Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

tcglkn September 27th, 2019 09:46 AM

Re: The Book of Draftable Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

I figured we would not release these without the Batmobile. Excited that I can use these to draft the Mole Machine with Mole Man. I’ll totally use that army against the Increcibles.

IAmBatman September 27th, 2019 10:08 AM

Would love to see someone take on the draftable version of the Mole Machine. Not doing it myself, but I will do public testing and give input.

Hoping to get the Batmobile out for next May. I would love to hold these to release with that.

MrNobody September 27th, 2019 10:15 AM

I should be able to get the Tardis done by then too, art gods be willing.

IAmBatman September 27th, 2019 10:18 AM

Sweet!

japes September 27th, 2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2317478)
Fwiw, this was originally meant to be a revision to the existing rules. Or possibly implemented as a second rulebook that was just "draftable DOs".

Of course at that point we were working off the old rules much more closely.

I'd still be inclined to think of this as a replacement, but not hugely opinionated either way.

Not sure what you guys are thinking in terms of release, but I probably wouldn't roll these out yet. I think it might be worthwhile to keep these On Deck for now and knock out a couple more vehicle designs. See if anything new comes up with the rules or we need to make little tweaks for clarity. Then do a release with the new rules and some vehicles down the line. Probably just like 3 or 4 vehicles or something, doesn't need to be a huge release. Adapt the Mole Machine, get the Batmobile going and you're pretty much there.

That was always my endgame/release plan anyway. Figured I'd share since it looked like you guys were close.

I like that plan.

Tornado September 27th, 2019 12:40 PM

Could try to get the Lawmaster done for a release.

IAmBatman September 27th, 2019 12:44 PM

Finally added the draft to the OP here. I'll pick through (hopefully today and/or tomorrow) and edit the SP as needed.

IAmBatman September 27th, 2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2316801)
Quick things I immediately noticed;
-On the bulleted list on the first page, it says Drafting ehicles.
-The example 2 box on page 3 appears to have a stray letter hiding behind it.
I can double back for a closer read tomorrow.

Thank you for this Japes! Really excited to see VDO rules get on the road.

OK, @japes these aren't ones that I can reflect in the SP, so these will just have to be on your end.

IAmBatman September 27th, 2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 2316918)
[*]I believe these rules are to replace the current vehicle rules & they aren't specifically just "draftable" vehicle rules. In which case I think the cover should just read "HEROSCAPE VEHICLE RULES".

Thread title and SP title updated. Will need to be updated in the rules book as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 2316918)
  • Still on the cover, the yellow flavour text box could be reduced in length.
  • Vehicle Optional Rules: The red heading is more of a introduction to this ruleset. So again it should be more generic, & just say "VEHICLE OPTIONAL RULES".
  • Vehicle Optional Rules: The intro should talk about all ways this ruleset can be used. Maybe something like:
    Vehicles are a pervasive sight in any urban setting & now C3G presents a ruleset to add vehicles to your Heroscape battlefield. In essence vehicles in Heroscape are Destructible Objects.

Destructible Objects are an official inclusion in the game, as seen with the Fortress Door and the Destructible Wall. C3G rules for Destructible Objects were established in the C3G Destructible Objects Rules which extended the official ruleset by allowing the ability to throw these objects around the battlefield. Vehicles follow all of the rules of other destructible objects, however, not only can they be destroyed or thrown, but also driven and drafted.
  • Vehicle Optional Rules: • Drafting Vehicles
  • Example 1: the card should show a draftable card.
  • Example 1: missing some of the items; Uniqueness, Partial Cover/Full Cover, Driver Space & a simplified Points description. Something like:
    Driver Space: The circle space is where the figure is placed and designates who the driver of the vehicle is.
    Points: The value of the Vehicle Destructible Object Army Card used when drafting.
  • Drafting Vehicles: Dot points should be indented with the dot hanging. Also it's nice to emphasize the crux of the point with bold. Refer to our original set for what I mean.
  • Drafting Vehicles: last dot point needs a space after the dot.
  • Entering Vehicles: Dot points should be indented with the dot hanging. Also it's nice to emphasize the crux of the point with bold.
  • Example 2: Not sure what's happening here. The text looks all wonky as do the borders around the pictures. There's also a letter peeking out from behind the box.

None of these feel like things that need to be reflected in the SP. I think these are all just updates needed in the book itself. I'm good with A3n's intro here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n
[*]Drafting Vehicles: A VDO included in a player's army is considered in like any other figure in that player's army....

Typo fixed in SP for next update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n
[*]Entering Vehicles: Can we show an example of a figure on a card in the driver space?

That'd be good, but we can't until someone has one of those cards in hand. And we haven't made any of those cards yet. :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n
[*]Entering Vehicles: Can we show an example of a vehicle with a specific entrance/exit marked on it?

I don't think any exist yet. Should we just cut this from the rules since it's hypothetical as of now? The intent behind it is to help us get further to moving forward with the Porta John.

A3n September 27th, 2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2317578)
Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n
[*]Entering Vehicles: Can we show an example of a figure on a card in the driver space?

That'd be good, but we can't until someone has one of those cards in hand. And we haven't made any of those cards yet. :-D

So has the card not been designed with the "designated driver"? I'm kinda curious to see what this looks like? Can I assume that it was tested though? Once it's been designed though it is pretty easy to photoshop an image with a figure in the correct space. We've done that before ;).

So the vehicle with specific entrances/exits has that been tested? Does it's card look different?

IAmBatman September 28th, 2019 01:34 AM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

We have done the testing for draftable cards. There are no vehicle designs yet that specify entrances or exits. None of the above has art for the cards yet.

japes September 28th, 2019 10:08 AM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

If someone wants to take a pass at creating these card templates I won't object.