Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Can Plaid Hat Games buy Heroscape? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33776)

Megatron November 28th, 2010 06:42 PM

Can Plaid Hat Games buy Heroscape?

The title pretty much says it all. I heard some other companies were in the hunt for the Heroscape rights. Of course, I don't care who owns it, as long as figures are made! However, seeing as Truth is connected to both Plaid Hat Games and Heroscapers, I think it would be beneficial to both parties if Plaid Hat Games aquired the rights.

DrAwsm November 28th, 2010 06:52 PM

Re: Can Plaid Hat Games buy Heroscape?

I'm pretty sure Truth said somewhere that he was not going to buy the Heroscape license. Besides, Truth is hard at work on Summoner Wars, and, while I'm sure it'd be doable, it would be a lot of work to design both Heroscape and Summoner Wars units. Plus, there's the artwork, producing, shipping, designing the figures, etc. that he would have to do. While it would certainly be amazing, I highly doubt Truth will ever own the Heroscape license. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just that it's unlikely.

Juniour November 28th, 2010 06:57 PM

Yeah it would be great if he owned it. But Plaid Hat Games is only a small company right now and heroscape involves having to make figures and shipping them, while summoner wars is cards and much easier to produce than plastic figures. However, if it was possible, which its not, it would be awesome if Plaid Hat Games bought heroscape

robbdaman November 28th, 2010 07:21 PM

I'm sure Truth probably would if he could but I don't see him getting the ridiculous amount of money in a loan to do so. I bet there are a lot of people who would buy Heroscape from Hasbro if they could but unless there is a player out there who is a multi-millionaire I don't see it happening. I just hope that a larger company can get ahold of the property and keep it going.

'Scaper94 November 28th, 2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrAwsm (Post 1275717)
I highly doubt Truth will ever own the Heroscape license. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just that it's unlikely.

But I thought Truth was a superhero...

Megatron November 28th, 2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juniour (Post 1275725)
Yeah it would be great if he owned it. But Plaid Hat Games is only a small company right now and heroscape involves having to make figures and shipping them, while summoner wars is cards and much easier to produce than plastic figures. However, if it was possible, which its not, it would be awesome if Plaid Hat Games bought heroscape

I figured truth's company was to small to own Heroscape. Perhaps it can have an influence if someone else purchases it.

Angear November 28th, 2010 09:09 PM

Imo I think a lot of people would be very grateful if a company picked up scape, reprinted some of the hard to get sets (Wave 3, 4, 6) and then dropped it again. It would be a way for them to maybe make some money. And the heroscape fanbase would be quite content.

Juniour November 28th, 2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron (Post 1275779)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juniour (Post 1275725)

I figured truth's company was to small to own Heroscape. Perhaps it can have an influence if someone else purchases it.

Truth and the heroscapers community as a whole has always been a large force behind the design and playtest of the characters, as the community says what they want and the company usually uses what everyone wants. And the admins have been the main playtest and design force in the past so they probably will remain the main designing force if another country picks up the game, and the company produces and distributes the product.

However if another company picks up heroscape they will probably end up making re-releases first, as that is the main demand, or either using the heroscape products that were never used before (like Samuel Brown).

prophetex December 4th, 2010 03:54 PM

Some reprints of figures from waves 3, 4, and 6 would be nice. Maybe even a re-release of RttFF? It is hard to come by a set these days that is terribly expensive.

Shockma Ranyk December 4th, 2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prophetex (Post 1282274)
Some reprints of figures from waves 3, 4, and 6 would be nice. Maybe even a re-release of RttFF? It is hard to come by a set these days that is terribly expensive.

Screw RttFF, I want some more tundra! 8)

Pumpkin_King December 4th, 2010 04:55 PM

That's incredibly unlikely.

Companies will sit on properties that are dead in case they ever have to use them again for any reason. Even if Wizards never molds another piece of plastic again, they're not going to let go of Heroscape unless someone pays massive amounts of money for the license.

Even if he COULD and DID, there's the trouble of actually getting the figures and things out there. Truth would have to buy the machines and molds used to print them, the computers and software used to run those machines, the raw materials (plastics, paint, cardstock), the knowhow to use all that, have the spare time to have the figures printed one batch at a time, have the shipping and administrative capacity to take orders and get them all sent out, the list goes on and on. It would have to be a group effort, and realistically, the 'Scapers wouldn't be able to pull all that together.

robbdaman December 4th, 2010 05:20 PM

Well, it's not like Hasbro/WotC has all those things in-house Pumpkin King. They field out the design, and production work for Heroscape and that is essentially what any company would have to do. Hasbro doesn't own the company in China that actually produces the plastic pieces for the game or the one that packages them once they are complete.