Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman March 4th, 2019 09:55 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)

1. Glad you're digging the Partial and Full Cover. Chatting it over with folks, I figured that it gives us the level of flexibility we need to use this power set for a whole bunch of different types of structures and vehicles. And it doesn't force us to price a basic car as a suit of mech armor for Joker and Prof X.

2. Game mechanics-wise (not simulation of physics-wise) Blob's Immovable power states that he cannot be moved by any power on any Army Card or Glyph unless his controlling player wants him to be.

So our other option is figuring out a clean mechanical way for him to be ripped out of a Vehicle when he doesn't want to move. If we can't/don't want to figure out a way to do that, the text seems necessary even if not 100% scientifically on point.

3. The other point to touch on is the whole "when an enemy figure occupies the same vehicle, it's automatically destroyed" bit. It's there for mechanical simplicity (not worrying about engagement/attacking/etc. inside of a vehicle, but the fact that a figure can now easily be mind controlled while behind the wheel will open the game up to a lot more instances of this happening.

Is this desirable? Is there a good way of dealing with it if not?

Yodaking March 4th, 2019 10:40 PM

I overlooked the 3rd part of your last post. Not sure how to really handle that. Letting one successful temp. mind control roll result in killing 3 other full life figures riding in the car seems way out of balance. Why can't two figures from different teams just exist in one vehicle at the same time? Either one can bail out of a door and start attacking the vehicle (or those inside if it has windows) normally.

Tornado March 4th, 2019 11:19 PM

If you put hexes on the card where you place the figures, they could attack each other while in the car, also you could designate the Driver's seat.

Yodaking March 4th, 2019 11:34 PM

If there was a clearly defined driver, it could be fun to have a driver that is mind controlled purposely wreck the car and try to KO/injure those inside it. As it stands now, if a car is driven into the Warehouse Ruins breakable wall section, does the car take any damage?

Tornado March 5th, 2019 11:24 AM

For a Hit and Run, yes, they both take damage.

IAmBatman March 5th, 2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2260443)
I overlooked the 3rd part of your last post. Not sure how to really handle that. Letting one successful temp. mind control roll result in killing 3 other full life figures riding in the car seems way out of balance. Why can't two figures from different teams just exist in one vehicle at the same time? Either one can bail out of a door and start attacking the vehicle (or those inside if it has windows) normally.

Just to be clear, in the current proposed mechanics it's the vehicle that would be automatically destroyed. Actually, in this case, since the vehicle wouldn't be taking an excessive wounds, all passengers would escape unscathed, so long as there were legal spaces to place them (if there weren't, then I suppose they'd be automatically destroyed).

We can certainly adjust so that we all figures from multiple armies to occupy multi-passenger vehicles at the same time, but it will be a whole new can of worms in terms of powers and effects.

I'd agree that having a designated driver would be essential, and would argue that at that point controlling the driver of the vehicle would mean controlling the vehicle and that, of course, only the driver could move the vehicle on their turn (a little weird that passengers can move it as is, honestly).

So if we're going all in, this might be worth doing, but it's another thing to bite off for sure.

What do you all think?

Tornado March 5th, 2019 06:58 PM

I like it. It is more but I think in the end it will all be pretty intuitive and easy after a run or two.
We have to do a police car with Hot Pursuit power. :)

Yodaking March 5th, 2019 09:25 PM

Not trying to make more work for you guys, but yeah I like the idea of knowing who is driving when more than one figure is in the same vehicle and only letting that one actually move the car now that we are going to let those riding shotgun to shoot out of the windows. I like the idea of putting 4 hexes together off the map with one hex being a different color from the other 3 to designate the driver seat for a passenger car. Then if one is mind controlled they can just attack the figure adj. to them in the car if they are not driving, if they are driving they can try to wreck the car or drive them away from the fight. Seems like a fun new experience having drive by's and such.

IAmBatman March 5th, 2019 11:22 PM

I wonder if we should include a printable, colored hex-strip with vehicles to make this apparent?

I think this would encourage me to make a lot of vehicles one-seaters for ease and not to go over two-seaters for most of them. :-P

But I think this sounds doable with some more text. @quozl and @Ronin you both have participated a lot in this discussion - any thoughts?

Ronin March 5th, 2019 11:36 PM

I've always been told designating a driver is responsible.

Makes sense to me, and I think it'll make the vehicles that much more consistent with enclosed structures representing small buildings, that get interior maps.

IAmBatman March 5th, 2019 11:59 PM

I'll try to take a shot at a revised version tomorrow!

quozl March 6th, 2019 12:40 AM

Personally, I lean to abstracting the insides of enclosed structures. I don't mind designating a driver but that's all I would want to designate. For simplicity's sake, I'd just say everyone inside is engaged to everyone else inside.