Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

dfonse February 7th, 2011 08:12 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Range 5. Attack 3.

Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. Johnny only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Johnny cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.

This is Johnny Shotguns's Special.
I say change stats to Range 3 attack 4.

Also, the sculpt had a chainsaw. Should we give him a chainsaw ability?

Taeblewalker February 7th, 2011 08:35 PM

I like the newer version of the shotgun. As for the chainsaw, I think we can just give him a higher attack.

dfonse February 8th, 2011 06:23 PM

Sounds good. For another special I was thinking some thing like
Zombie slaughter: If Ash Williams is engaged with at least 1(2) undead ash williams may attack again using his normal attack. If Ash williams does he must add one wound marker to his card (or not?). Ash williams may not use zombie slaughter if he used a special attack this turn.

That way he gets an advantage against zombies. It would seem un-realistic to give him plus attack against undead. Also, if he did subtract life it could show how he charges at a mob and gets hurt. Parenthesis mark interchangeable things.

Anther idea is: Mob Defense. When Ash williams is engaged with at least two undead for each engaged undead above two add one defense to Ash Williams' defense when rolling defense against a normal or special attack from an undead.

To better explain here is a formula. x = his normal defense.
y=increased defense z= engaged undead.
x + (z - 2)= y

Remember this ability only works when there are at least 2 adjacent undead so he will never lose defense from this ability.

Balantai February 8th, 2011 07:21 PM

Any more ideas out there, guys?

mac122 February 8th, 2011 08:00 PM

I have a general familiarity with the character, but have not seen either of the Evil Dead movies and only saw bits and pieces of Army of Darkness. From what I do know, assuming his normal attack represents the chainsaw, he should be able to attack all adjacent Undead figures. A boosted defense or Counterstrike-like ability against Undead may be in order as well. I like dfonse's modified Shotgun attack - shorter range but more power. From reading the Wiki article, he went to great lengths to avoid being possessed, so perhaps an immunity to losing control of his army card would be in order.

Taeblewalker February 8th, 2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1335585)
I have a general familiarity with the character, but have not seen either of the Evil Dead movies and only saw bits and pieces of Army of Darkness. From what I do know, assuming his normal attack represents the chainsaw, he should be able to attack all adjacent Undead figures. A boosted defense or Counterstrike-like ability against Undead may be in order as well. I like dfonse's modified Shotgun attack - shorter range but more power. From reading the Wiki article, he went to great lengths to avoid being possessed, so perhaps an immunity to losing control of his army card would be in order.

These are very good ideas. Whirlwind attack against adjacent Undead seems like a win. I also like the resistance to being possessed. He could force a unit that tries to take temporary or permanent control of him to subtract 1 from the die.

Here's another idea:

KLATU BARADA NIKTO! 17
Instead of moving or attacking, Ash may roll the 20-sided die once each Undead or Demon figure adjacent to him. If you roll a 17 or higher, destroy the chosen figure. Ash may only do this once per game.

Balantai February 10th, 2011 02:48 PM

First Draft

Ash Williams
Army of Darkness
Movie
Faction (?)

Human
Unique Hero
Protector
Valiant (?)
Size: 5

Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 5
Defense: 4

The Chosen One?

At the start of each round, roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll a 5 or lower, subtract 1 from Ash Williams' attack and defense until the end of the round.
  • If you roll a 6 - 15, nothing happens.
  • if you roll a 16 or higher, add 1 to Ash Williams' attack and defense until the end of the round.
Boomstick Special Attack
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Boomstick Special Attack. Ash Williams only needs a clear sight of the targeted figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Ash Williams cannot be affected by his own Boomstick Special Attack.

Come Get Some
Ash Williams may roll 2 additional defense dice when defending against an attack by an Undead or Demon figure.

Lamaclown February 10th, 2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1335614)
Here's another idea:

KLATU BARADA NIKTO! 17
Instead of moving or attacking, Ash may roll the 20-sided die once each Undead or Demon figure adjacent to him. If you roll a 17 or higher, destroy the chosen figure. Ash may only do this once per game.

I just got on here ot suggest an ability named Klatu Barada Nikto. That's funny we both thought of it. Mine was d20 based ability as well but if you rolled a 1-3, Ash had to roll 1 less defense die against Undead attacks for the round and with a 15 or higher, undead rolled 1 less defense die against him for the round. I was trying to incorporate how he flubbed the words in the movie.

Great minds and all that... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1337239)
First Draft

Ash Williams
Army of Darkness
Movie
Faction (?)

Human
Unique Hero
Protector
Valiant (?)
Size: X

Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

The Chosen One?

At the start of each round, roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll a 5 or lower, subtract 1 from Ash Williams' attack and defense.
  • If you roll a 6 - 15, nothing happens.
  • if you roll a 16 or higher, add 1 to Ash Williams' attack and defense.
Boomstick Special Attack
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. Johnny only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Ash Williams cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.

Come Get Some
Ash Williams may roll 2 additional defense dice when defending against an attack by an Undead or Demon figure.

References to Johnny and his Shotgun SA aside (;)) it looks like a great start, Balantai (even though there isn't a Groovy ability).

As far as points maybe starting between 70-90 (I hate theoryscaping point costs- I stink at it).

Balantai February 10th, 2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1337259)
References to Johnny and his Shotgun SA aside (;)) it looks like a great start, Balantai (even though there isn't a Groovy ability).

As far as points maybe starting between 70-90 (I hate theoryscaping point costs- I stink at it).

I'd also really like a Groovy special power, but I couldn't think of one that was "groovy" enough. :D

I also like the idea of a Klatu Verata N*cough* ability name, but I don't think the theme would end up matching the power.

No reason to talk about cost, yet. Let's get the abilities nailed down, first.

I'll fix the Johnny reference in the SA.

Lamaclown February 10th, 2011 03:36 PM

How a bout a "Give Me Some Sugar, Baby" ability where if your wife or girlfriend is in the room then... well, nevermind. :)

killercactus February 10th, 2011 03:47 PM

I'd like to see his normal attack higher. The dude has a Chainsaw on his arm - I think that at least constitutes a 6, considering that Drake and Carr get 6 dice for their swords. Plus, there's really no incentive to use his normal over Boomstick unless he has high ground right now (a minor point, though, as the Elf Wizards and units like Shurrak have similar issues).

I'd personally like to see "Come Get Some" increase his attack and defense, kind of like Fearless Advantage does for the Dwarves.

Balantai February 10th, 2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1337275)
I'd like to see his normal attack higher. The dude has a Chainsaw on his arm - I think that at least constitutes a 6, considering that Drake and Carr get 6 dice for their swords. Plus, there's really no incentive to use his normal over Boomstick unless he has high ground right now (a minor point, though, as the Elf Wizards and units like Shurrak have similar issues).

I'd personally like to see "Come Get Some" increase his attack and defense, kind of like Fearless Advantage does for the Dwarves.

Good point regarding his normal attack. I'll up his normal attack to 5.

I'm worried that if we up his attack with Come Get Some, he'll be too situational. In other words, he would have a situational attack of up to 9 attack dice against undead. (5 attack / 1 height / 2 Come Get Some / 1 Chosen One) I know it's really rare, but his cost would need to be determined against undead and I don't want to make it so that he only gets his points worth if your opponent has undead.