Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker January 28th, 2012 04:56 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I think Vivisection could be used against humans to turn them into man-beasts. However, I only saw the movies; I haven't read the book.

JC McMinis January 28th, 2012 10:34 PM

How about this for vivisection. Maybe make it an action. From the sounds of it he was combining humans and animals so maybe something like this
VIvisection
After revealing an order marker on this army card, you may destroy one animal figure you control. Place that figure on a human hero army card you control. That hero's class is now man-beast. Add 1 to the move, attack and defense value of the chosen hero.

mac122 January 28th, 2012 11:01 PM

I read through the movie synopsises...synopsisses...summaries (sorry, don't know the plural for synopsis). The only mention I saw of Moreau starting with a human was the 1977 version. Unless I missed something, all the others only discussed Moreau's experiments and vivsection activities on animals to make them more human. Obviously, it's up to LC which way to go, but thematically, it seems to me that Vivisection should only work on animals. :2cents:

Taeblewalker January 29th, 2012 03:03 AM

He started with a human so that he could send one into animal-hood and then ask what it was like when he returned. But the man resisted it.

However, if the book doesn't have that, and LC doesn't want to do the 1977 movie, then it's a no-go.

SirGalahad January 29th, 2012 12:01 PM

The plural of 'synopsis' is 'synopses'

Balantai January 29th, 2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1551040)
The plural of 'synopsis' is 'synopses'

And that's why English is silly.

wulfhunter667 January 29th, 2012 01:43 PM

There are those who say other languages are silly...
And then, there are those who call me... Tim. 8)

Lamaclown January 30th, 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1549378)
Um...good...er...gruesome choice, LC. :shock:
Dr. Moreau
VIVISECTION
All Animal figures you control now have the class of Man-Beast. All Man-Beasts you control adjacent to Dr. Moreau add 1 die to their attack and 1 die to their defense.

LAW GIVER
After revealing an order marker on this card, you may first move and attack with up to 3 Man-Beast figures you control.

NATURE UNCONTROLLED 20
After taking a turn with Dr. Moreau, if there are any Man-Beasts adjacent to Dr. Moreau, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, Dr. Moreau receives 1 unblockable wound for each adjacent Man-Beast you control.

Nice, mac. Definitely a good starting place. Since we already have Animals made for Dr. Dolittle, Dr. Moreau should be easier than when I originally tried to design him.

I was thinking about making vivisection a little more inclusive. Wolves and Vipers seem to be the most animalistic types of units so I thought about including them. Besides the Anubians and Badrus, Wolf would include the C3V Varkaanan Blade Dancers as well.

Quote:

DR. MOREAU
Human
Unique Hero
Doctor
Merciless
Medium 5
Vydar

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

VIVISECTION
All Animal, Wolf, and Viper figures you control now have the class of Man-Beast. All Man-Beasts you control adjacent to Dr. Moreau add 1 die to their attack and 1 die to their defense. If Dr. Moreau is destroyed, all Man-beasts you control regain their original Class and do not receive any extra attack or defense dice from Vivisection.

LAW GIVER
After revealing an order marker on this card, you may first move and attack with up to 2 Man-Beast Hero figures you control or 1 Man-beast Squad you control. When defending with Dr. Moreau, add 1 to his defense for each Man-beast you control adjacent to him.

NATURE UNCONTROLLED 20
After taking a turn with Dr. Moreau, if there are any Man-Beasts adjacent to Dr. Moreau, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, Dr. Moreau receives 1 unblockable wound for each adjacent Man-Beast you control.

Taeblewalker January 30th, 2012 03:13 PM

I like how it's shaping up.

wulfhunter667 January 30th, 2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

DR. MOREAU
Human
Unique Hero
Doctor
Merciless
Medium 5
Vydar

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

VIVISECTION
All Animal, Wolf, and Viper figures you control now have the class of Man-Beast. All Man-Beasts you control adjacent to Dr. Moreau add 1 die to their attack and 1 die to their defense. If Dr. Moreau is destroyed, all Man-beasts you control regain their original Class and do not receive any extra attack or defense dice from Vivisection.

LAW GIVER
After revealing an order marker on this card, you may first move and attack with up to 2 Man-Beast Hero figures you control or 1 Man-beast Squad you control. When defending with Dr. Moreau, add 1 to his defense for each Man-beast you control adjacent to him.

NATURE UNCONTROLLED 20
I don't believe "or higher" is necessary here judgeing by the text for Mitonsoul. You may want to remove it. Just my :2cents:.

Lamaclown January 30th, 2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1551586)
Quote:

DR. MOREAU
Human
Unique Hero
Doctor
Merciless
Medium 5
Vydar

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

VIVISECTION

LAW GIVER

NATURE UNCONTROLLED 20
I don't believe "or higher" is necessary here judgeing by the text for Mitonsoul. You may want to remove it. Just my :2cents:.

There has been debate over that in the customs community becuase of d20 boosting figures. Rules lawyers really get on my nerves and some rules lawyers say that if you roll a 20 and it gets boosted by an adjacent figure to 21, the result isn't 20 so the effect doesn't happen.

Personally, I thinnk that is a bunch of hog-wash. The intent of the power is clear. Anyhow, that is the purpose of the "or higher". I am good going with precedent of official powers as you have pointed out, though, and letting rules lawyers whine all they want about it.

mac122 January 30th, 2012 05:23 PM

To paraphrase Shakespeare:
:johnwoo2:Rules lawyers!

Like what you've done with the design, LC. Adding Vipers and Wolves to the list makes perfect sense and increases the possibilities for interesting army builds.

The +1 Defense for adjacent Man-Beasts also makes it more likely that there will be Man-Beasts next to Moreau to roll for Nature Uncontrolled.

:up: