Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis February 22nd, 2013 10:11 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Ok how about this for second draft

Katniss Everdeen
Aquilla

Human
U. Hero
Hunter
Tricky (The more I thought about it this fits her better)
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 6
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3

Hunter's Precision Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 3. (She sacrafices distace for accuracy)
When rolling attack dice for Hunter's Precision Special Attack against a non adjacent figure, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

Saftey of the Trees
Katniss cannot be targeted for an attack by a non adjacent figure if she is adjacent to an evergreen tree.

Stealth Tracking (I like this one Confred)
When moving, Katniss may add 2 to her Move value. If she does she cannot attack this turn or be attacked by the figure that takes the next turn this round.

cwidje February 22nd, 2013 10:19 PM

I would drop her attack to 2 and give her a special attack with double skulls.

Confred February 22nd, 2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1769606)
Ok how about this for second draft
HUNTER'S PRECISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3. (She sacrafices distace for accuracy)
When rolling attack dice for Hunter's Precision Special Attack, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

"When rolling attack dice for Hunter's Precision Special Attack against a nonadjacent figure,..."
Quote:

STEALTH TRACKING (I like this one Confred)
When moving, Katniss may add 2 to her Move value. If she does she cannot attack this turn or be attacked by the figure that takes the next turn this round.

JC McMinis February 23rd, 2013 12:33 AM

Thank you Confred for the typo fixes.

JC McMinis February 25th, 2013 12:32 AM

I was looking back a few pages....anyone else not seeing the images I posted?

McHotcakes February 25th, 2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1770635)
I was looking back a few pages....anyone else not seeing the images I posted?

I can see them just fine.

JC McMinis February 25th, 2013 11:10 AM

Ok well must be something wrong with my phone then because I cant see any images that I have posted in any thread including my own customs threads.

mac122 February 25th, 2013 11:33 AM

[quote=Confred;1769639]
Quote:

Quote:

Not a fan of powers that you have to remember what your opponent does on their turn.

I'd rather try to combo Disengage and Tracking.

STEALTH TRACKING
Katniss Everdeen is never attacked when leaving and engagement. When moving, Katniss Everdeen may add 2 to her Move value. If she does, she cannot attack this turn.

Balantai February 25th, 2013 12:25 PM

I'm with Mac. Stealth Tracking feels really clunky and I don't like that you have to remember what happened.

Quote:

STEALTH TRACKING
Katniss Everdeen is never attacked when leaving and engagement. When moving, Katniss Everdeen may add 2 to her Move value. If she does, she cannot attack this turn.
This doesn't really feel like tracking to me. How about:

HUNTER TRACKING
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. After your oppoenent takes a turn with the chosen figure, if Katness Everdeen is unengaged, you may move her up to 3 spaces.

Confred February 25th, 2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1770754)
Not a fan of powers that you have to remember what your opponent does on their turn.

I had those same concerns, that why it only works on the very next turn. If you're teammate goes next, then the effect ends that turn. Also, it doesn't carry over from round to round.
But since you second my concern, I would like to indulge in figuring out a workaround.
Because:
Quote:

STEALTH TRACKING

: Doesn't work either.
Disengage is for getting out of trouble.
This character doesn't do that. She avoids trouble in the first place.
I'd really like a power that "makes her hard to find"
Also, she doesn't want to engage. When she is engaged is the most dangerous and suspenseful of times - That's value. We shouldn't want to remove that by a flat clean break power as Disengage. A 20-sided disengage is also unneeded clunk

If Stealth Tracking deadends, I'd like to return to the idea that it was an example for: "Instead of attacking, ___"
--
Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai
HUNTER TRACKING
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. After your opponent takes a turn with the chosen figure, if Katness Everdeen is unengaged, you may move her up to 3 spaces.

The power works as a power, but not for this character.
The character is one against many. She runs and hides and picks each one off on her own terms. When she gets momentum, she hunts them down. When they retaliate, she goes back into her hiding until the next swing she gets momentum.
In short, her hunting shouldn't be limited to one figure.
Also, she doesn't track one particular character an entire time, biding her time until that one particular character is left open. She is more of an opportunist and will take on whoever she can if the situation is favorable. Guerrilla tactics.

Balantai February 25th, 2013 12:43 PM

Great write-up, Confred.

How about this:
HIDE
If Katness Everdeen is targeted for an attack from a non-adjacent figure, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each space between Katness Everdeen and the attacking figure. If you roll an 11 or higher, Katness Everdeen does not have any visible hit zoned for the remainder of the turn.

mac122 February 25th, 2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 1770781)
Quote:

Quote:

I had those same concerns, that why it only works on the very next turn. If you're teammate goes next, then the effect ends that turn. Also, it doesn't carry over from round to round.
But since you second my concern, I would like to indulge in figuring out a workaround.
Because:
Quote:

STEALTH TRACKING

: Doesn't work either.
Disengage is for getting out of trouble.
This character doesn't do that. She avoids trouble in the first place.
I'd really like a power that "makes her hard to find"
Also, she doesn't want to engage. When she is engaged is the most dangerous and suspenseful of times - That's value. We shouldn't want to remove that by a flat clean break power as Disengage. A 20-sided disengage is also unneeded clunk

If Stealth Tracking deadends, I'd like to return to the idea that it was an example for: "Instead of attacking, ___"
--
Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai
HUNTER TRACKING
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. After your opponent takes a turn with the chosen figure, if Katness Everdeen is unengaged, you may move her up to 3 spaces.

The power works as a power, but not for this character.
The character is one against many. She runs and hides and picks each one off on her own terms. When she gets momentum, she hunts them down. When they retaliate, she goes back into her hiding until the next swing she gets momentum.
In short, her hunting shouldn't be limited to one figure.
Also, she doesn't track one particular character an entire time, biding her time until that one particular character is left open. She is more of an opportunist and will take on whoever she can if the situation is favorable. Guerrilla tactics.

Sorry, don't follow your logic. How is being able to disengage without taking an attack and moving 2 extra spaces in the process not avoiding trouble? From reading the Wiki, she escapes from close combat situations a few times - disengage - and puts distance between her and her opponent - tracking. That's guerrilla tactics, too. If you are physically weaker than your opponent, you don't stand toe to toe, you run and look for another opportunity to bloody them. She could also use it to disengage one opponent and get closer to a different one or just get herself in a better position for the next turn - up a hill and/or next to a tree. Also, she seems quite good at disengaging, so I don't follow how giving her that power is unthematic.