Please use at your own risk, as many/all of these ideas have likely not been tested. Please report on the balance of anything you read in this thread.

Viegon April 9th, 2011 10:08 AM

Re: Custom ideas for Heroes of Scape

Here are my giants (broken up for hopefully easer reading):

Spoiler Alert!

Please comment/criticize.

Killz April 12th, 2011 01:57 PM

Hey, I was thinking, maybe we should add a Water school of Magic? They could be well rounded between offense and defense. I think I'll try and work on it.
But then, there are no real water mages in Heroscape, so I would not know what race can use them.

So yeah, I'll try.

Utger man April 13th, 2011 02:07 PM

I think Warrior class needs to go up to level 4
Because people should be allowed to have a Drow Warrior, or an Elf Warrior for they're entire time. Not switch to Arachnomancer, or Ranger.

Viegon April 17th, 2011 03:49 PM

Here's my next Heroes of 'Scape idea, it's a rough draft for Elementars (Granite Guardians & Obsidan Guards):

Spoiler Alert!

Therion April 18th, 2011 06:17 PM

With just a quick look, the life on the Elementars looks too low, what with the Knight 1 getting those same base stats but with 2 more life.

Also, the Obsidian looks underpowered. How about +1 attack in addition to Lava Resistant? That way a first level Hero has the same Move/Attack/Defense as either of the Guardians.

Killz April 19th, 2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therion (Post 1387583)
With just a quick look, the life on the Elementars looks too low, what with the Knight 1 getting those same base stats but with 2 more life.

Also, the Obsidian looks underpowered. How about +1 attack in addition to Lava Resistant? That way a first level Hero has the same Move/Attack/Defense as either of the Guardians.

That sounds good, and yeah, I think their life is to little. Maybe just 1 more?

Kaiser Cat April 19th, 2011 01:40 PM

I'm loving the Elementars, Veigon

Also, I'm going to try and make some custom bosses for the end of dungeons.

Viegon April 19th, 2011 02:11 PM

Thanks for the suggestions/encouragement guys, I'll look at updating them soon. So if anyone else has got some suggestions for them, post them so I can gather them all together and only have to update once (for now at least).

Therion April 19th, 2011 07:30 PM

A couple more things. You should allow elevation changes with Constant Lumber, and perhaps allow an Absorb Heat that offers Lava Resistance.

Also, Material Meld looks a little strong, considering the defensive powers available. Perhaps raise the roll, and offer a bonus if the character is on a lava/stone space? Or make a really low roll for them, but only allow it on certain terrain.

Killz April 21st, 2011 02:52 PM

Well...

Well, here is is. Sorry it took so long.

Spoiler Alert!

I was originally going to make figures with Lava resistance roll less defense, but then I noticed that the Fire wizards only have 2 defense, and would be rolling only 1. I have always thought that fire has a slight advantage over water on first contact, because when water collides with the fire, it evaporates for a bit. So I thought that in this case, it would make sense for them to have a little boost.

Let me know what you think, if you think they are OP, Nerfed, are just right.

~Killz

Kaiyu April 21st, 2011 05:21 PM

Good idea on this thread Kaemon, thanks for the help, and thank you everyone for putting forth your ideas and trying to keep HoS going.

EDIT: Btw, even though I'm back (I think) I still like the idea of this thread. I'll post a link to this thread in the OP in my main thread.

For now, I'm just going to take time to read through everything people have posted and I'll get back to replying to what you've posted in due time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utger man (Post 1384640)
I think Warrior class needs to go up to level 4
Because people should be allowed to have a Drow Warrior, or an Elf Warrior for they're entire time. Not switch to Arachnomancer, or Ranger.

The reason Warrior Class stops at level 2 is because the Elf Ranger and the Drow Arachnomancer (mostly in Spider Form) carry over abilities that the Warrior has/would have. They're the same thing, just with a different name slapped onto it, and some bonus abilities to go with. Forcing you to switch is only for the sake of theme.